Revisionist Wesker's Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisionist Wesker's Report

Yesterday I bought both the original Wesker's Report, and the Biohazard 10th anniversary / DMC 5th anniversary DVD. The anniversary DVD also includes a copy of Wesker's report, except it is slightly different from the original version. The only difference is that the last lines "Sherry is safe in our hands. I would never underestimate Birkin. There's something about this little girl" are missing.

I watched both versions through, to look for any other differences, but didn't notice any. A new retcon or a mistake in editing?

What do you think?
    sigpic

Which one came first? =P

They probably added it later.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

The original, so lines have been cut out deliberately, or simply edited incorrectly.
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm. It's interesting. But with the RE5 trailer (apparently) showing Sherry, i'd say it's just a lousy edit.

Then again, Capcom etc. Who knows?

Comment

With those lines removed in the 10 anniversary version, it sounds as if Sherry is no longer in Wesker's hands./or, never at all.
          Last edited by Evil_Rob; 12-22-2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I find it disturbing that Capcom still hasn't gotten a solid footing on consistency yet...

Comment

Damnit capcom! You've screwed us over for the last time!

*grabs katana and starts swimming to Japan*

Seriously, though, didn't the RE5 interview said it was somehow who was captured and never rescued (or something along those lines). Sherry was the only one to fit that description, so I don't think they retconned it out. It might be just an error.

Comment

And when was the last time that the plot for a RE game stayed even remotely the same? Capcom does tend to change them around an awful lot.

I agree though, it's most likely someone was half asleep when editing it and no one was sober enough to spot it. Capcom: Asleep or Drunk.

Comment

I think is a new retcon, the same thing that they do with Ada in UC.

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                    Seriously, though, didn't the RE5 interview said it was somehow who was captured and never rescued (or something along those lines). Sherry was the only one to fit that description, so I don't think they retconned it out. It might be just an error.
                    Unless Steve had a sex change anyway

Comment

I wouldn't assume it is a retcon until there is something else to back it up. It is such an obscure thing to change and expect people to catch that it would be ridiculous for them to believe that people would notice on a wide scale.

Comment

Working...
                      X