No announcement yet.

What version of Devil May Cry is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version of Devil May Cry is this?

Notice the different health bar I thought it looked kinda cool wonder why they changed it to just a boring green line anyone know what version it is beta, demo or a foreign release?, I know there's Devil May Cry demo out but I don't have it so I've got no way of checking.

I uploaded a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUl4vLd6eCo
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-03-2008, 07:09 AM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

looks like someone tried to take raziel's health bar and straighten it out >_>

Comment

Seems this build is from March 2001 and they changed it in August 2001, hmmm

sigpic

Comment

Japanese demo w/ CV Complete on PS2 IIRC.

If Umon was around he'd be able to confirm this for me, he musta played through that demo a lot from what I recall.

Comment

Yeah, that's the original Japanese demo that was included w/CV. Slower than the final game with very limited move set among other differences, including graphical ones.

Alastor was just called "Air", while Ifrit wasn't selectable but it seemed that they originally opted for a mere red "Fire" version of it as a second weapon.

The demo wasn't mission based either, so that lead me to think the final game is one long adventure. The US demo was based on the final Japanese version.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

sigpic

Comment

SLPM-65023 - NTSC-J
              SLED-50359 - PAL
              SLUS-29009 - NTSC-A

So it's only the jap demo that has the different health bar are SLED-50359 - PAL & SLUS-29009 - NTSC-A exactly the same then? the reason I ask is because this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TuWeCP7Uk of the PAL version has the normal health bar.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X