The Nintendo Channel is ready (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nintendo Channel is ready (US)

Look like the Nintendo Channel has hit the scene. Not a bad little channel, it offers preview movies and DS downloads. I ended up getting the Ninja Gaiden download and must say this game looks and play really well. The channel is located on the shop channel but you may have to update your Wii unless you updated on the 20th of March or after.
    Last edited by alf717; 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM.

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
    DS downloads.
    Wait... How does that work (assuming Nintendo didn't make an R4-esque thing >_>)

Comment

The DS (just like the GBA) can store data in memory as long as power is on.

It's no different from what you do when you us single-cart multiplayer features and/or game sharing features.

Comment

Yea there isn't much to it. The Wii downloads the demo and then transmits the data. Once the data is transmitting you select download play from the DS menu.
        Last edited by alf717; 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Is there ROM carts available to save the data on? Would be useful...

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
            Is there ROM carts available to save the data on? Would be useful...
            Not really considering there's no interesting data on there to begin with. All the demos are of already released games. I watched the Wii Fit video which increased some of my hype, but otherwise nothing overly exciting.

There's a lot of potential with the Nintendo Channel, but we'll have to wait and see to find out if this potential will be properly fulfilled.

Comment

Yeah, Wii Fit looks really good. Unfortunately, I could certainly use it... I'm not fat or anything, but I could really use some fitness exercises in front of my TV I'm really not one for playing outside sport, just watching it.

Comment

i downloaded it!!!!! is really awesome!!!

Comment

Wii Fit...I seem to be the opposite; not fat, but not fit.
                  Surprisingly you can set yourself a target to put on weight, how that works, I have NO idea.

Comment

Well, muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe it's to do with that?

Comment

If there's one thing I love about THIA's forum, it's that just about every thread usually gets twisted and turns into a completely different conversation.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Well, muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe it's to do with that?
                        That's a good point... but does the machine come with weights?

@MarkGrass: It's still on the topic of Nintendo, ain't it?

Comment

No, no weights in it, only Yoga, Muscle Excersises (You guys must be right, sill my ), Balencing excersises, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            If there's one thing I love about THIA's forum, it's that just about every thread usually gets twisted and turns into a completely different conversation.
                            So true.

Comment

Working...
                            X