X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burned dreamcast game?

i finally found my shenmue 2 disk 1

everything runs smoothly up until we're at the come over guest house, joy tells you to go inside.

now it freezes (it's just the black screen that says come over guest house and the time and date)

i've left it on here for an hour? so far

what should i do? the back isn't scratched and i cleaned it before i put it into my dreamcast.

Here's my guesses: -

1.) A faulty rip
    2.) Faulty media / cheap media the game is burnt to, as the DC is very finnicky when it comes to CDs and using cheap ones can result in DREs.

That's about it =P I thought I had more but obviously not =P

Comment

i see, hmph i guess my ex was a cheapass burning it. is there much more that happens when you walk into the guest house?

Comment

Alot :p, thats damn near the beginning of disc 1 :p.
        You're better off buying the PAL game on ebay UK.
        Alternatively IM me when you're online later and i'll send you a rip.

Comment

I've never had a problem with burned DC games. It's the Gamecube games that are hard to burn correctly. Even the RE4 demo doesn't work correctly when burnt...

When burning DC games, use a good medium such as "Taiyo Yuden" or "Verbatim DataLife Plus" and burn at the lowest possible speed in Alcohol 120%. That should solve your problems.

Gamecube games need Ritek G04 Mini DVD-R media and also need to be burnt as 1x-2x speed in "Nero(6)/ImgBurn".

Comment

Too much of a gray area here.

Comment

Working...
            X