Project Zero/Fatal Frame/Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Zero/Fatal Frame/Zero

Have any of you played Project Zero/Fatal Frame?
    I really think this is the scariest game ever, it beats Silent Hill in my opinion, and the ghosts are outstanding! Never played it? PLAY IT NOW! Also, talk about funny/scary/freaky/shit scary moments in the game in here! Love to hear your thoughts.

I remember once I was in the house at the beginning of Crimson Butterfly, I walked over to the "on the deck" as they call it, and I remember there was no sound, no nothing, then randomly THIS GHOST GRABBED ME AND I FUCKING SCREAMED! It was so funny afterwards! Anyway, your thoughts on this game?

I have 'em all. I'm planning on picking up the X-Box when my 360 is repaired, since it can support them.

The main flaw with the game is the slightly poor control system. When you're fleeding in terror from a ghost a light jog is not the speed you'll be doing. But as for scares...oh lord yes. It's terrifying. There was one time where I got startled so badly I literally didn't move for about half a minute, just stopped and stared at the screen in abject terror.

Brilliant.

Comment

The first one was great, the second one not so great, and i've never played the third. And still no word on that movie that was announced 3-odd years ago.

Comment

i've played the second and the third, cant find the first part here, this series is great for survival horror fans, the pacing could use some work but otherwise these games are incredibly fun to play in the dark with headphones..

Comment

I loved the series but never quite finished any of the games. I almost finished the first but inadvertedly stopped - then second I haven't touched and the third is still in it's wrapping. I'll play em all eventually.

I'm more interested in this: -
          Fatal Frame IV (TBA)

Main article: Fatal Frame IV

It was confirmed at TGS 2007 that the fourth installment of the Fatal Frame series will be developed for the Wii in co-production with Grasshopper Manufacture [5]

[edit] Real: Another Edition (2004)

Real: Another Edition is a cellular based spin-off of Fatal Frame that was released only in Japan in October, 2004. The game made use of a cellphone camera as the Camera Obscura and required the players to find ghosts and fight them. The game has more than 70 spirits that can be collected,[6] including some from the first two games in the series. The game is compatible with several cellphone models, including Foma 900i.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the stuff for the real thing at Beyond the Camera's Lens (a big fansite for the Project Zero games) and it didn't look too exciting. I'm pleased the fourth will be on the Wii...it makes the most sense for the style of gameplay. Plus my Wii is faithful and hasn't self destructed yet.

Comment

Are we talking about Fatal Frame or Project Zero? I have to know which one to get :p

I love scary games. You know, I don't get scared. I just jump about a foot in the air when a scary bit comes up.

Three examples:

Licker coming through two-way mirror (RE2)
              Dogs coming through window (RE)
              T-Rex sticking it's fat head through upstairs window (Dino Crisis)

Each experience is accompanied by a big 'Oh shit!'

Comment

Are we talking about Fatal Frame or Project Zero?
                Same series, they just carry a different name for each region.
                Last edited by Carnivol; 12-17-2007, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Fatal Frame is the American name. Project Zero is the British name.

And, yes, since it involves ghost who enjoy hunting you like a dog, moaning and groaning and screaming as they try to rip the life from you, comming out of the walls, ceiling and floor with little to no warning...you have a few 'oh shit' moments. Plus they manage to pace it so it's not just a constant battle, but give you time to get scared helped by briefly seeing ghosts that aren't aggresive...yet.

Comment

Okaaaaaaaaayyy... I'm eBaying for it now.

Update: Can't find a PC version. Damn, that sucks.
                    Last edited by Helegad; 12-17-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      Okaaaaaaaaayyy... I'm eBaying for it now.

Update: Can't find a PC version. Damn, that sucks.
                      The game is breathtaking, I suggest you get all of them and start from 1 to 3, saddly, there is no PC versions, but the extra's make up for it!
                      As for Project Zero 4, It's so interesting to see a Wii PZ, we'll just have to wait!

P.S. Anyone seen the screens for Real: Zero? Supposedly, it's coming out here (UK, USA, Anywhere Else not Asia) 2008 or 2009. It's Project Zero for your mobile/cell phone, you use your camera to take everyday pictures, and ghosts appear in them! You also have to fight ghosts in the world while aiming at them with the camera! Look at Beyond The Camera's Lens, it has picture and info on it! I wish Japan would release it here ASAP!

EDIT: Oh, sorry, never seen the Real mentioned before, ya'll can ignore this if you want.
                      Last edited by Gradon; 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

http://www.cameraslens.com/realzero.php - The best I can do off the top of my head.

Comment

I recently read it's been confirmed that the 4th will be on the Wii and looks like it will be an exclusive.
                          I'm glad I own a Wii or I'd be seriously pissed off (having enjoyed the other 3 on ps2). I'm sure it would have been a better game had they stuck with the PS. Fatal Frames have always had some cutting edge graphics and I'm not convinced that the Wii will do it justice. Obviously they will be selling more on the Wii though, so the decision is understandable.
                          I hope there's nothing ridiculous like a 'shake to reload' camera or anything...
                          I also hope the adult style creepiness is retained and we don't get some kind of dumbed down kiddies game...

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            I also hope the adult style creepiness is retained and we don't get some kind of dumbed down kiddies game...
                            You can just imagine:
                            "Welcome to Bunny world! We're us bunny rules! Oh no, Princess Bunny Piper is gone! Quick! Use your camera to scare away the evil bunnies and rescue Bunny Piper!"

Okay, I don't know what the hell I just came up with! xD
                            Anyway, I wonder who the main character is, I feel like playing as Miku again, I think she's the best character. >_>

Comment

This is a fond favourite of mine when i'm not playing resi or silent hill. I've only ever played the 2nd and third and will deffo be getting the 4th when its out, and yes it has its moments of been totally freaky and disturbing take the woman falling down from the top of the screen on the 2nd one...how much that made me jump and the 3rd one when suddenly your own house becomes infested with ghosts put the shivers into me still does to this day >.<

Comment

Working...
                              X