PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 (Demo & Discussion)

James
01-24-2008, 05:48 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/jarosh-gaf/dmc4g.gif
The demo is now available for Xbox 360 owners via Xbox Live. The PSN demo is expected to arrive within the next 24 hours.
__________________________________________________ __

Release Dates:-
Japan
Xbox Live -> 24th January, 2008 (Gold Member Exclusivity)
PSN Store -> 24th January, 2008

North America / US
PSN Store -> 24th January, 2008

Europe
PSN Store -> 31st January, 2008

Note: As with most demos on Xbox Live, they will ONLY be available to Gold Xbox Live Subscribers for about a week or two. It is safe to assume it is the same for this demo. PSN users can enjoy no restrictions when downloading the demo.

Controls: -
http://i30.tinypic.com/2z7g979.jpg
Controls for Xbox 360 are pretty similar, though I don't have a controller map available. Sorry!

Demo Content (Dante is NOT playable)
Mission: EXTERMINATION
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/41191420061103_155905_2_big.jpg
- This is clearly a snippet of one of the missions in the game
- Time Limit: 10 Minutes
- Completion of this mission (crossing the drawbridge) takes you to the beginning of the EXECUTION mission.

Mission: EXECUTION Phase 1
http://i26.tinypic.com/2ljq2dh.jpg
- No time limits.
- Features the classic DMC1 enemy - Frost.

Mission: EXECUTION Phase 2
http://i26.tinypic.com/mr6xhu.jpg
- Closes the demo
- Occurs at the end of the ice levels.

rewak
01-24-2008, 05:54 AM
How many uses of bullet time will make it into this installment of the rapidly failing series? Still, least it looks good

James
01-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Failing? DMC3 was the best of the series, it was the fastest and biggest in terms of content. How can you say it's failing?

rewak
01-24-2008, 06:42 AM
I went into it all in another thread, but basically it's just all getting real old real fast and they're running out of ideas on how to keep it going fast, and it shows. It's all just the same thing, only differences between DMC1 and DMC3 (DMC2 is just plain crap) are the fact Dante is younger, has an attitude, has a long lost brother (cheesiest/most over used storyline ever), and bullet time is used to death. It's the same game.

The Dude
01-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Can we can the fanboy arguements and leave them for that other thread then?
I'd rather talk about the demo, I just downloaded it for the 360.

While I can't talk about the PS3 demo, the 360 one is pretty tight with exception to the Joypad layout.
Its pretty difficult to use the shoulder buttons for Nero's grim grip *pressing the RB Button and B at the same time, it would have been nicer to map the lock on button to the right trigger*

With exception to that and the feeling that the joypad isn't exactly right for the game, the 360 demo keeps a solid 60fps *with exception to cutscenes which aren't ingame*

Edit: As far as Xbox goes control wise, its pretty similar, with RB being lock on and the back button being taunt.

Really digging the sword rev moves.

2nd edit: The demo was about 650mb.

James
01-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Okay! Just finished having my first play with the demo. It's very good - though you start off without a few of the Devil Bringer's abilities.

You can choose between either EXTERMINATION (Section 01 in my guide above) or EXECUTION (Section 02 and Section 03). So basically, they're selectable.

First of all, the graphics are amazing. I can't get over how the game is constantly running at an extremely fluid and beautiful 60fps constantly, even during the Berial boss fight. Fortuna and the ice areas all look amazing! I'm blown away by the quality of the game - I knew it'd be good, but not this good!

Nero himself is alright to control, though in the heat of battle and trying to obtain SSS ranks, I can't see myself using the charge function of the Red Queen sword much, as it doesn't feel fluid enough (but that's just me I guess). You can't perform a charge while attacking, you can move, but no attacking. Using an "exceeded" blow on an enemy does LOOK cool too, and also comes in handy when battling the Frosts in EXECUTION.

The Devil Bringer certainly mixes things up alot. It allows you to essentially chain together a larger amount of combos due to the ability to pull enemies towards you as well as the ability to throw them around a bit. I'm sure there are more features and abilities that are unlocked as time goes by, but for now, that's it. You can throw, pull or use the Devil Bringer as a grappling hook in the demo.

Definitely an awesome demo to put out - I'm extremely happy and I will be practicing until the final game comes out.

My only concern - switching over to Dante without the Devil Bringer may feel like a step backwards when the time finally comes, though I guess I'll have to wait and find out. Lastly, the Right Bumper being used for Lock-on does NOT feel right.

Mr_Zombie
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
has a long lost brother (cheesiest/most over used storyline ever)

Yes, and there never was a long lost brother in DMC1 -.-

DMC2 was failure, but DMC3 was a great game, and the bullet-time and all those over-the-top scenes suited the style of the game. You don't like it, ok, but please don't say that the series is rapidly failing.

The Dude
01-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Exactly, hopefully there's a control menu to change buttons, thats the only button I have gripes with atm.

I actually am enjoying using Nero more then Dante just from playing that demo *and comparing Dante to his DMC3 incarnation*
The Devil Bringer and snatch make it really easy to beef up combos till SSS, although I haven't had much joy tying in Charge moves to combos yet.

Umon Daisuke
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
First impressions not so good, maybe it'll get better with the final game. Nero's just about okay, but the pacing and the speed is back to pre-turbo DMC3 so it's hard to get used to a slower game. It's quite easy so far too, which is my main gripe.

Dot, where are your comparison pics?

Carnivol
01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
He'll probably post them later today here, once he's got a good pile.

So far, the 360 version seems to be the visual winner.
(Higher res textures, cleaner image)

Controls for Xbox 360 are pretty similar, though I don't have a controller map available. Sorry!

If you've got an XSATA or any other way to access your 360 HDD, I'm almost certain the controller image (if present in the demo) is a .PNG file stored somewhere inside the demo package.

Umon Daisuke
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Saw few of Dot's comparison pics. Slightly sharper textures on 360 up close, but the lighting is better on PS3. They wildly varied, but it seems to be a wash overall, which is a good thing.

You can upscale the game to 1080p on 360, which should cover up the aliasing better.

James
01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Dot has a few shots over at GAF, but there's no love for THIA =P

But yeah, I understand the gripes with it being a little slower. I'm getting both versions, mainly cos I want the best of both worlds with the two separate editions of the collector's editions.

Unfortunately, I don't have an XSATA device either - but thanks anyway for the help Carn.

Did anyone else fear that once you switch over to Dante, you won't have as much freedom due to a lack of Devil Bringer? Though I suppose Trickster could kind of substitute.

Are there spoiler codes for THIA? I've got some DMC4 spoilers, but I'll only post em if people are interested (DMC was never good for story anyway =p)

Umon Daisuke
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Honestly, I don't like Nero so no worries for me. I need to spend some more time to get adjusted to him, but the difficulty is certainly easier than usual (I was told it's set on easy).

Looking forward to style switching with Dante for sure.

Dot50Cal
01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Overall I gotta say the PS3 version is better here. After speaking with some of the Beyond3D guys they found out why the comparisons I was doing were making the 360 one look better. Both versions are 2x MSAA 720p, and have the same textures.

360:
+/- Has a negative LOD Bias which makes all textures sharp and crisp, though this makes far away textures look very oversharpened and the "shimmering" effect.

-30 FPS Cutscenes
PS3:
+/- Has a blur effect for fast camera movement, can sometimes make textures appear lower resolution in still shots.

+60 FPS Cutscenes (framerate varies from 30-60)
+Has Temporal AA
+Better Ice shaders

Gif of the framerate difference in cutscenes:
http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gaf/dmc4/dmc4small.gif

The Dude
01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I can only hope the cutscenes are 60fps in the final build due to it being on disc rather and that the reason for the 30fps in the 360 build *and Ps3* were due to Compression.

Umon Daisuke
01-25-2008, 05:50 PM
They're doing much more complex stuff in the cutscenes (higher poly models, self shadowing etc), so it really doesn't matter as long the game is rock solid 60Hz. One version is going to change there, and going by the inconsistency, it's likely that they'll lock the PS3 one at 30Hz.

After spending some time with the demo today, my opinion changed a bit for the better. Standard fights are still tame, but the Berial fight is well done. Had some deja vu moments (RE4 gigante fight, right down to the stage design.

EDIT:

You can actually pan the camera with the right stick in the cutscenes, and zoom in using R2.

Skunky
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I got the demo the other day from the Japan PSN store (it was the only PSN store that had it at the time but there's no translations needed).
I'm impressed!
It's the 1st demo for quite a while that's made me go "WOW! o_o ".
The visuals are an amazing quality. I was studying my 1080p screen expecting to see at least a tiny seem or tear amongst all the incredible detail but there are none. The snow level was nothing special (I think every game includes a snow/ice level as a lazy way to save time in development :lol: ) but the streets, building interiors, wharf, and that big Berial dude looked stunning.
I think it's gonna be a VERY sweet looking game!
It seems to basically have the same gameplay of the earlier games. Fast, furious and fun, juggling, shooting and smashing of multiple enemies. I had fun messing around with different combos and ways of killing them and I'm sure there will be lots more you can do in the full game too.
No controller issues for me, it's perfect.
I was pretty sure I was gonna buy it but now I'm certain I will.

FeurMensch
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I downloaded the demo 2 days ago on xbox live and it looks better than most xbox360 games. It is an awesome game and feels just like DMC3. Zombie_X pre-ordered it and I can't wait!

Stars_g36
01-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Nero is Dante's brother right?

rewak
01-27-2008, 05:14 AM
It's Dante but not really Dante cause Dante is old so it's just some twin of Dante when he was younger.....Dante

Rombie
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
*me too*

Sorry, just wanted to say something but everyone else has already said anything I could say about this demo so I'm just saying this.

Actually I have one other thing to say, for some odd reason games are slipping dates here. EA couldn't get enough copies of Burnout here so the release got delayed a week or so till Friday the 1st of Feb here. And now apparently Capcom Europe won't get copies to Australia and NZ of DMC4 until late Feb.

POOS.

James
01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Nero is Dante's brother right?
Half brother. His father is Sparda, the same as Dante's, though they have different mothers. This explains Nero's demonic power and his likeness to Dante and Vergil.

The Dude
01-27-2008, 08:07 AM
EDIT: *What Nemesis said above is actually correct according to leaked info, but I haven't seen anyone confirm it*

rewak
01-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Does anyone actually care about plot lines anymore?

The Dude
01-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Actually, yeah I do care about plotlines, its usually one of the main reasons I play a game in the first place.

Darkmoon
01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Ditto. If the plot sucks or doesn't exist I don't play. See Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Umon Daisuke
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Half brother. His father is Sparda, the same as Dante's, though they have different mothers. This explains Nero's demonic power and his likeness to Dante and Vergil.

I think everyone knew that. The story is too predictable all things considered.

I can narrow it down to two games with plotlines that I care about: Silent Hill and Shenmue.

If a game has an iffy story but the gameplay is good, it's a pass for me. MGS2 comes to mind (I've in fact skipped cutscenes the first time around because of their length). Fighters and action need not apply; they have pron quality depth and there for the sake of having a story.

Darkmoon
01-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Not always true. I, personally, enjoy the backstory to Soul Calibre and Mortal Kombat...bar Armageddon. That one annoyed because, unlike the previous games, it didn't bother resolving anything. And as for action...uhhh...BioShock? I do enjoy the story there.

rewak
01-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Well see this is my point, is there a story here? Just more family ties that make no sense, and that's kinda it. They've just thrown plot out the window and gone for action and bullet time, if they played all the cutscenes at the proper speed they would be over in 5 minutes. And the gameplay is just the same old stuff (no shock there)

Umon Daisuke
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Not always true.

It is for me actually, and I didn't say it was the case with everyone else :p

SinValentine
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
i don't like how quiet nero is :/ but i guess he had to be different from dante. i was fighting berial and my ten minutes were up... i guess i'm at a slow pace, i bet you guys got farther?

what happens after fighting berial?

by the way i always thought nero was vergil :/ for some reason i thought in devil may cry 1 nero angelo was dante's brother so wouldn't it make him vergil? i must've missed something because was it ever mentioned in a game that there was another brother?

The Dude
02-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Berial is the last fight on the Demo.
I can usually beat him with just over or under 3mins to go but i've only really played the 360 demo 6 or 7 times.

After fighting him you get a cutscene and thats it, if you can't beat him in time choose the 2nd mission in the demo, lets you play the 2nd half of the 10min demo minus the time limit.

Also, from every cutscene i've seen so far *minus the stuff in the demo*, Nero has just as big a mouth and attitude problem as Dante does.

SeiyaKou
02-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Vergil(Dante's brother) actually IS Nero Angelo(the dark knight from DMC1). DMC4's Nero is just named that way and has nothing to do with Vergil/Nero Angelo, in fact we don't know much about him from official news and the fact that he's a son of Sparda is just a speculation.

SinValentine
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
ah i see, thanks for clearing that up for me lol

Gradon
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Just bought the game today; just defeated Dante, I say, Dante is very quiet in this game.

The Dude
02-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Not really, once you get him playable he never shuts up in cutscenes.

Im on level 19 *I got the game on Wednesday 2 days before UK release* but i've been too busy to finish it, might to so later.

News Bot
02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the story. Aside from that, the game itself was alright. Didn't feel much different from DMC3, even with the Devil Bringer.

The Dude
02-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I thought the story was pretty decent, I didn't have any problems with it bar one inconsistency being Yamato being the key to unlocking the demon world, when it was previously force Edge, so it was definitley a MacGuffin/ploy to bring the sword and any Vergil references back in some way/shape/form.

Still have to bother with the Special Ending though, probably do it tomorrow.

EDIT: Got bored, got the special ending, pretty funny but no revelations.

Umon Daisuke
02-11-2008, 02:44 AM
If this in any way helps to make more "sense", Yamato was Sparda's sword in DMC1 but it had the properties of the force edge. In devil trigger, it turned into the "Sparda" sword.

As for the game itself, I felt that DMC3 was a more polished effort. The backtracking gave RE Zero a run for its money, and they needed to have more variety with the boss fights.

It had the aesthetic charm of the original, but that one remains the most polished and balanced out of the three games. Still has the best soundtrack too.

randomwab
02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I was pretty disappointed with the story. Aside from that, the game itself was alright. Didn't feel much different from DMC3, even with the Devil Bringer.

This. I also don't know how I feel about the amount of recycling. I mean..

half of the fucking game? Really Capcom? REALLY?!

I've just got to the second Dante mission and i'm burned out. I have no will to play it any further. Fucking meh.

Also, CiarenDevlin am from Belfast? I am from Belfast. zoooooooohhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyggggggggggoooo oooooooddddddddddddd!!!!1

The Dude
02-11-2008, 08:08 PM
To be honest the repetition didn't bother me so much.
I don't see why its getting to so many people, I really dig the multiple style combat with dante and the faster paced style of his missions *either that or I run around like a hooligan with a sword fighting to get S ranks from everything in sight*.
The cutscenes during and inbetween missions padded things out for his missions.
If anything the slower paced missions of nero's frustrated me a bit.

Skunky
02-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Hmmm, I see some mixed views...
I'm working 10 nightshifts in a row (how's that for repetition?)
I'll be getting it next week when I've got some time to play it.

Rick Hunter
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Got only one thing to say... This game is good. But no new devil my cry will ever be as good as the first one was. They just don't understand what made it so good.

It's sad.

Umon Daisuke
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
The often costly, but great, Kamiya touch. The first game remains the most balanced out of the (good) three and has the best character designs.

The third game's flaws were in the aesthetics, and the abundance "punching bag" enemies. The combat system was better though.

DMC4 tried meshing the best of both DMC and DMC3, but almost everything past mission 14 seems patched up. Dante's parts seemed like an afterthought to me.

So I'd have to say that DMC and DMC3 remain my favorites. The first one's balance (and good ranking system) and the third's depth coupled with their great boss fights remain untouched. Ueda's killer soundtrack is not too shabby in the first either.

Gradon
02-15-2008, 06:32 AM
The music in Devil May Cry 4 seem awesome, I've never thought of games soundtracks before because I was never interested much in the music (Except RE, I love the opera music they put in.), but Devil May Cry is like a game with intense music! When the soundtracks out, I'll be sure to buy it. ;P

Umon Daisuke
02-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Let's see if they do that (aside from the DVD that's already out). The first and 2nd games didn't have an OST release until a petition was made in Japan, and they were printed in limited quantities in 2004. The DMC3 OST saw a limited release as well, though it was on time.

I managed to get the first two games' (DMC2's music was pretty good), but missed on the third one. You'll probably find pirated copies on eBay nowadays.

Here's an uncompressed "sample" of Lock & Load with the Fetish cutscene:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B9E88E81477329BC

randomwab
02-18-2008, 04:17 AM
There's a soundtrack coming later this month, the 27th I believe. Like Devil May Cry 3's soundtrack, it is 3 discs with around 90-100 tracks. I'm not too sure on how many will be printed so if they sell out quick, it could be hard to find a copy.

As for the older soundtracks, it's easy to find a legit copy of the Devil May Cry 2 or Devil May Cry 3 soundtracks on eBay. Devil May Cry 1's soundtrack seems to be harder to find though.

It kind of annoyed me that they decided to stick with one main battle theme for each main character. The songs are find, it's just they began to annoy me after the 50th time. They're release a soundtrack with close to 100 tracks and they couldn't put a few different battle themes in for regular enemies? I felt the same way about Devil May Cry 3 and Crisis Core though, so meh.

rewak
03-08-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/3001-Zero-Punctuation-Devil-May-Cry-4

I'm glad someone gets it

Umon Daisuke
03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/3001-Zero-Punctuation-Devil-May-Cry-4

I'm glad someone gets it

I sure do. It's been a week since I've heard of this guy, and this is the second time I've had the pleasure of hearing his reviews. The condescending humour is very informative and insightful, so hats off to him.

Of course I'm being sarcastic, and what I do get is the guy is a total dick who made a career out of pseudo journalism with poor humour. Unsurprisingly he has fans.

Reminds me how DOA fans used the "well he's saying the truth" line when Itagaki spoke "his mind" (Hitler also spoke his mind).

rewak
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't really know how to come back at a comment comparing a reviewer with Nazi-ism

Mr_Zombie
03-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Unsurprisingly he has fans.

Well, I am one of his fans; but not because of his journalism, but his games (yes, he's a game creator too). CHZO quadrology FTW :).

Umon Daisuke
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
^ Which is nowhere near the caliber of any of the game he heavily criticizes and mocks. There are flaws with the pacing of the game, and the amount of recycling. Story and puzzles are irrelevant in this genre, then there is the mocking the combat system itself (it's solid but can be replicated with a bug fight). Whether his reviews are genuine or deliberately bad to attract attention, he's a dick in my book :p

I don't really know how to come back at a comment comparing a reviewer with Nazi-ism

I bet, because it wasn't a comparison (it's spelled Nazism). Everyone is a critic, and when someone starts dribbling nonsense like Itagaki or this fellow, you'll hear someone say "he's speaking his mind". Not an admirable trait in every context, which was my point, hence the Hitler reference (who spoke his mind and had "fans").

Could I have worded it differently? Yup, but I struck gold once when someone said that they liked Itagaki but not his games because he spoke his mind, which is something Hitler did. Not that Itagaki an anti-semitic lunatic bent on world domination.

News Bot
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Yahtzee is fucking brilliant.

On that note, perhaps you should watch his other reviews. He even states why he barely ever praises a game: Nobody likes it when he does. Don't base your opinion on ignorance.

Especially not when he's 100% correct. =p

^ Which is nowhere near the caliber of any of the game he heavily criticizes and mocks.

There is a difference between a hobby and having a dedicated team of over 50 staff members who get paid.

Umon Daisuke
03-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not basing my opinion on this one game review (which I'm not exactly a huge fan of), and you missed this part of my 2nd post:

Whether his reviews are genuine or deliberately bad to attract attention..

So there you have it. Two reviews, and I didn't find the reviews informative or funny. If you went by his review of Uncharted, you'd think it's a QTE fest like the Shenmue fight sequences. If you and his other fans find him funny and correct on all counts, then that's fine. Won't change my opinion of him, so if anyone else is itching to tell me how "fucking brilliant" he is, save it.

I don't quite get the genius humour of saying that a game is made for the KKK since the protagonist is white and shoots all races but white (which isn't true for Uncharted).

There is a difference between a hobby and having a dedicated team of over 50 staff members who get paid.

Your point being? Doesn't void my statement at all, and it (my statement) doesn't make him a professional game developer either. There are a lot of hobbyists out there.

News Bot
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
and doesn't make him a professional game developer either.

That was my point.

Quite frankly you just have no idea what you're talking about. =p

you'd think it's a QTE fest like the Shenmue fight sequences

This comment alone just shows how utterly ignorant you are here. =p

Umon Daisuke
03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
That was my point.

Quite frankly you just have no idea what you're talking about. =p

One would've thought the mere statement that his games aren't of the same caliber as the games he reviews would essentially have the same meaning. You jumped in and pointed out the obvious that there is a difference between a photoshop made game and a proper one. I never said he's a game developer nor did I put him on par with professionals.

If you somehow got a different idea from that, I can't help that. With that said, the "you don't know what you're talking about" ender fits nicely.

This comment alone just shows how utterly ignorant you are here. =p

Now I remember why I don't post on GameFaqs anymore. Make one incomplete sentence or thought, and some smart ass waltzes in. I do know what Shenmue has a realtime battle system as well as QTE's for both fights and other sequences, oh knowledgeable one. Give yourself a hand.

Rombie
03-09-2008, 06:43 AM
I thought he was funny the first time I heard him - but on the same level of why I enjoyed Borat only once and any repeat showing of the movie basically proved it wasn't funny anymore. In short the guy is a one trick pony and the joke is old already.

News Bot
03-09-2008, 08:20 AM
nor did I put him on par with professionals.

I didn't say you did. ;) I simply pointed out the hypocrisy in comparing an amateur game designer to a full blown, full-time team of game designers.

Now I remember why I don't post on GameFaqs anymore. Make one incomplete sentence or thought, and some smart ass waltzes in. I do know what Shenmue has a realtime battle system as well as QTE's for both fights and other sequences, oh knowledgeable one. Give yourself a hand.

Yes. But you obviously didn't take the time to watch his review if you state that he makes it out to be a QTE "fest". Seeing as he takes the time to appear in person to state that there are only three or four QTE's in the entire game. He wasn't even complaining about QTE's in general, he was complaining at the fact that having three or four is ridiculous, because it basically means you will never be ready for them. That, sir, is ignorance. Give yourself a hand.

If you're going to bitch about something, atleast take the time to build up a valid argument. =p

Dot50Cal
03-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Please stop the condescending tone guys. Theres no need for that. We're all going to have different opinions, lets just try to state them in a hospitable manner.

Umon Daisuke
03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I didn't say you did. ;) I simply pointed out the hypocrisy in comparing an amateur game designer to a full blown, full-time team of game designers.

I'd agree if it were a comparison and if there was a hint of hypocrisy that matched the word's definition. Neither of which are present. I simply said his games aren't in the same caliber as professionally made games. The statement was very simple and true.

Sense some irony here?

Seeing as he takes the time to appear in person to state that there are only three or four QTE's in the entire game. He wasn't even complaining about QTE's in general, he was complaining at the fact that having three or four is ridiculous, because it basically means you will never be ready for them. That, sir, is ignorance. Give yourself a hand.

If you're going to bitch about something, atleast take the time to build up a valid argument. =P

Oh THAT'S bugging you and made me ignorant. I didn't realize that I had to go over the review that I heard a week ago, and pick on it in complete accuracy to state once again that I'm not a fan of the guy. You completely missed the part that I simply said that regardless of the delivery of the reviews, I don't like the guy. How is it your problem? or is being a fan of the guy requires one to be a dick? If so, you did a good job with few sentences.

Even the complaint now that you state it is utter bullshit considering how slow the QTE's really are. But if accuracy is the issue you're picking on, the DMC4 should mention the recycling and backtracking, so my point stands.

I have to make an argument to merely state my own opinion? Pure genius. I'm done and flushed here, so carry on some more if you like.

Looks familiar, doesn't it Rob? :p

Dot, I don't think I was out of line for saying that I don't like the guy since it's my own opinion. I didn't jump in and call someone ironically ignorant and a hypocrite for stating a personal opinion with provided reasons (that may not be completely satisfactory since this is rocket science).

Dot50Cal
03-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Well no, but the "Give yourself a hand." that you both did was just not required. I'm all for having debates, but please do it in a civil manner.

News Bot
03-09-2008, 12:38 PM
The "Give yourself a hand" was added on my behalf just to humour him. But sorry, Dot.

I have to make an argument to merely state my own opinion?

Well you can't exactly say "he's a dick", give no reasoning besides false claims to things you apparently don't care about, yet feel the need to criticise anyway, and not still expect someone to challenge you on it.

I simply said his games aren't in the same caliber as professionally made games.

That is what I'm referring to.

Great job on the flaming, too.

Either way, I much more enjoyed his The Witcher review to the DMC4 review. Partially because it's not as funny when you already know what the issues are.

Umon Daisuke
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Well you can't exactly say "he's a dick", give no reasoning besides false claims to things you apparently don't care about, yet feel the need to criticise anyway, and not still expect someone to challenge you on it.

The QTE point which made the basis of my false claims was just one point. I did say the reviews weren't very informative (if you're going to trash something, pick on the real flaws like backtracking in DMC4 etc, but shooting all races but white.. stupid comment, and puzzles?). His humour is condescending and not funny. The KKK game bit comes to mind right now. The type of humour itself with the context of reviews makes him a dick in my book. I didn't use the reasoning in the same paragraph, but in later posts which made a point for my dislike. I guess that's something to pick on if this was an essay.

Talk about hypcrisy here... I said I'm done, and I posted again :p The word dumbass is due here. Anyway, off to work.

News Bot
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
His humour is condescending and not funny.

Then you obviously just don't have an applicable sense of humour. You can't expect it to cater to everyone's tastes. You don't call someone a dick just because their (and many other people's) idea of humour clashes with your own.

Umon Daisuke
03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Then you obviously just don't have an applicable sense of humour. You can't expect it to cater to everyone's tastes. You don't call someone a dick just because their (and many other people's) idea of humour clashes with your own.

I can and I did; it's a matter of difference of opinion. There are no guidelines and no definition of what the word means when used to describe a person.

The condascending sense of humour and arrogant tone fits that bill for me. Hell, you can call me that for the words exchanged in this topic and it's likely true :p