wich one should i buy:PS3 or 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wich one should i buy:PS3 or 360

at the end of this month i am going to buy my next gen console,but i cant decide wich system i going to buy so i need some help from you guys,wich is the best system??

i didnt make this threat to become a fanboy war so please dont flame others because of such a supid reason.

In my opinion the PS3 is the better machine while the 360 has a better catologue of games. It helps that the 360 is also a good hunk of cash cheaper, allowing you to pick up quite a few of those games.

The PS3 is deffintely more reliable, though, and I believe that once you've upgraded the 360 to do the same things they're pretty much the same price. So, I'd look at which games are comming out on both machines and see which you want more. I'd also decide on whether you wanna play online (the PS3 is free) or watch BluRay.

Comment

I'd say the 360, better games out, no installation time (what is with that on the PS3?), cheaper and the games are cheaper too (or they are in the UK, £5 less most of the time).

Comment

Well ti's a coin toss.

PS3:
        1) Nearly outputs everything in 1080i/p.
        2) Hardware is more reliable/stable than the X360 and has a failure rate around 0.05%.*
        3) It also have nearly 100% support for PSX games and they look awesome in 1080i/p.
        4) The PS3 doesn't have the best Multiplayer network though.
        5) Built in support for Blu-Ray media.
        6) Great DVD upscaling.

X360:

1) Has a wider range of quality titles out and better online multiplayer services.
        2) Has support for PC-X360 connection for media.
        3) limited backwards compatibility.
        4) No native 1080i/p support, only upscales to 1080i/p so no "Ture HD" experience.**
        5) Have to buy separate add-on to play HD DVD discs.
        6) Poor DVD upscaling.
        7) Hardware isn't stable and has a high failure rate.

* PS3 doesn't have the 'RRoD' and it doesn't crap out, failure rate isn't accurate in my post.
        **The 360 only upscales to 1080i and most of it's games are either 480p/720p native.

So there are trade offs and some drawbacks to both. But it's really up to you. As for us, we have both.

Comment

Just look at the games catalogue and decide of the exclusive killer apps on either consule worthy of your money.
          Then Decide.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Just look at the games catalogue and decide of the exclusive killer apps on either consule worthy of your money.
            Then Decide.
            That's true as well. My bro mainly bought the PS3 for Blu-Ray, Web Browser, and other cool features.

Comment

thanks a lot guys,i think i buy a ps3 then i want to play MGS4 and some other games in the ps3,anyway it is true that Bioshock is coming for the ps3??

Comment

Each system has it pros and cons. With the 360 you have the better games library(for now at least), and better online play, PS3 you have a more reliable system and full Blu-ray support.

In my opinion, if I were to get one, I would get the PS3. It's future proof, and has a web browser to boot. Again, that's only my opinion. I'm lucky enough to have both systems, but if I could have only gotten one, It would have been a PS3.

Comment

Very true malice, both are great systems. I wish the PS3 had a better library of games though. I felt that Resistance was a wash....

Comment

Originally posted by FeurMensch View Post
                    Well ti's a coin toss.

PS3:
                    1) Nearly outputs everything in 1080i/p.
                    2) Hardware is more reliable/stable than the X360 and has a failure rate around 0.05%.*
                    3) It also have nearly 100% support for PSX games and they look awesome in 1080i/p.
                    4) The PS3 doesn't have the best Multiplayer network though.
                    5) Built in support for Blu-Ray media.
                    6) Great DVD upscaling.

X360:

1) Has a wider range of quality titles out and better online multiplayer services.
                    2) Has support for PC-X360 connection for media.
                    3) limited backwards compatibility.
                    4) No native 1080i/p support, only upscales to 1080i/p so no "Ture HD" experience.**
                    5) Have to buy separate add-on to play HD DVD discs.
                    6) Poor DVD upscaling.
                    7) Hardware isn't stable and has a high failure rate.

* PS3 doesn't have the 'RRoD' and it doesn't crap out, failure rate isn't accurate in my post.
                    **The 360 only upscales to 1080i and most of it's games are either 480p/720p native.

So there are trade offs and some drawbacks to both. But it's really up to you. As for us, we have both.
                    Just to comment, you can connect the PS3 to a PC or Mac and stream media as well

Really, it comes down to exclusives. The libraries are damn near identical at this point. You just have to ask yourself : Final Fantasy or Mistwalker games, MGS vs Whatever, Halo and Gears vs Warhawk, Resistance, and all. Just take a look at the true exclusives and buy what you want. For me, its mostly PS3 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ZERO View Post
                      thanks a lot guys,i think i buy a ps3 then i want to play MGS4 and some other games in the ps3,anyway it is true that Bioshock is coming for the ps3??
                      I don't believe so. All I can find is rumours and people's desperate hopes, and I'm sure I heard it was to be a Microsoft exclusive. On the other hand, if your PC has the power you can get the PC version and run that instead.

Comment

PS3 all the way. It has better hardware and less crashes.

Comment

@FeurMensch

Actually, most games are 720p native on PS3. It does have quite a bit more 1080p native titles than the 360, but no cigar. Games also have to support the output since the hardware doesn't upscale lower HD to 1080i/p. That's one gripe CRT owners had back at launch. If a game didn't support 1080i and only 720p, they were stuck with 480p.

Also the 360 hardware does in fact upscale to 1080p, even lower HD resolutions. There are a few native 1080p titles on the console (multiplatform ones).

One major difference that even the press/reviews don't mention is audio. The PS3 is a far more robust system in that regards with both Dolby and DTS support, and even LPCM (most of time it's lossless) for games. Even if you use Toslink, the output quality is actually better on PS3.

On topic, I agree that it does boil down to exclusives and Borman is dead on. Most games are multiplatform, and unlike the first half of 2007, they're pretty much identical nowadays.

Comment

Another war of consoles?
                            Oh well, I can't be bothered in this topic and so will only post once:
                            The PS3, as it has way less problems than Xbox 360, PS1 backwards compatibility for 99.9% games.
                            Online is STILL good, and there is going to be like a "Second Life" app called PlayStation Home.
                            Oh, and the games are overall, better. Sorry, but the Xbox 360 games bore me. Apart from Oblivion, Tomb Raider and Project Zero.
                            *Restrains from posting again in this topic*

Comment

War? Am I missing something or does it look like everyone has a neutral stance and sound advices.

I've merely correct a misconception about the 360's output resolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X