No announcement yet.

3D Modelling Resi Project (Images too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Modelling Resi Project (Images too)

I posted this on Bioflames earlier on, so kids "COPYPASTA GOGOGO!"

Blimey it's been a while since I lurker here, let alone posted. What can I say? I've been busy with a lot of things, mostly uni work and such but general laziness and procrastination are what really take my time nowadays... At the very least these past two weeks haha. Anyway, I bring a gift of sorts, it's nothing useful or noteworthy, but it's something nice to look at for everyone.

My last assignment for 3D Modelling was to design the interior of a building. We were given the plans and just had to turn it into whatever we wanted, as long as we had an exterior shot (in my case wireframe) and that the camera tracked through the whole area, barmaybe a few rooms.

I spent a solid month working on this, making the models, maing textures, including photoshopping some out of REmake pre-renders like the walls and generally working my arse off on the whole thing.

My Christmas was absorbed by this project and took a lot of time and effort, my production log being around 13,000 words with many screen dumps haha. The project as a whole wasnt quite to spec as i imagined it - having to cut the last sequence where the player is visibly attacked by a zombie - didnt have time to model the end sequence sadly, let alone animate it - and there are a few bugs in the animation, camera jumps slightly in a few places and the cloth on the wall the camera holds on is pressed against the wall as i set the reactor cloth wind to start too early - so it doesnt flutter in the light breeze - but otherwise i was dead chuffed with this ;D

Enjoy ladies and gentlemen and laugh at the voice acting of my friend He's a bit of a legend in my eyes

YouTube is HORRIBLE quality and you're going to need to turn your brightness up otherwise you wont see anything - another problem with the poor quality of the video means its wa too dark and lacks detail.

If anyone wants to see a high quality version (220MB) I'll upload it somewhere for people to see, but i doubt the reaction will be that strong haha

This is the final result of my 3D Modelling work for the second year of Uni. Took me most of Christmas to produce the model and there are a few flaws with it...

Additional: Breaking copypasta rules I know, but feedback is welcome, I know it's really dark, except for the upstairs office... This whole scene was around 250,000 polygons or something crazy. Even my new rig doesn't like opening this badboy haha As the credits to the video state, took 4 days to render on 15 computers - albeit theyre old pentium 4 machines ~shudders~

Also, a few still renders:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So F*ckin Awesom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pretty awesome

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Yeah; they are dark, reminds me of Silent Hill a little.
          Good work, must've taken you some times, you should be proud! xD

Comment

I am still trying to upload this, but i cant seem to upload anything above 100 meg atm without it failing midway and im burried with other coursework at the moment - will get back soon when I've wored out why this isn't uploading (I plan to take the file in and try uploading it at uni) ;D

Comment

Holy shit, did you do this all yourself?

Comment

Working...
              X