Silent Hill: Homecoming Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill: Homecoming Release Date

I've seen that Silent Hill: Homecoming is set to be released in September of this year in Europe. Has there been an official U.S. release date yet? If not is it ok to speculate that it will be coming here even sooner than Europe?

I love for it to come out this year, so its not called Silent Hill 5 anymore :S

Comment

Doubt it'll be released in September. Actually, i can't remember the last time a game was released on it's original release date.

Comment

Will it be out for PSP?

Comment

If it's on the 360 and PS3 then it should be far, far too powerful for anything but a massively scaled down port...which I sorta hope some of the pictures we've seen are.

Comment

Probably. Silent Hill Origins was developed by a western developer (Climax) and was consequently released first in America followed by Europe and Japan respectively.

Silent Hill Homecoming is being developed by a western developer (The Collective) and will PROBABLY be released first in America, followed by Europe and then Japan.

I reckon it will. =)

Comment

Climax changed their name to The Collective, didn't they?
              Edit:
              Ok, I was under the impression the same company that did the PSP game was doing the PS3/360 one...Ugh.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-30-2008, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                Climax changed their name to The Collective, didn't they?
                Edit:
                Ok, I was under the impression the same company that did the PSP game was doing the PS3/360 one...Ugh.
                Heh...

Climax had a US studio which was originally handling the title back in it's "like RE4" style edition, which got canned because no one was happy with how it was going. It got shifted to the UK after the US department got closed.

The Collective was the development studio working on SHV which was just recently merged with the remains of the Shiny development team, and both companies were "reborn" as Double Helix.

Comment

Ahh, alright. I think I had read a neogaf poster saying that they were the same team that did the PSP game.

This has me worried a lot more for the game. Most of my optimism for the game was because I thought they made Origins.

Comment

The recent batch of screens didn't? I honestly thought for a second that a few of them were off a new PSP game. Even a lower budget game like Siren looks considerably better.

Add the various comments about making the series more in line with others with tougher boss fights and you've got a recipe for disaster. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing's looking promising so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      Ahh, alright. I think I had read a neogaf poster saying that they were the same team that did the PSP game.

This has me worried a lot more for the game. Most of my optimism for the game was because I thought they made Origins.
                      As was mentioned in the other topic, aside from the general problems - one of the staff who was basically the main reason they got to work on the game has left - clearly not a good sign - and merger or not Shiny hadn't made a decent game since MDK. Add to that the poor visual models for characters, the "it needs to be like SH2" and "add more like the movie" copy stuff, links to Origins, and everything else... I don't think I've ever been impressed by the damn thing.

Comment

The fact Konami removed the numeric value of the title making it Silent Hill: Homecoming *if thats true* says alot about Konami's faith in the project.

Comment

i still think silent hill the room, shouldn't of been classed as 4 imo
                          still Silent hill 2 rocks my socks

Comment

The more I learn about this game, the less I seem to want it.

Comment

-
                              Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X