Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Conan Beta

Anyone signing up for this?
    I just got the beta keys, theres still more going at various times until the May 1st beta opening deadline.

Doubt this will even work on my specs at low settings but at least I can try and upgrade in the mean time.

Darn, no email signup to let me know when the keys are being given away, thats no fun.

Comment

Its done at various times mate.
      You sort of have to keep refreshing every hour or so.
      They usually have warnings of "coming soon" 20-30mins before the keys are available then the keys are usually on for half hour or so.
      You really just have to keep an eye on it.
      Downloading the game right now but its 12.7gb.

EDIT: Theres some kind of COMRADE email thing you can try to get an alert about it but I heard its pretty unreliable as by the time you get it all the nerd will have beaten you to the keys.
      Last edited by The Dude; 04-26-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Yeah I know, but for MGO, they sent an email right away saying keys were open, saved me a lot of hassle

Edit a few hours later: Got my key.
        Last edited by Borman; 04-26-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Cool
          Good luck downloading it.

25 hours downloading it and im...4.19gb through -_-.

Comment

Yeah Im not looking forward to that. I dont even know if I can free up 12 gigs on my windows drive lol

Comment

Yeah, total nightmare
              The connection speed's gone down to 4kbs now -_-.
              Going to give it a couple of hours, if no increase in download speed then im calling it quits for now.

Comment

NVM, refound a new mirror, 8.96gb through now.

Comment

Once it's done, host it on your PTP server will you please? (Along with the key, of course) Another available beta won't go astray...

Comment

Only one key per person I though O_o.
                    Ah well, Im installing it now, its taken about 40-50mins so far its about 68% done so far.

EDIT: Fully installed, it keeps updating itself with patches though.
                    Last edited by The Dude; 04-29-2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Beta Day!...or at least it would be if the bloody beta would start, its already an hour late.

Comment

I dont even know if Ill get to downloading it, 12gigs is just too much

Comment

14gb after patches and updates.
                          And even now its gone live as of 54mins ago, no ones actually gotten into the servers as theres alot of server crashing and poorly written game code.

EDIT: Since the beta went live at 10pm GMT, the game won't even load, it keeps failing on start up which never used to happen, 3 people I know reported the same error.

EDIT: At around 1am I was able to log in finally.

Created my character, a Male Cimmerian Barbarian, the game is unbelievably laggy and glitchy even on the lowest settings, with NPC's glitching and doing odd things while talking to them and the like.
                          Combat is ok, not what I had anticipated but its usable, got as far as Tortuge City where I was able to buy level 5 Equipment such as Light Armor and a decent Claymore, participated in one mission where I had to kill pirates behind the local whorehouse but the pirates were level 10 compared to my level 5 character and the game lagged so much I eventually got killed off and respawned outside the city gates.
                          Couldn't get back into the city as a major glitch occurred where all users in the city were ejected and the server was closed down for emergency maintainance, will try again later when the my connection stabilises.
                          Last edited by The Dude; 05-02-2008, 04:35 AM.

Comment

had to kill pirates behind the local whorehouse
                            Can you go in?

Comment

Apparantly in the full version.
                              Right now its just a quest.

The reason everyone was ejected initially from the city with the update that evening was a new quest implemented where as you're a slave and still bearing wrist shackles you're forbidden to enter, so you have to find a blacksmith on the city limits and do a small item finding quest for him in order to get the shackles removed to gain entry to the city.

On the single player quest Awakening I with my Cimmerian Barbarian, single player missions run fine, however it is when the landscapes have online characters the frame rate kills the game, at least on my PC it does.

One thing worthy of Note is that the Open Beta features no blood, decapitations or fatalities due to the obvious fact that pug nosed retards who aren't 18 and over are on it, as shown by alot of the conversations i've observed while on the beta.

Hopefully the mentality changes in the actual game and more adult minded people will play, however I sincerely doubt it.
                              Last edited by The Dude; 05-03-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X