PDA

View Full Version : The ghost in the Prison (Sh2)

BLSR1
03-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Remember when you're in the prison in SH2. In the rooms with the cells you hear a thumping noise like footsteps and a groaning whisper. It continues in both rooms. Its a ghost because you never see the source of the noise.

Did you know you can kill it?

In the second cell room you enter when running by a cell near the end James will point to something when you aim. Fire your gun, and it will hit something? You'll see some blood fly out fire again and James will now be pointing down fire again and it will be dead. The Noise will now be gone.

It was something Id never heard of, but it happened last night.

Gradon
03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
My first playthrough SH2, I was really freaked out by the prison, especially that big massive room, scared the shit out of me. >_<
I went on into the prison cells to see those invisable demons, yeah I shot them and they fell.

Also, noting, I went in one cell (going through the cell door), then on the other end, nothing inside the cell, clicked back on the cell door, and I got a:
"The door is locked."
I was so freaked!! :lol:
But then it automatically unlocked after 2 minutes of waiting...

BLSR1
03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
The thing about silent hill 2 is that you notice new things each time you play through it.
now thats scary.

Stars_g36
03-30-2008, 12:34 PM
they really know how to make a messed up scary game! I remember that as well and I remember that I was panicing like crazy because of the noise, it scared the shit out of me, plus I was a lot younger at the time!

Gradon
03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I only got to complete SH2 this year at 13...I was only 7 when it first came out; remember how scared I was watching my brothers play it. ><

alf717
03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
:lol: Those prison cell are scary! The part where you go into the restroom and that loud bang scared the crap out of me. Itís kind of like the licker that comes crashing through the magic mirror is RE2. I know its coming but it makes me jump every time. :lol:

Rombie
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I enjoy hitting the invisible enemy in the cells with a long melee weapon, it sounds more satisfying to kill it that way.

Gradon
03-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey, have you ever killed the jacket in the cell? If you kill him in the right position, HE DIES OUTSIDE THE CELL! Or it's the other way round he dies in the cell from the outside, I can't remember.

SinValentine
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
i always thought he was saying "ritual" it sounds sorta like it

randomwab
03-31-2008, 04:13 AM
You can look at a camera hack of the cell on YouTube. I wouldn't recommend it though, it'll ruin the illusion. As for what it's saying, it does sound like "ritual", though I remember people finding other words if you reversed the voice sample. Can't remember what they were though, as this was all discussed over on the Silent Hill Forums many years ago.

BLSR1
03-31-2008, 07:38 AM
I thought he was looking for Richard Aiken :lol:

nemesis_lover
03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
im 100&#37; sure it says ritual, and i thought the noise was from the thing with long legs under the floor, but a ghost, i have to play this again when i get the time.
btw with the hacking, i heard in s.h 3 you can hack to see behind the window with blood in the hospital and theres a woman or something in there, and shes nude i think.

Rombie
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM
You can look at a camera hack of the cell on YouTube. I wouldn't recommend it though, it'll ruin the illusion.

I don't mind having it ruined... I've toyed with it enough. Link/Keywords?

Gradon
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
btw with the hacking, i heard in s.h 3 you can hack to see behind the window with blood in the hospital and theres a woman or something in there, and shes nude i think.

If I'm not mistaken, that'll be the nurse Valtiel took to torment Heather.

randomwab
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't mind having it ruined... I've toyed with it enough. Link/Keywords?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLBJqDvAyc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-HY7EqgjAI

Edit: A link to the video that nemesis mentioned (with the nurse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg8hcvTatRQ

Gradon
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
What's this "ritual" thing people are talking about? I hear no ritual?

nemesis_lover
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLBJqDvAyc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-HY7EqgjAI

Edit: A link to the video that nemesis mentioned (with the nurse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg8hcvTatRQ

hey
trying to think of how it looked but i dont think thats it, its a room in the hostpetal and you can only see the outside of the room, its just glass with red blood or whatever on. that nurse seems to be located while going up a ladder.
Also speaking about things seen, has anyone seen the nurse get dragged up the wall in s.h 3, its one of those moments you have to have a keen eye to see.

Gradon
04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I saw it first playthrough... >_<
That's the nurse that I was talking about haunting Heather.

nemesis_lover
04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
i'll have to find this room im talking about lol
then you can tell me if thats the video you got off.

alf717
04-05-2008, 01:31 AM
i'll have to find this room im talking about lol
then you can tell me if thats the video you got off.

I think I know what room you speak of. When you enter the room the glass is all fogged / smeared up and you can hardly make out what is in the room.

I did a quick YouTube search and came up with this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bh1CNO9-kNE

nemesis_lover
04-05-2008, 08:14 AM
ah ha thats it, good job alf717. Yeah i knew there was no ladder etc.
I think this might not be in the hospital and in fact the place before you meet your dad harry, where the fairy tale monster is.

Gradon
04-05-2008, 08:46 AM
That's not in the hopsital If I remember correctly, the apartment! O_o
I remember seeing the wall of fog, but I had no idea THAT was behind it! >_<
I thought it was the smeered wall in the hosptial, in the corridor next to the room with the perfume! :lol:

nemesis_lover
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
well my bad, i think everything scary is in the hospital :D

Gradon
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
The most scariest location in Silent Hill: The School.
How fucking scary that was... >_<
Just imagine a Silent Hill 1 remake...

nemesis_lover
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
gd point, why isn't there a remake, like to catch up with resident evil in a way. Sure would be cool

BLSR1
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
A remake would be acceptable ONLY if they don't change the game. They can update the graphics and audio and tweak the controls but THATS IT. I don't want them to ruin it.

I'd allow a new gameplay mode that has different item and enemy placement and maybe mix up the order of the game.

Gradon
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, the first game is perfect, the only thing I think needs updated are the sound and graphics, maybe extend some area's abit, but not too much to have a whole different boss/story, maybe make the school a little bigger, and the sewers longer.
They were going to remake it on PSP...but with the girl from the movie, but it was scrapped in favour of Origins.

Helegad
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm stuck in the school. I think I have the gist of solving the piano puzzle, but I can't work out the order of which I have to press the silent keys. Hints?

XRebirthX
04-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Read the poem on the board in the school. It's in the same room as the bloody piano. The location of the birds relates to the keys that don't make any sound. Press the keys in the order of the way in which the birds flew by figuring out (again) which keys do not make any sound. It helps if you have pen and paper close to you while you're reading the poem. Sometimes I like to draw the keys that don't make any sound so that I'll remember. (Or simply write the number of the "dead" keys from left to right) You don't have to go that far of course, but if you need more "hints", there's always google. I always used to get stuck on that puzzle, heh.

Helegad
04-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Looks like I was doing everything right, even up to the pen and paper and counting the keys. I'll read the poem more closely, and rearrange my key-pressing...

nemesis_lover
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
dam that puzzle messed up my first play >_<

Darkmoon
04-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Eh, took about half an hour. It was the Alert puzzle near the end that messed me up. Dunno why.

I love some of the clips done with that camera trick, especially the one of that hand. It's fun to see some of the tricks they did to freak folk out.

A remake of the first game could be a good thing, so long as they don't go into retconning the series in a big way (Resident Evil Umbrella Chornicles, I'm lookin' at you). And of course they don't make it as a remake with the movie characters and storyline...because that would suck. SH1's current story is, in every way, superior to the movie.

Helegad
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I think that the areas in Silent Hill were a lot more interactive, or 'alive' than the areas in RE1, so a remake wouldn't be as effective.

Gradon
04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe Konami will take this offer up, aslong as they rehire Team Silent, compared to Climax, I've noticed how much Silent Hill was when Team Silent worked on it, SH4 wasn't meant to be one, but atleast it felt like one of the main stories.
Ah well, only time will tell. They released a complete collection in Japan, though, so it might be unlikely.

Helegad
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I'd say a remake is quite unlikely.

nemesis_lover
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
a complete collection came out last year i think, but that didnt have 1, so could that mean something :O

Helegad
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Just like the Hitman 'trilogy' for PS2. 2, 3, and 4 were included, but not 1...

nemesis_lover
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
hmmm interesting stuff hey
i've got 1 on p.c but it runs quite slow thanks to have xp and now vista

BLSR1
04-17-2008, 10:22 PM
a complete collection came out last year i think, but that didnt have 1, so could that mean something :O

It means SH1 isn't on the PS2.

Helegad
04-18-2008, 05:42 AM
I finished Hitman: Codename 47 (the first one) just recently. Fuckin' Plutonium Runs Loose. What a sonovabitch to complete! The hardest bit was finding the goddamn nuke on that huge ship!

(I don't have much troubles in XP... if anything, it runs too fast. Have you set it to 98 compatibility? That usually fixes my speed problem. Maybe it'll speed up your game.)

Darkmoon
04-18-2008, 06:14 AM
...what in the name of blue hell does that have to do with Silent Hill? And I thought the random piana question was off topic...

nemesis_lover
04-18-2008, 06:48 AM
It means SH1 isn't on the PS2.

i'm saying it could mean they didn't bother to convert the game to ps2 because they are going to make a remake most prob.
When did the game come out 99, so a remake could be set up for 2009 -.-

Gradon
04-18-2008, 07:35 AM
No, no, in Japan, after 4's release, a Complete Collection came out.
Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Movie
Posters
So, no, unlikely.

Helegad
04-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Sorry about going totally off topic :P

I didn't realize people were not finished talking about SH2's prison ghost.

Also, in your list Gradon, you missed out on the Silent Hill Experience, and Origins for PSP.

EDIT: Oh, is that what was in the complete collection? Okay... sorry :)

TheOrganization
06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Im thinking a remake of the first would be a good idea, it will probs happen in 2009 your right.
Yeah the ghost in the prison, first few times i played the game i heard the noises and the camera changed so i aimed my gun and then there was nothing there so i just continued forwards.
Will be shooting next time i play.

Nomad9026
06-13-2008, 02:50 AM
The ghosts in the prison was one scary moment, figured that you can kill them during the first walkthrough. This Ghost actualy simbolise Walter Sullivan, that was imprisoned after killings he made and killed himself finishing his blody ritual of 21 sacraments. That is why he's saying "ritual". Besides there is a story that there was actualy the model of this ghost but it was banned by censors just like the first model of baby monsters in SH1 school.
The figure that is tortured by Valtiel is actually Lisa the nurse from SH1, that what heppened to her after she was sucked into Alessa's world.
I know a lot about SH and hiden simbols in it, If have any questions ask me. I would like to help.

TheOrganization
06-13-2008, 04:17 AM
yeah i thought when i heard it say ritual that it maybe had something to do with Walter Sullivan.
Aw i like Lisa

Nomad9026
06-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Everybody does, espesually after appearing of ofissial artwork were she is naked. Konami made the same with Sniper Wolf too.

Darkmoon
06-13-2008, 05:05 AM
So the ghost is a remnant of Walter? Interesting idea. Not sure it makes perfect sense, however, since I believe Walter was up and about during Silent Hill 2...unless it's literally a remnant, a memory and nothing else. He wasn't the last sacrafice for the 21 Sacraments, after all, and it's a safe bet the grave you find isn't his real grave.

Nomad9026
06-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Well it is idea of the developers actually. And as you said, yes it a memory of James about Walter, that meterialised in that prison, that is actualy a museum and Walter have never been there in real live. Everything that we see ih SH2 are a twisted and materialised (For Sunderland spesifecly) fealings, fears and memories of the games main protagonist. Like ritual of Sullivan, about what he only onse read in a newspaper, or the folse grave, because he thought that Walter must be burried somewere near the preason.
P.S.
I hope I explaned everything in understandble way:)?

Darkmoon
06-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Yeah, it was understandable, and makes sense. Would you happen to have a link to the interview or article where the developers mention that though? I always thought they tried to avoid answering questions on the nature of Silent Hill so people could choose for themself. It would be interesting to see some solid answers.

Nomad9026
06-13-2008, 07:21 AM
All that extra info was taken from Silent Hill Plot Analisis by a brilliant fan SilentPyramid. He and some other fans made the most perfect analysis of all that is SH based and was released to the world but before Origins. But it is in russian and it is so giant that I even afraid to think about translation. So I can give you the link to the site, there are some english speaking threats so you can ask for yourself if there is a translated version of analysis. Or you can ask me some questions by PM I will try to answer them.
link to the forum:
http://www.silenthill.ru/forum/index.php
link to the site:
http://www.silenthill.ru/

TheOrganization
06-14-2008, 10:09 AM
ooh where is the secret grave on silent hill 2? ive probs seen it but i aint played that game for sooo long cant remember anything from it

Nomad9026
06-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Ok, so do you remenber the location just after the prison, there is a graveyard with your garve, so in order to continue you have to jump in to your grave. On that graveyard is Walter's imaginary grave.

TheOrganization
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
oh of course ive seen it yeah, haha

Nomad9026
06-18-2008, 02:27 AM
SH is a great game. You can play it again and again and always find something new for yourself:).

TheOrganization
06-18-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah i noticed that like in number 2 if you explore the streets you can find notes all over the place asking for help and telling people to give up hope and stuff

Nomad9026
06-19-2008, 04:29 AM
And all of it have some hidden sense. Damn, I like SH.

TheOrganization
06-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I know ive banged on that i like origins but i finally thought of something i dont like,
how you are limited to one section of the town an dont really have the freedom to move around to explore

Nomad9026
06-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Actually it was in SH games. Or you were talking about the whole series?

The John Doe
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure about Ghosts and guys yelling "ritual." When I first entered the cell block of that prison in Silent Hill 2 I was freaked out. The sounds creeped me out. Before hand I had stocked up on ammo for the rifle and shotgun. As soon as James pointed (everything was off screen) I started shooting and I didn't stop until all the wracket was over with. I didn't know unil it was over that is was only two guys in the straight jacket. From the sounds I had assumed there was some kind of killer horse in there with me. Since all the sounds stopped. I must of killed the ghost too. If the Ghost was really Walter, then what was making those sounds that sounded like a horse stomping? Awayways. What set me partly one edge was directly before I entered the cell block. The part where James is talking to that freaky mungiloid guy, who had shot the guy. That was disturbing!!!

TheOrganization
06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
oh yeah, eddie or whatever he was called, he was annoying