SH:HC Some new videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH:HC Some new videos

Gametrailers has a few new videos on their site and the game doesn't look half bad. Definitely still needs a bit more polish though. That woman sort of floated up on that chair after talking to Alex.

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Edit:

Combat doesn't look half that bad! That bar on the corner is a health bar.
    Last edited by alf717; 05-15-2008, 03:02 PM.

Graphics still look good! Looks freaky! Looks <3.
    Alex still looks like a donkey. Thumbs down there.
    3/4.
    Last edited by Gradon; 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I agree the graphics look good. The button mashing feature is back but like in Origins it kind of grows on you. Gives you that sense of not playing sloppy so you have to break out the heavy artillery when necessary to avoid confrontations like that.

Comment

Am I the only the one who thinks SH:HC looks like a PSP port?
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

PSP? Come on the game look a lot better than Origins. Granted it is not Team Silent but it does look promising.

Two new video were added. The new video with the nurses showing knife wounds is a nice touch up.

Comment

Bit of a pain in the arse that i can't watch Flash movies on GameTrailers for some reason

Comment

Personally, I think Homecoming looks like shit. Graphics wise and as a game in general.

Homecoming will probably be the final nail in the series' coffin.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                Personally, I think Homecoming looks like shit. Graphics wise and as a game in general.

I think it's inevitable. From the looks of it, the game went through quite a few changes and ended up like this; not that it was looking great on day one.

Graphically, the new Fatal Frame on Wii looks better. Hell, the 5 year old SH3 looks better in screens.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post

Agreed. Homecoming looks bad. The graphics are pretty bad at times. The combat and general gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I think it's strange considering they were touting that they could "fix" the combat in Silent Hill.

I doubt this will be a final nail in the coffin though. I imagine that after this, Konami will attempt to salvage the series by getting some of the Team Silent guys together. But they'll probably half ass it from there, giving them a small budget, for a Wii game or something.

The only way I can see Homecoming becoming good is if they had a massive delay. There's no way they can release this any time soon.

Comment

Thought you guys might find this interesting. An interview with Akira Yamaoka about SH:HC:
                    Here

Strange, he said that this is the first game in the series where your adventures begin outside the town Silent Hill. Bad translation maybe?

Comment

No, you goto Brahms.

Comment

SH3 start outside the town.
                        SH4 doesn't even take place in the town.

Comment

Originally posted by abbatoo View Post
                          Strange, he said that this is the first game in the series where your adventures begin outside the town Silent Hill. Bad translation maybe?
                          Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          SH3 start outside the town.
                          SH4 doesn't even take place in the town.
                          In SH3, the town seems to just be half a day's drive away... at best + the game starts with a little visit to the Lakeside Amusement Park.
                          In SH4, you're still fairly close to the town and you do drop by locations that "belongs" to the town. Whether or not you'd consider the darkness/other world/whatever you start in as being part of "Silent Hill" is probably up to the player to decide, but it at least has itself deeply dug down into the town from the very get-go.
                          In SH5, I guess you're starting on bare feet in Sheperd's Glenn (or whatever it's called), with no realy connections to the town and will somehow later find yourself on the topic of and on the way to Silent Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            In SH4, you're still fairly close to the town and you do drop by locations that "belongs" to the town. Whether or not you'd consider the darkness/other world/whatever you start in as being part of "Silent Hill" is probably up to the player to decide, but it at least has itself deeply dug down into the town from the very get-go.
                            Well, to be more accurate, you do go to Silent Hill in Silent Hill 4. The forest/orphanage and the Water Prison were both located within Silent Hill, somewhere around Toluca Lake.

Perhaps when he says how Silent Hill starts outside the town, he was just talking about how you begin at the very edge of town. Silent Hill 2 does the same thing, though you begin even further out.

Comment

Or maybe he meant that this is the first fully explorable town apart from Silent Hill.

Comment

Working...
                              X