Greatest game ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest game ever?

Talk about what you think is the greatest single game ever.

I'm going to vote for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

I'm not going to go through all the reasons that I think it is awesome. It does have it's flaws, but the whole world just seems to run like clockwork.
    Great soundtrack, great puzzles, great set piece battles. I could go on and on but I won't.

My only real criticism is that it's too short, but it's better to burn out than to fade away.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-20-2008, 09:09 AM.
    sigpic

Tekken 3 for me. The game made 3D fighters as smooth as 2D back when 3D fighters had response time and lots of collission issues. Juggles, techs, reversal reversals (aka chickens) etc. The game was very addictive and had a great following back in the mid-late 90's in the arcade as much as SFII earlier on.. so much so that TTT was released as a fan service game.

It's not the most balanced game for sure.

Comment

final fantasy 8

>_>

shut up.

Comment

I think you mean Final Fantasy 6.
        Nah, I have no idea, too many good games.

Comment

F.F 7
          best soundtrack, made me play it for hours, it's the only game you'll going to clock around 50 to 70 hours play time. (if you train to the top level and try to get 100% in everything)
          It had a good storyline, the ppl in it were strong and had their own storyline. The game made you want to see the ending. The battles were amazing. Bosses were well thought off. Weapons in it are ace. Best summons. NEED I SAY MORE????

Comment

Caslevania SoN or Metroid 3,what a dificult chose,but i go with Castlevania SoN,i am not really a fan of metroid but metroid 3 kick ass.

Comment

There shouldn't be any criticism of people's choices.

Im torn between FFVII and VIII.
              VII I admit is probably the better game of the two, however my best memories came from playing FFVIII, and lame as it sounds, I played it first through during a really bad part of my life and I could relate and respect alot of the themes and character arcs in the game, I had the most fun playing VIII so yeah, VIII gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                There shouldn't be any criticism of people's choices.

Im torn between FFVII and VIII.
                VII I admit is probably the better game of the two, however my best memories came from playing FFVIII, and lame as it sounds, I played it first through during a really bad part of my life and I could relate and respect alot of the themes and character arcs in the game, I had the most fun playing VIII so yeah, VIII gets my vote.
                FF8 was what I started the series with. So it's also one of my favourites =D

(though I wouldn't say *best game ever!* to it... then again, I don't know what to give that title to =/)

Comment

My choice: Resident Evil!!!

It's the greatest game ever!!!

Comment

I actually have a few tied for that spot but for pure sentimental reasons: Metal Gear Solid.

Comment

Thats a hard one.I reckon Portal is up there,simple ideas usually turn into good games.

Dune 2 was also pretty awesome along with Total Annihilation (so good sending your commander in to blow the hell out of them).

Of course there is Resident evil which basically gave birth to Survival Horror (yes I am aware of dark seed,but IMO that didn't do nearly as much as RE)

Then we have Wolfenstein 3D and Doom which I loved to death.

Sims also a good,fresh idea.

UO was heaps good until EA took over and sent the game down to hell.

But the greatest game ever?That's very hard.I'd have to go with DOOM.But thats my personal opinion.

Comment

There are alot of good games like Resident Evil, Onimusha, Project Zero, Obscure, Forbidden Siren, Silent Hill.... i have to pick between 2 of my favorite games.. Dino Crisis 1 and Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 2 wins.

Comment

Shaq-Fu FTW.

Sarcastic much.
                          Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Startropics for the NES
                            After that FFVII
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Ahhh this is too difficult! I'm gonna say my favorite games are:

Metroid Prime
                              Silent Hill 2
                              Resident Evil Remake
                              Goldeneye 64
                              Gears of War
                              Super Smash Bros.
                              Pokemon Red/Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X