Site Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Updates

I wanted to let you all know that work is being done on the game sections at the moment. Currently I'm going through Resident Evil 4 first, since its the most current game and is more likely to attract attention. In addition, I have numerous versions of the game which I'd love to cover in feature sections, but until a proper game section is up on the site, it would be very difficult to accurately report any differences.

With that in mind, about 2 weeks ago I began plotting out the Resident Evil 4 map structure. Since the game uses "vector" based points to render the map, I couldn't simply extract an image file of the complete map. So knowing that, I went ahead and took screenshots of each area on the map, fully zoomed in, in-game. This was a really long process and piecing each part together accurately was probably the hardest part. What I was left with was an image that was roughly 14300x8900 in size which is massive. So massive, that my image editing application would no longer let me edit it, so I had to cut it into sections.

All this talk is fine and dandy, but I figured you guys might want to see a preview of the map, so here it is. The little details, such as houses, stairs, and doors need to be re-done in precise detail, but this is a rough indication of what you will see on the site.

So why are we doing this? Simple, our goal is to list every item location, key treasure, enemy, health items etc. In addition, this will help us immensely in examining "beta" builds of the game so we can spot differences immediately with a quick reference. Another plus would be walk through creation. Having high res maps like this will make showing routes, enemies and such a big asset for the sites walk through section.

The sites been in cryogenic status for a long time, thanks to both my lack of spare time and technology hurdles. Both of those have been addressed now, and I am fully ready to dedicate the time I need to the site. I just wanted to let you all know that work on the site is ramping up, and I really cant wait til we have some more stuff to show you all.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM.

I just finished with the icons These turned out so well, I may just make a high resolution texture pack for the HUD / Map elements in RE4 PC.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that'd be so awesome for a walkthrough page!
      Good luck with it...It doesn't look easy, but yeah; Good luck!
      May I ask, how long exactly did it take to put that map together?

Comment

You are amazing sir!

Comment

A few hours, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or so.

Comment

Good work

Comment

Nice work! The individual game sections require the greatest amount of time and patience. There are so many different things to cover but also so many possibilities!

Comment

Yeah, I'm still working my way through this. I've beaten the game once so far, so now I'm going through the footage and getting item locations and all that. Its really going to be a bitch with this game, since many of the items are random drops.

Comment

So this method was scrapped. It didn't allow me enough flexibility with the different levels. The good news is I finally found an alternative thanks to Mark's help. So work will continue now

Comment

Working...
                  X