Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens v.s Predator (AVP)

Hey
    i just wanted to take a break from talking about Resident Evil etc and thought of starting a Alien and Predator thread. I just wanted to know what other members think of the AVP movies, and also just the Alien legacy or the two Predator films. Also do you collect the comics, games, figures or other random items.
    I've been into the predator and alien movies since i was a kid, i got into them when my brother used to watch them. The first alien film was Aliens, and the first predator film that i saw was Predator 2, a bit weird getting into both series, by watching the 2nd film but meh.
    Out of the two i prefer Predator, as i prefer his style and love everythigng them such as the weapons, looks and way of life. My fav predator film is the first, as i prefer the predator in that film, but only because he has a better mask.
    The Alien films are diffrent to predator, as i beleive they can be found more scary and darker. This is what i like about them, because this is what it would be like in real life, being scared of an Alien etc, where in Predator the actors aren't that fussed really.
    I have a few comics to do with both aliens and predator, but as i'm not a comic kinda guy i haven't got into the many stories that have been written. I collect some of the figures, and have recently bought the predalien.
    When it comes to the games, i've played everything to do with the name alien and predator, my fav game out of them is Aliens vs Predator 2 on the p.c. This is because the storyline for single player mode is excellent. Playing this game made me fall in love with the design for the predalien, and when i found out he was going to be in the next avp movie offically, i was happy.
    Ok sorry to bore you all with my life story but i thought i'll get out to you lot on what i like bout these two aliens, and would love to hear from you.

i actually quiet enjoyed the second AvP movie (but i guess thats mainly because im a HUGE fan of the predator franchise, a lot more so then the Aliens franchise, and enjoyed watching the super predator make mince meat out of the aliens).

Comment

I think it's a pretty cool franchise (AvP).
      I've never got the comics or novels or anything but I've always thought it all just seems 'cool'
      The original Predator movie was an awesome classic. I like all the Alien films but liked the first one most. The AvP movie was okay. It had some great moments and scenes. I look forward to seeing the 2nd one.
      As for the games... hmmm, let me think.
      Alien Trilogy, ps1 classic (for its time)
      Alien Resurrection, another ps1 FPS. Made much later and actually really good.
      Predator Concrete Jungle, ps2. Patchy overall but has some great elements in it.
      AvsP Extinction. ps2, Command and Conquer style game. I've never really played it much.

Comment

i cant wait to see AVP 2...wasnt able to see it in theaters though...

Comment

I'm a pretty big fan of Alien. Such a great film. You're terrified for most of the film, and have barely seen the creature. Giger's art direction is just phenomenal. Some of his other pieces are great (The babies in the gun, I think it's called Homunculs). Very creepy fellow to look at too. I saw a book with pictures of his house and things like that. He's got furniture designed off the alien (or biomechanoid or something. I forget what he calls it). I'd seen it on video dozens of times but when they put it in cinemas for the 20th anniversary, I had to go experience it. When that facehugger squeals and leaps at Cain, the whole cinema jumped about a foot. And most of us knew it were coming.

Aliens is my favorite movie ever. I love the Queen. Was such a great place to take the story. She's such a special effects masterpiece too. I love how you think it's over, and then she re-emerged for the finale. I've got a few of the palisades busts, and the old Halcyon model of the Queen (which was VERY expensive, but I haven't made her up yet, after about 4 years). I got a bootleg copy of the 1:1 Halcyon facehugger kit, which is an awesome model.

Alien 3 and Alien Resurection are terrible movies. As a kid I wanted to watch them all, but mum wouldn't let me. So dad went and rented them and we watched them while mum was at work. Zing!

Predator I'm not so keen on. It's ok, but I like my characters to have vulnerabilites. Predator just seems to invulnerable for my liking, although he is ultimately defeated. The opening to Predator 2 is hillarious but. That vision of Los Angeles (which was meant to be in like 1996 or something) makes me laugh to this day.

As for the crossover, the first film I didn't like. Paul W Anderson (who we can thank for writing and directing the Resident Evil film, as well as writing apocalypse if memory serves) wrote it, so I really wasn't expecting too much.

I haven't seen the second, although might when it releases on DVD.

I haven't played the old sidescroller, but I have heard it's GREAT.
          I always wanted an Atari Jaguar to play Alien Vs Predator. Maybe I'll ebay one one of these days.
          I didn't play AVP1 on PC, but played and loved every second of #2. I'm a real sucker for inter-twining stories, which is probably why RE2 is my favorite resident evil game. Infact the similarites between RE2 and Aliens also probably has alot to do with it (but I won't discuss those here). AVP2 also really stayed within the established universe too, which was a great homage to fans.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Predator, he is the most badass alien in movies.And the Aliens franchise is one of my favorites.
            The first AVP was bad IMO, the only thing i liked was the Aliens fighting.
            The 2nd AVP was better then the first one, but still, it lacks something i don't know, better fights or better history maybe.
            I'm still waiting for an AVP movie places in the future time of the Aliens films

Comment

i really hope avp 3 is based in the wayyyyy future, where we might see a old ripley that would get killed off, dam seeing dutch from predator 1 as an old leader would be sweet . Aliens was amazing, the story, the cast, everything. Alien 3 didn't get really gd reviews by fans but i really liked it, it reminded me of alien, where they're all stuck in one place with an alien tracking them down.
              The statue i want of aliens, is the huge queen statue that is like 18inc - 22inc i think.

Comment

Working...
              X