Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill V concept gallery

I came across an interesting bit of news on silenthill5.net
    It seems a forum member there found a site containing various concept art & renders of the monsters and characters found in the game. The site supposedly belongs to Kenzie Lamar, the Lead Character Artist, Character Modelling and Concept artist for SHV.
    Strangely enough, there's also a few renders of what looks like an older Travis. Wonder if he'll be in the game?

Links here:

The news
    Lamar's site

All I have to say: f*ck The Collective, I want Team Silent to make Silent Hill 5 :/. Those monsters are very non-SH; most of them would rather fit RE game because they look like mutated humans, not demons of some kind.
    A man with bandaged legs and a nailed board on his head? A centipede-woman that is covering her breasts (really, what's with this guy? First nurses with big boobies, now this, as my friend called it, "pack of lesbians having anal sex" o_O)? A worm-guy? No thanks. :/

This "older Travis" is probably Alex's father - all we know about him is that he is a hunter, and this Travis-like bearded character looks like (stereotypical) hunter.

BTW. Even though this is next-gen, in my opinion this Travis-character looks less realistic and less detailed than the characters Team Silent made in SH3 and 4. Just compare his face to Douglas' face:

:/
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 12-29-2007, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it's as if they're trying too hard to make this game scary. I'll give the game a chance when it comes out, though.

Even though this is next-gen, in my opinion this Travis-character looks less realistic and less detailed than the characters Team Silent made in SH3 and 4.
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Like i said before, the current state of Silent Hill is a bloody disgrace.

Comment

Me thinks some people at The Collective and Konami aren't going to be too happy these made their way online, especially in such HQ and with names attached.

I was wondering where the extras came from that weren't in the gallery, if you browse to http://www.kenzielouislamar.com/images you'll find butt loads more including the confirmation on who the Hunter is (if you haven't read all the names on the news post that is).

Comment

Meh, Ill take them for what they are. Concept, and test renders. I doubt they'd be putting this quality in the game, since everything we've seen in-game has looked fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
              Quoted for fucking truth.

Comment

Couldn't be any worse than the current state of the BioHazard series.

Yes, I still fucking hate BioHazard 4.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

God if Silent Hill went all "action" i think i'd have to kill someone

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                    Couldn't be any worse than the current state of the BioHazard series.

Yes, I still fucking hate BioHazard 4.

It's worse. Bad enough that Konami actually outsourced the project; they didn't even outsource Winning Eleven so that speaks volumes.

The chumps in charge are making the game "fun to play", which could possibly mean another RE4-influenced so-called horror game.

Comment

A man with bandaged legs and a nailed board on his head? A centipede-woman that is covering her breasts (really, what's with this guy? First nurses with big boobies, now this, as my friend called it, "pack of lesbians having anal sex" o_O)? A worm-guy?
                      And these are problems because...?
                      I have no idea what SH5 will be like but I don't see what the all the fuss is about with these concept art pics.
                      I'm still looking forward to the game and these pics havn't changed whether I think it's gonna be good or bad. I'll reserve my opinions till I see more of the actual game...

Comment

Working...
                      X