Heath Ledger Found Dead in NY apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Ledger Found Dead in NY apartment

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Just came on breaking news, no BS.

Damn drugs...they said in news that it was heroin overdose.

Comment

No way of telling right now, they haven't had a medical examination, all thats going around is that he was found face down and Pills were scattered around his room, other programs are saying its accidental overdose.
      Won't know till the autopsy.

Comment

everybody's dying

Comment

damn...that really sucks, I liked him as an actor, except that one movie...

Comment

Sad.

but we really know who caused his death....

Comment

This sucks indeed, it struck as quite the shocking surprise to most of the THIA staff last night. It's sad to see such a things happen and it's even sadder to see it happen so shortly after another young actor (Brad Renfro) also passes away.

Originally posted by CNN
              Ledger was found naked and unresponsive, facedown on the floor at the foot of his bed by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

Browne later told reporters some prescription medications were found in the room, including sleeping pills.

But he stressed police have made no determination of the cause of Ledger's death -- that would be done by the medical examiner.

He said the pills were not "scattered about."
              Seems like the info on the origin of the pills are still mixed (prescription/non-prescription)

Comment

I heard they were sleeping pills. Haven't heard heroin overdose though! I've heard all kinds of versions, i'll just wait for something "official". It's a bit of a shock though, he was a great actor (and i cried at that "one movie" Stars )

Comment

This is fucking bullshit.

Anyone who knows me in real life will tell that I love to push the limits. I take everything to the max, from work to play, and i'm all for it and anyone else that enjoys it as much as I do. But when I hear of someone pushing their limits like this, it makes me both sad and very irate. What a very selfish thing to do, even if you are unknowing of the ultimate price you'll pay...

I wonder if HollyWood will still release the new Batman movie? If not, atleast we were lucky enough to get what we did (Moster's Ball, A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, etc.).

From one extremist to another, R.I.P.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It's sad to see this, just after he finshed (what looks to be) a gd batman film. I didn't know bard really but i knew ledger and he wasn't a bad actor at all. When i watch the new batman it'll be sad to see the joker and know that he's gone. My heart goes out to his family, especialy his daughter Maltida.

Comment

Details are still sketchy.

But he did finish The Dark Knight, and was filming another movie before he died.
                      It'll probably be released on time as expected as the movies in post production.

Comment

yeah on g.m.t.v (a news channel in the uk) said it'll be out for june/july in the uk.

Comment

Lol, I am from London mate :p.
                          I know what GMTV is, but good to know, I get up at 9am so I miss it.

Comment

His involved with The Dark Knight was "done" (He finished all his stuff to be able to go on to his next project).
                            He was busy working with Terry Gilliam on a movie at the moment. (Wonder what will happen to that one now, if it'll get canned, if it'll get scenes redone or if they'll pull a Brandon Lee)

As for the reason for his death...
                            He apparently suffered from insomnia as a result of The Dark Knight (But also supposedly several times stated that The Dark Knight was the most fun he'd ever had while working on a movie).

Could be an accidental OD on sleeping pills, allergic reaction or a side effect caused by mixed medications.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                              I heard they were sleeping pills. Haven't heard heroin overdose though! I've heard all kinds of versions, i'll just wait for something "official". It's a bit of a shock though, he was a great actor (and i cried at that "one movie" Stars )
                              oh you did eh? I never watched the movie if that makes you feel better, so that way I can't critisize to much.

Comment

Working...
                              X