Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward

I wandered into a city comic book shop yesterday and came across the new SH comic. I picked up the 'Retailers Incentive' alternate cover edition (no idea how 'special' it is but it does use a better quality cardboard cover than the standard ones).
    For anyone interested;
    It's about a dude named Jack Stanton who is heading into Silent Hill to find his lover. This 1st issue tells us about the character and the events before he actually gets to SH. I wont spoil the details but I found it to be quite cool (not amazing but good) and I'll be picking up the next issue.
    It uses a muddy kind of art style that suits the SH atmosphere.
    Here's the cover, inside cover & last 3 pages. Again, it dosn't spoil anything...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Skunky; 03-06-2008, 05:04 AM.

wow!!! looks awesome!!

Comment

I gotta find this!! Looks way better than any of those bad RE comics....

Comment

Yeah, it's a lot better than the English language, Wildstorm RE comics. It's a lot more adult and sensible than those ones too.
        To be honest, when I flicked through it at the shop I was a bit 'meh'... I'll buy it just because it's SH and the 1st issue (they are always harder to get and expensive later) but when I got home and read it, the story really pulled me in. I'm curious to see what happens now.

Comment

i have the first two issues of the Devil May Cry comic
          Last edited by Stars_g36; 03-06-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I heard they were making a DMC comic. Is it any good?
            Is it based on any of the games or a different story?
            Basically, what's the deal with the DMC comic?

Comment

We have DMC comics (manga-ish) but I can't read them since they're in Japanese. Damn... my bro can read Japanese and I can't. Like we have the Umbrella Chronicles manga also, and it is in Japanese. Man...

Comment

i have one silent hill comic, think its paint it black, thought it was dying inside at first

Comment

Well I've read the first 2 issues of Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward and I liked them. I think it the best SH comics for now. So how many issues SH:SR have?
                  P.S. DMC comics sucks. They are stupid and bad drawn (mix of manga and american style) and they are about DMC 1.
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                    issues SH:SR have?
                    There will be five issues.
                    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Sounds like an interesting read

Comment

So the 3rd issue is already in sale?
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Looks like a cool comic. Max Payne crossed with Fire and Ice.

Comment

Yes, I think it is the best comic in SH comic series.

Comment

I flicked through the first issue of "Sinner's Reward" in a comic shop last week. Seems pretty good, gave me a very Silent Hill 4 vibe. From what I could see, I imagine it's the best Silent Hill comic to date, though I wasn't very keen on the previous runs I read. I'll probably wait until they release it in a collection before I pick it up though.

Comment

Working...
                              X