No announcement yet.

Anyone out there with a PS2 Max drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there with a PS2 Max drive?

I just got Sonic Gems collection for PS2 to play the Streets of Rage games, only to realize that they're unlockable (12 hours and play the games for 70 hours). There are saves out there, but they need to be converted from Max files to PSV. Naturally a Max drive is needed to do that, so if anyone has one, I'd appreciate your help.

It's the first save on this page:

Items needed:
    AR Max
    Max Drive
    PS2 Memory Card
    PS2-PS3 Save Convertor

I have Maxdrive and AR, but not the convertor since I dont have a 60gb, so can't help you.
    P.S. If i'm not mistaken, a site called SAVESTATES converts them for you, your best check is that site, search Google. Heck they may even already have it uploaded.

EDIT: Sorry for mixup, I meant I dont have a 60gig.
    Last edited by Gradon; 03-22-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Ah, thank you very much. I posted on a topic requesting it on the official PS site (hopefully the registration does some good).

EDIT: As luck would have it, Savestates is now a sharing site only. There were problems with their conversion service, so they decided to call it quits.
      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 03-22-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Oh dear, thats unfortunate, well, unfortunately, I have no ideas, sorry.

Comment

Why not just earn it?

You would feel much better

Comment

I did "earn it" in the end, and did the same for the newly acquired GC version as well. Finishing Sonic CD multiple times gets you only so far, and Sonic The Fighters is a novelty alongside the other games. The solution? Since most of the game are emulated and fully loaded into the RAM, I kept one running for two 6 hour intervals and locked all games.

Unlike Sonic Mega Collection, the emulations are perfect on both versions. The PS2 one loads a bit slower, but it does have two regional data of the games (so basically two versions of each game, except for Streets of Rage, which is only Bare Knuckle).

So many memories with the Bare Knuckle games..

Comment

Hang on, emulation? You wouldn't need a memory card reader then. Just find a way to extract the saves out of the memory card files.

Comment

All the GG and the Genesis Sonic games were emulated on those consoles. Sonic CD, R, and Fighters were ported.

Comment

Have you tried a program called PS2SaveBuilder? You can change it to any format readable for any cheat device I think, but not a normal PS2 save. If you have some cheat device like Codebreaker or XPloder or whatever, it might work. And my version of the save builder is probably old and outdated.

Comment

Working...
                  X