480p Wii Gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 480p Wii Gaming.

Ok, i've had a wii since christmas, however till now i've just been using standard AV cables to play games at 60htz instead of 480p because my 360 is an old model which only uses component cables.
    However recently my 360's been messing up (Multiple disc load errors and crashes), so im contemplating getting a new one for the HDMI cable ability.

I was also considering throwing some money towards getting the Wii component cables for 480p play, however I was wondering if theres actually any benifit to doing this, as in better frame rates etc *Not so much bothered about graphical differences, just wanted to know if the framerates on games are better etc using it at that setting*

Doesn't affect the frame rate at all. All you get is better picture quality (sharper and better colour etc), but the bump in resolution is negligable.

Not sure what type of TV you have, but I leave mine at 480i and let the scaler do its job. 480p gives a softer look to games, which you may or may not like.

Comment

40 inch Samsung 1080p HDTV downstairs hooked to the Wii,
      37 inch Samsung 720p HDTV upstairs hooked to the 360 and PS3.

I'll stick to 60htz for now then, can't see the point in wasting 20 for a cable which isn't going to do anything besides touch up the graphics.
      Just thought it might give a frame boost to TR: Anniversary or Umbrella Chronicles.

Comment

Then buy some from monoprice, its real cheap. The games look a ton better in my opinion.

Comment

Monoprice?

Comment

Not sure if they deliver to the UK. Also, I'm not that familiar with Samsung's scalers, but regardless of the resolution bump (negligible), the jump from composite to component is woth the upgrade.

Comment

I didn't know there were two Wii models released... Wish I had one though. Wii Gym/Fit or whatever it is looks good.

Comment

Working...
              X