PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

LeigiBoy
04-18-2008, 03:48 PM
http://img.vidaextra.com/2008/04/mkvsdc.jpg

First Image of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Published
12:03 AM CST - Jeff Greeson
The folks over at Mortal Kombat Online have been given the go ahead to release an image prior to the Midway Gamers' Day embargo of Friday, April 18th 4:00pm PDT (6:00pm CDT). Since we appreciate the collaborative efforts of MKO while out at Midway Gamers' Day, we'll be kind to simply point you to their website to check out the picture.

As of now, there is nothing else that we can reveal right now until the end of the press embargo. The game's official website WorldsCollide.com will one day feature content, but currently features a default setup page. Soon on TRMK you can expect a trailer, several images, and some detailed information on the new Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe game fairly shortly after it expires. Until then, head on over to our new Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Forum and discuss the latest revelations with fellow fans.

Surce:http://www.trmk.org/ <--- here is de 1 trailer

:D, o_o or :'(
Chose your destiny...

Puma1
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow, I don't even know how to respond to this one...

MarkGrass
04-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, i'll start the debate by saying that it will be an honorable pleasure to whip Bruce Wayne's ass with Scorpion.

Umon Daisuke
04-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Stupid. That's all there is to it. The franchise went downhill in 1997 with MK4 and it kept spiraling downwards last generation. This was the last hope for the franchise's resurrection as a good fighter series.. oh well. There's always UMK3 on XBL and MKII on PSN.

BLSR1
04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
:D, o_o or :'(
Chose your destiny...

My Choice:

http://failurecasca.de/wp-content/uploads/awesome_med.png

Helegad
04-18-2008, 11:55 PM
My choice: o_o

Batman will have his batass kicked back to batland.

Darkmoon
04-19-2008, 03:00 AM
...what? This is almost as scwered up as that Gundam Wing Dyansty warriors game. I still have a friend who refuses to acknolwadge it could exist, even when I showed him a copy in store.

Mr_Zombie
04-19-2008, 05:54 AM
What the fuck o_O

I just can't imagine Scorpion vs Superman fight... Although DC universe is full of psychos that will fit the MK universe (Lobo :>).

I only hope that Fatalities will still be in the game. Sub-Zero pullig off Batman's head... priceless :).

SlurmsMackenzie
04-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Apparently there won't be any fatalities and little gore.WTF,that's what made MK such a great game.How many games could u pull of someones skin or punch them onto a bed of spikes?

The Dude
04-19-2008, 08:43 AM
This is pathetic.
WHy are Midway games still in business? They haven't made anything of merit in over a decade.

And for those who said Batman would lose, bugger off.
Batman has proven time and time again that it only takes 2 things to beat someone, time to come up with a plan and the finances to implement it.
Bruce Wayne has both.

Apparently there won't be any fatalities and little gore.WTF,that's what made MK such a great game.How many games could u pull of someones skin or punch them onto a bed of spikes?

I think this whole idea is pathetic, the DC comic code says that their front line of hero characters can't outwardly murder or take life,... so that begs the question, WHY ARE THEY IN A MORTAL KOMBAT GAME -_- *Yes I am aware Wonder Woman murdered Maxwell Lord in the leadup to infinite crisis but that was done on purpose in order to shock readers*.
But basically cause of the DC "code" so to speak this game won't have finishers unless MK characters could do it to themselves.

And MK was never a great game, it just had a gimmick which was overused.

I really wish Ed Boon would give up, he and Tobias were complete hacks back in the day, and Boon still is a one trick pony now.

Borman
04-19-2008, 09:27 AM
The trailer's limited gameplay doesnt look very convincing to me.

Helegad
04-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Dude, I think I was the only one who said Batman sucked. And I really think he does. A batcar, a batsuit? What the hell, he should make his own line of merchandise o_o

I hope his skin gets pulled off! :lol:

The Dude
04-19-2008, 10:13 AM
...he'd kick your arse.

Rombie
04-19-2008, 10:38 AM
:uhh: WTF?

1. It's been done. And better.
2. Stop with the MK games now please, kthnks.

The Dude
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
The entirety if Midways economy must rely on Mortal Kombat, really, someone refresh my memory, name a game they have made in recent memory which has sold very well.

MarkGrass
04-19-2008, 11:14 AM
if Midways economy must rely on Mortal Kombat, really, someone refresh my memory, name a game they have made in recent memory which has sold very well.

Ummm... Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive?

The Dude
04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok, let me rephrase :p Any other game they've made which ISN'T Mortal Kombat in the last 10 years *and classic game collection packs don't count*

MarkGrass
04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I couldn't refrain from that one. ;p

Gradon
04-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I know the answer: Nothing! :D
Wow, Mortal Kombat has reached low, and I mean, LOW.
I really loved Mortal Kombat, but what's the point now?
Half of Amergeddon's characters I didn't even know, and pretty much, HATED.
Kitana ftw. <.<

bungholio
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, let me rephrase :p Any other game they've made which ISN'T Mortal Kombat in the last 10 years *and classic game collection packs don't count*

Psi-Ops, and probably a few others that were gory that I don't remember but probably weren't so bad because I haven't played them.

I can't figure out what would drive anyone to create this. I haven't liked any mortal kombat game since it was made 3d. And the game was nothing but a Street Fighter ripoff back in the day that was nothing special besides having some blood and fatalities.
Ever since they threw in that stupid system for 3 stances, dumb combos for those stances, boring characters, weird story, dull fatalities, and generally everything else, I've hated it.

This is going to be odd, realistically who from the mortal kombat series can put a scratch on superman?

Puma1
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Psi-Ops was pretty damn cool. I remember giving that as a Christmas present.

Rombie
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM
San Fransisco Rush was good as well... at the arcades. N64 version wasn't bad either. They killed it though by making stupid sequels (Rush 2040).

You'd have to go back to find decent titles from them, pre-PlayStation generation for most of it. The 3 volumes of Midway's Arcade Treasures on last gen consoles are fairly good in the respect they have some of the companies biggest hits. Shame some of the emulation is a little poos though.

Enigma_632
04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Does anyone still play Mortal Kombat?

Mr_Zombie
04-20-2008, 05:34 AM
I've played Shaolin Monks recently, and it was good ;).

But to me, the best Mortal Kombat game was, and will always be, Mortal Kombat II.

The Dude
04-20-2008, 06:31 AM
I did say minis greatest hits and collection editions :p.
First game besides Olympic Soccer I got on the PS1 was the Midway Arcade Collection part 1.
*I do respect their volume of games prior to Mortal Kombat and the whole violence/blood era of games*

Shaolin Monks thinking on it was a fun 2p gimmick, always used Liu Kang though, although the soundtracks on all MK games ticked me off.

Rombie
04-20-2008, 06:42 AM
I didn't say they came under the point they counted, just that the best games they've done are included in those packs and most of them are more than 15 years old at this point.

The last decent MK was definently UMK3 and that 12 years old now at least I think. I can't think of much else Midway has published since that was any good.

Puma1
04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I thought the original Blitz games on the Playstation were pretty damn fun.

BLSR1
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I love the Mortal Kombat Games :D

Hcloud13
04-22-2008, 03:26 PM
All of this reminds me when Square announced Kingdom Hearts.
Everyone was like "Final Fantasy & Disney"?? NOOOO WAY!
But look how that turnd out,so ill hold my opinion on this game till I play it.

Malice
04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
So this is what Mortal Kombat has become?

Midway wins, FATALITY.

Puma1
04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
All of this reminds me when Square announced Kingdom Hearts.
Everyone was like "Final Fantasy & Disney"?? NOOOO WAY!
But look how that turnd out,so ill hold my opinion on this game till I play it.

Right, but neither lost it's essence. Mortal Kombat was awesome because of the gore which will be heavily cut this time around.

BLSR1
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Right, but neither lost it's essence. Mortal Kombat was awesome because of the gore which will be heavily cut this time around.

The no gore is JUST A RUMOR right? Show me a press release saying there are no fatalities and I will believe you.

The Dude
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33095.html

There will be brutal moves, and some degree of finishing moves, but not fatalities.
They are also going for a T Rating rather then M Because of the DC characters/content.

Umon Daisuke
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM

No, MK hit mainstream because the gore, but the 2D games had very competent engines and enough depth that new combos are being created to this day. UMK3/MKT in particular had a lot going for it, but people just focused on the gore and poked fun at those games because of the different "...alities".

Then came MK4 and the shit hit the fan. MK DA came and after two days, you realized that the engine was as glitchy and broken as they come and that was it.

That's why I'm glad I have MKII and UMK3 both playable well enough online nowadays.