New interview with Masachika Kawata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interview with Masachika Kawata

Game Informer has posted a new interview with Resident Evil 4 Producer Masachika Kawata.

You can click below to go read it but the main points he makes are:

• He says again that it was very difficult in porting the game to PS2.

• Apparently one area in the game was changed since it was too difficult to port it over directly. He wouldnt reveal what area this is but more details will follow on this as the game is released.

• He confirms that there is a "movie browser" in which you can view the cutscenes in the game.

• In other to play Seperate Ways you must complete the main game first. Same thing with the PRL.

• They were going to add a chainsaw weapon but since Leon's character isnt a savage they scrapped the idea. The team thought it would be very out of character for Leon to go hacking and slashing enemies up.

• The team did consult with Mikami after formulating the basis for the "Seperate Ways" senario. Mikami agreed that it was a good idea and gave them the go ahead.

• Seperate ways only allows you to play as Ada. There are no cross overs where you play as Leon or alternate between characters.

• Ada's Seperate Ways contains around 20 minutes of new footage and will contain around 5 hours of play time.

• Some people who have played the Gamecube version feel that the PS2's controls are too loose. While others who havent played it said it was fine.

• They have announced pretty much everything that will be in the game already.

• The game will ship on one disc, most assuredly a DVD.

Click here to read the interview!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-18-2005, 01:28 PM.

Re: New interview with Masachika Kawata

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
  • They were going to add a chainsaw weapon but since Leon's character isnt a savage they scrapped the idea. The team thought it would be very out of character for Leon to go hacking and slashing enemies up.
Hahahahahahaha! Okay, but backflipping every four seconds to avoid an attack that a simple head movement would have successfully defended is completely within character for a person who last time we saw him, was Leon Kennedy, first-day-on-the-job cop. I guess they’re just leaving that “I received special training via Jackie Chan and John Woo” statement to explain all of his newfound matrix abilities.

Comment

no doubt. Seeing Leon perform his L33t n!nja skillz was jaw-dropping and entertaining as hell, but horribly out of place for a rookie cop. So next time I have to dodge bullets or lasers or do backflips, I need only remember one importan thing: always be ready to press L+R or A+B. And I'll be fine.

Comment

• Working...
      X