Windows XP SP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP SP3

Unless you want your XP PC to run as if it were Vista, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.

Since I have made this stupid mistake, Windows XP now constantly uses 50% of my CPU as opposed to an Idle max of 2% on SP2. Other than that, Windows is now fucked and I am formatting just to get rid of it.

Again, DO NOT DOWNLOAD WINDOWS XP SP3! Everything mentioned here isn't even a 1/4 of the problems i've had since installing SP3. And for the record, I have no virus', etc.

Fuck MAC, to hell with Windows, i'm going back to Linux.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-17-2007, 11:32 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Sounds like a real Vista-esqe fuck-up. You know, people were really looking forward to SP3. Well, that's another dream shattered.
    Last edited by Helegad; 12-17-2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Christ, when did this release?

Comment

It hasn't been released to the general public yet, and is only availible to those in the MSDN.

This is a shame. First, we all have to deal with Vista and everything wrong with that OS, but now we all have to deal with Microsoft trying to make XP operate like Vista.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Such for these claims then.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Aahahahahaha, if only that were true. A 10% performance gain?! Yeah f- right.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I actually had a way to reproduce a similiar "issue" on all past incarnations of XP on my Dell laptop.

One of the two cores in a multi-core/hyper-threading capable computer for some reason goes at full while in idle (thus giving a 50%-ish constant activity)

That's what happens for you, right?

Anyway, it really sounds like a compatibility issue of some sort (software or hardware) and this is exactly why they do the public beta test periods. To make sure things like this doesn't get into the final public release.

Comment

Am I the only one who's Vista runs perfectly fine?

Comment

Working...
                X