Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Anyone else really excited about the new Smash Brothers? I was a big fan of the other two. Young Link FTW. The only reason I haven't sold off my GC is so I can use the controllers for SSB:B.

Obviously the game is now out in Japan, so the roster has leaked. All sounds pretty awesome.

http://kotaku.com/351377/why-is-there-no-capcom-in-super-smash-bros-brawl is quite an interesting story too.
    sigpic

I have had this preordered since 11/11/2006.
    I have waited...and waited...I guess it's okay, since in 2006 not much was shown, but the point is, it's now released in Japan, 4 months later in USA, and what? 12 Months in Europe, 14? It's the only problem I have with Nintendo, reminds me of Kingdom Hearts when they made us wait till September (I think) for number 2.
    Meh, apart from that I'm loving the fact there will be a map maker, I hope it's advanced though and not just some random blocks.
    The bad thing that I have is my Wii has problems, the internet just started being retarded and wouldn't connect.

Comment

Taking a look at some Japanese footage, it looks great. Too bad I don't have a Wii though.

Comment

I enjoyed the first SSB , i doubt i'm gonna play this one, since i don't have a Wii
        Anyways the lack of Spoiler:
        bothers me to no end, damn you Sakurai.
        At least Sonic, Samus and ZSS are there

Comment

My uni mate is getting it imported from japan and has invited me around to his house when he gets it can't wait for it to be out here i really can't its gonna rock \m/

Comment

Solid Snake to rule that game ;)
            i think us brits have to wait until aug now for it to come out
            oh well mario will keep me happy

Comment

Originally posted by Colicab View Post
              I enjoyed the first SSB , i doubt i'm gonna play this one, since i don't have a Wii
              Anyways the lack of Spoiler:
              bothers me to no end, damn you Sakurai.
              At least Sonic, Samus and ZSS are there
              Spoiler:

I love using shiek, bowser, luigi, and Samus
              Last edited by BLSR1; 02-12-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

This is probably one of my most anticipated games so far. I'm looking forward to at least trying out all the new characters before moving back to my regulars - unless the new characters prove to be more appealing.

I can see myself using Wolf a lot actually.

Comment

Supposedly, the latest Famitsu has an interview with the producer of the game and there's supposedly hinting/talk about the possibilities of DLC for the game. (Kinda expected this to happen, so it wouldn't surprise me if it comes.)

This game really is the game of forever. Some of the guys I work with imported it from Japan and they seem amazed by it in pretty much every single way.

Comment

Melee is still one of the best GC games. I wanna try out Pit.

Comment

Supposedly, the latest Famitsu has an interview with the producer of the game and there's supposedly hinting/talk about the possibilities of DLC for the game. (Kinda expected this to happen, so it wouldn't surprise me if it comes.)
                      I heard that there was simply a mistranslation, though I would openly welcome the addition.

As for that, to introduce a new character, wouldn't they have to program into the game specific hit zones for EACH character, if they were to be hit by this new character? Makes no sense now but I'm sure if I could write it properly it would =P.

Comment

IDTS

But I would LOVE DLC. It would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          I heard that there was simply a mistranslation, though I would openly welcome the addition.

As for that, to introduce a new character, wouldn't they have to program into the game specific hit zones for EACH character, if they were to be hit by this new character? Makes no sense now but I'm sure if I could write it properly it would =P.
                          I dunno, I don't keep too much of a track of random news like that.
                          Only see the headlines and not the follow ups.
                          (Try to avoid too much spoilers for certain things)

Anyway, DLC for a game like Smash Bros should be fairly doable in terms of design. Don't think any type of collision detection between specific parts on new and old characters would be a problem. Other games have proven to have no problem with adding content like that as long as the engine itself is built around the possibility of doing it.

Comment

DLC is an extreme possibility because characters like Spoiler:
                            HAVE been found on the disk, but in too small file sizes to be characters. so they could be placeholders or something like that

Comment

I'd hope they at least release a patch for parts of the game.
                              From what i've seen parts of the game are extremely glitchy.

Comment

Working...
                              X