Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest horror movies

.,/
    Last edited by Baiohazãdo; 01-13-2009, 09:12 PM.

Cannibal horror/suspense movies. Do I even need to explain?

I'm looking at you The Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Wrong Turn. You all make me want to puke, especially part two of the latter. Hostel, too.

Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

I think the scariest movie I've ever seen is They.

The facehugger attack in the first Alien film still makes me flinch. Just that sound the damned thing makes... That movie, and the original Texas Chainsaw I love to watch, not because they are scary, but they are more psychological horror.
      sigpic

Comment

Hostel 1/2, Saw 1/2/3/4.
        All those films, oh my God, I just can't watch them, and the way the movies/traps are set up, it's actually quite scary? o.o

Comment

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was really scary.
          Vacancy was pretty scary too; i remember a few days later i went out of town to a criminology congress... and i pray the hotel was safety, hahaha
          Last edited by RE-Hiro; 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

The movie that scared me worst was the Ring. I watched the damned thing in the dark right after watching 28 Days Later...and as the credits rolled my girlfriend rang. That was pretty damned unnerving.

Comment

when i was a kid, the 2 films that really scared me were Alien and Poltergeist, especially the bath scene of Poltergeist with the guy doing a thorough peeling session , and it also made me dislike clowns.

The last film that really scared me was the Orphanage, I remember getting out of the cinema very freaked out, I much prefer the psychological horror movies more than gory ones.

Comment

The scariest ones (or the ones that gave me a strange feeling) are the ones I watched when I was young (7 to 10 I guess), all before RE..

Candyman. It gave me nightmares the first time I saw it. The second time a couple of years after it kept me awake all night. That was a long night haha... That final scene at the end when the woman came back just freaked me out lol.

The original Dawn of the Dead gave me a really weird feeling - like what the hell is wrong with these human beings? Prelude to RE I guess lol. I remember just thinking about the motorcycle guys being ripped apart..

Right now there are always films that make me think, but none that give me those same feelings. I guess I've gotten used to the current presentation of movies, when VR or something else begins I'm sure that will change

Comment

I don't particuarly like gory movies, but the Aliens were pretty good, they tried to be scary, and in some parts succeeded, but as the series went on, the scares gave way to more sci-fi sort of parts.

Scariest movie though? Can't really vouch for any 'scariest' ones. I don't particuarly get scared by movies, only really jump-out-of-the-seat in the BOO! bits.

I'm going to see the Shutter remake later this year. Can't wait for it, the ads really make it look like a do-not-see-at-night flick...

Comment

Evil Dead at 2 in the morning....
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Hcloud, sounds good to me! :p
                      Last edited by Helegad; 04-12-2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

The Lost was very disturbing!!! VERY!!!

Watched a movie called Jack Ketchums: The Lost this weekend. My goodnes is all I can say, its been a really long time since I watched a movie that I could'nt immediately forget about, this movie is so twisted that you mind can't stop dwelling on it. But at least it was good, so I dont mind.

I was able to find this trailer on YT...jeez you have no idea how hard it is to search for something with a name as generic as "the lost"...but this did turn up and I'm pretty sure that its the official trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5uKmN3mwQ0

Comment

Yesterday went to the movies and watched The mist... was pretty scary, but the end was pretty weird... sad... stupid... i don't know; i can't describe it....
                          Last edited by RE-Hiro; 04-14-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Hmm... I think the only movie that made me feel 100% uncomfortable watching it as a kid was George A. Romero's Day of the Dead. Sure I was really young but it was in your face gore; first time I saw dismemberment and it left me feeling sick. I loved that feeling and it made me want to go into film. Choke on it, choke on it!

I was also one of the young kids who got freaked out by the Poltergeist peeling scene.

Recently, I've seen so much gore and horror flicks that it's hard to come by a flick. I have two though. Anyone seen Audition? That movie seriously left me sickened. The idea of opening up and then bam just scared the hell out of me. The torture scenes that drag on also makes it so uncomfortable due to the way they are shot (you don't see much gore though). And even though this doesn't qualify as horror, I had lot's a fun with Clover field. It wasn't a scared emotion though, it was more like shooting up adrenaline and anxiety.

Comment

Yeah, Cloverfield was good. Love the way it was shot. Original.

Comment

Working...
                              X