Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Controversy

Right, this has been bugging me and I'd just like to point it out:

Laura is the only character in Silent Hill 2 that doesn't see those "monsters".
    To her, it's just a desolate town, now why would a little 8 year old girl travel through a shut down town, in and out a dark creepy hospital, and go through a empty hotel?

Those who are pure are ones who see not the monsters; now this girl, she's the type you wanna punch in the face for being a two faced snot nosed brat. Ahmen.
    So why doesn't she see them?

A quater way through the game, you're in a bowling alley, Eddie and Laura are talking. She asks Eddie: "What're you here for? Stealing? Murder?", this means that Laura MUST know Silent Hill drags people in there for certain reasons.

Near the end of the game, you appear at the hotel, go into a room. AHH! The piano plays, oh, it's Laura, now how in the HELL did she travel ALL the way, THAT FAR for an 8 year old TO GET TO THAT HOTEL!?
    It's just not possible, at all, and you didn't see her catch your boat ride, did you?

Finally, depending on ending, you get different interpretations of her I guess.
    If you Leave, you take her with you, but what if Laura wasn't exactly human or even a thing to begin with? What if she's dead and just a memory of Mary?
    I don't really know, and I don't have speculation she's dead, but theres something about her...
    I think maybe, Silent Hill made her to patrol the area, look out on the people who have entered Silent Hill, I don't know if she met Angela, but it's likely.
    If you get the In Water ending...Then what happens to Laura? She's never mentioned nor saw after she flips on James...Neither in any of the other endings either...

What're your thoughts on Laura? Why and how she's in Silent Hill? And why does she mention Rachael in the Hotel...if Rachael is dead/doesn't exist?
    Last edited by Gradon; 07-12-2010, 08:55 AM.

Isn't she the kid who fell out the window from Maria's scenario? As in, she's dead.

Comment

I've never played Born From A Wish, I really need Director's Cut, well then maybe that just ruined my lovely long lecture.

Comment

I've hardly touched Born From A Wish either, but the stuff i've read about it look like it's Laura that died and the father is attempting to save.

Comment

But wasn't she at the orphanage? Or the hospital...I'm not sure, I think it was both...because Mary wanted to adopt her...but she seems alive.
          All in all, I don't think the man at the mansion wanted to revive Laura, somebody else, Amy or something.

I was thinking Laura was made by Silent Hill using Mary's memories to help James overcome his problem; and to monitor Eddie&Angela, but that's just my opinion.
          Last edited by Gradon; 03-07-2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Didn't Mary and Laura share a hospital room together? If so, she may be the one who fell out of the window in BfaW, but died in hospital just as Mary did.

Comment

My theory has always been Laura died. She shared a room with Mary, and Mary was terminally ill...you don't usually mix those folk with the ones who are getting better. Laura shows no sign, at all, of illness or injury now either.

The girl from Born of a Wish is Amy Baldwin. I don't think she's related in anyway, but...it's Silent Hill.

Comment

My understanding was exactly what Darkmoon said, but at the same time it was left exceptionally unclear. There was imagery and connection that Laura had been constantly checking in on Mary at the hospital, but she looked exactly as she does during the game in it... I completely understand all the rest of the game and the characters involvement in it now except for hers so I'm not surprised I'm not the only one.

Comment

Yeah; all of the others are revealed easily, but Laura is a complete mystery, she could be dead, or she could be something more.
                  Maybe it'll be explained in later titles...or maybe they'll leave her a mystery.
                  It's just...if she is alive, how in Earth did she run that long road and get there the same time as James? Isit even possible for an 8 year old girl to go that far?! Sorry,
                  I don't know how long it took Heather...but I think it was long.

Comment

I'll admit I haven't been an avid fan of the SH series to follow it that closely, but...

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                    Laura is the only character in Silent Hill 2 that doesn't see those "monsters".
                    To her, it's just a desolate town, now why would a little 8 year old girl travel through a shut down town, in and out a dark creepy hospital, and go through a empty hotel?

Those who are pure are ones who see not the monsters; now this girl, she's the type you wanna punch in the face for being a two faced snot nosed brat. Ahmen.
                    So why doesn't she see them?
                    I thought that the town was normal to most people, except those with extremely troubled pasts (i.e. murder) and those who accidentally got themselves involved with the cult activities that made the town messed up to begin with.

And if Mary's actually only been dead for a short amount of time (implied with Mary's letter about Laura), then the town is far from desolate...

And Laura's a bit of a brat, but I don't think that automatically gets you a ticket into messed-up-silent-hill-land. I mean I'm sure everyone pulls a harmless prank or two when they're around that age (okay, the locked-in-the-room thing wasn't exactly harmless, but she doesn't see the monsters...), doesn't mean they get a punishment equivalent to that of a murderer. She doesn't like James, remember. Plus there has to be some qualities about her that would make Mary want to adopt her.

As for how she can get to places so fast, I dunno. She probably hitched a ride on another boat that you couldn't see due to the fog. Or possibly took a path that isn't so conviniently blocked or destroyed in foggy Silent Hill. Although I don't remember the game specifically enough to make that point valid...
                    Last edited by JcFFx; 03-08-2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Didn't Mary die in Silent Hill? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
                      Well if she did, then that means she died 7 days before James visited. How can a town become abandoned in under a week?
                      Hmmm, Silent Hill 2 is the one that confuses me the most!
                      I know for sure though, that the girl who died in BFAW was called Amy. I need the Director's Cut...

Also, I said Laura is the only one in Silent Hill 2 to not see the monsters, all other characters can in a way or another, see monsters, well for Eddie, it's constant people tormenting him.
                      Laura is indeed a brat, and you maybe right on that point.

Another thing, I don't think Laura will be knowledgable enough to ride a boat, especially for a long way to the Hotel. It just strikes me how she got there so fast...It is possible for her running, and she did say something along the lines she was tired of walking, but she got there before James...Well, if you go to the restaurant you'll see she's there before you.

Oh, and on a side note, probably off topic, do any of you think "Waiting For You" was based on Silent Hill 2? The lines like, "I'm here waiting for you, I can't find you where are you?" could be pointed to James looking for Mary. Just a thought.

Comment

I thought the whole thing was Laura hadn't done anything wrong, hence she wasn't being punished.

Comment

Kids are, as a rule, innocent. Eddie, James and Angela were all murderers (or thought of themselves as such...in Angela's case at least I go with justified vengence). I've always thought of Silent Hill in number two as your last chance. Either you face up to what you've done and redeem yourself or the town breaks you. After all, James gets out. If the town was just after murder and mayhem the Pyramids heads wouldn't have gone seppuku. Since they're the representation of James' guilt, once he'd accepted what he did, they were no longer needed.

Since Laura is very unlikely to have done anything wrong there are no monsters for her. Or, of course, if she is a ghost then she won't see them either.

Comment

maybe laura is another version of pyramid head but how can i say it, more human form. That watches over James, like a kind of good version. I'm not sure where im going but yeah.
                            Until i saw this thread today, i never took notice of the girls story, but some interesting facts on what happend to her. But my friends thinks she is a ghost, so that may be true but she does have the non ghost ways of being able to kick a key away from james etc.

Comment

theme of laura was a key song, was anyone else entitled their own song?

Comment

Working...
                              X