Soul Calibur Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Calibur Series

Hey! Any fans of the amazing Soul Calibur series? The game is a fighting genre game, with customizable weapons, so you have a lot of effects with one character! There are loads of characters and my personal favorite being Tira, I can't wait to see her in Soul Calibur 4.
    If you're getting Soul Calibur 4, what version are you getting? PS3? X360?
    I would get the PS3 version for obvious reasons, and Darth Vaders gonna pwn!
    Anyone excited for the online play and a better character maker?

i'm not a massive fan of soul calibur prefer tekken for some reason, but i still like the games, only played the second one can't play the first one because my dreamcast is broke =_= and i've only played on the 3rd one for a few minutes but 2 owned \m/

Comment

Three is better than two if you ask me! =O
      I haven't played SoulCalibur on DreamCast since I don't own one.
      But I own SoulEdge/Soul Blade for PS1. (The REAL FIRST in the series.)

Comment

Soul Blade be a rarity nowadays there's so many titles that are like that, take silent hill, any of the old resi's prior to 2, future cop lapd and destruction derby to name a few but back on topic >.< i ain't played soul blade it any good?

Comment

It started the series; of course it's good! I love Edge Master moe as it's very challenging! =)
          Most of the characters are the same, missing a few newer ones. (Kilik, Cassandra).
          And even one that was a side character in Soul Calibur 3.
          You can also play as Soul Edge/Charade/Inferno/whatever the hell it is.
          There are 10 weapons to each character, so it can get awesome to get the handle of them all, there are also...4-5 secret characters to unlock through special needs, and every ending has a change, so you can determine how the ending goes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I love this game. It's one of the handful of fighters I bother playing. I can't wait for the upgraded character creation system, for it shall be sweet.

Comment

Why the hell did they change Tira's voice?!
              She sounds like a 3 year old. *Crys*
              Oh well, Cassandra and Tira are bad ass.

Comment

Former fan, but I might get it later when it goes down in price. Waiting on the home version of T6 myself. The arcade version of SCIII was great, but it had such a limited release worldwide and sales overall made them reconsider the gimmick angle. Hence Yoda and Darth Vader.

Gradon, SC is still the best in the series so get the XBLA version. It's actually based on the DC one, and not the System 12 one (PS1 hardware with more RAM and overclocked CPU).

Still, I don't think the latter games managed to match the first game's originality. The home version in particular was spectacular with its modes and extras (3 soundtracks!).

Comment

Tira's voice is incredibly annoying in SC4.

I also have mixed feelings about the Create-a-Soul in this one.

I mean, it's definitely improved over the last one (voice pitch, physique, colour). But it seems like they kinda limited your options at the same time...

I recall being able to stack like, 3 different layers on the torso and have belts seperate from lower legs or something.
                  It kinda bothers me that this time around you can't, like, have your characters wear pants *and* a specific belt. It's either one way or another. Or if you *do* give your character both, they can't wear an undershirt anymore or something. It really limits what you can do to the character.

Like I had a relatively convincing Jill in SC3. In SC4 it looks like crap. I haven't unlocked all the costumes yet so I'm hoping for some better stuff.
                  Last edited by JcFFx; 08-01-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I still don't understand what happened to Tira. :S
                    Spoiler:

And there are alot of guest characters.

SC1 for Xbox Live...? Never could stand my 360's online, due to it not being wireless, and the fact you have to pay $80 a year for online gameplay peeved me off.
                    Sounds interesting though, does it include all the modes and features from the DC version?

And yeah, the Create A Character Mode limits me, if I equip some random shirt, my health will go down, and when I play Special Mode, I'll have like 60&#37; at start, and the things that increase life are bloody rediculous, like cat feet?
                    Oh well.
                    Last edited by Gradon; 08-01-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not really a huge fan of the series, but I've played 2 and 3 in the past my friend's house. I just got SC4 for the 360 last Tuesday. My mains are Ivy, Lizardman, and The Apprentice (psyched for Force Unleashed). I also agree, I wish Create a Character didn't limit what your character wears so much, still kinda good the way it is though, probably one, if not, THE best create a character in a fighting game. Least so far that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                        I still don't understand what happened to Tira. :S
                        I think she's just schizophrenic. >_>

And I can't believe I didn't even mention the stupid stat system.

Yes, that thing can burn in hell. Namco seems to forget that when you have the option to create your own characters, chances are not everyone wants to waste the 50 or so slots making original creations. =__=;

I want to make a Lara Croft lookalike CaS and have fun with it, not have it with only 50&#37; health because I didn't give her a gauntlet or deal less damage because it wouldn't be Lara if she had a freaking helmet.

(and yes I can play arcade mode or play without the special stuff on, but most of the unlockable stuff requires you to play with the specials on =__=;)
                        Last edited by JcFFx; 08-01-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I personally hate the Tower of Lost Souls, some of the matches are just plain bullshit. I hardly ever die but most of the time I'll ethier run out of time, or I'll be rung out, which seems to happen alot. -_- Also, some of the things you need to do in a match to unlock a chest is ridiculous, perform critical finishes to ALL 4 opponents, before the time runs out, what is this? I can barely get them to block enough and when I do finally succeed in breaking their armor, I always forget to hit the button to perform it.

Comment

The Story mode doesn't seem as enjoyable as the 3rd's, it doesn't really tell anything, and you don't even know why you're fighting most people for the reasons.
                            And why the anime guest characters, no offence, but they break from reality.
                            Last edited by Gradon; 08-01-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Well the anime characters are on wikipedia, so it's not *that* much of a spoiler >_>

...*are* they from any anime? I thought they were just designed by famous-in-the-anime-industry people.

Comment

Working...
                              X