DBZ Burst Limit (Demo) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBZ Burst Limit (Demo) Discussion

Well the Burst Limit demo came out today and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with the control scheme, but more that the combos are different from the Budokai series. I'm mainly mad because I had already was really formidable in Budokai 3 since I know how to do everything, the with the changes I have to learn an all new combo set. That kind of blows since the games was a so called "Budokai 4". The graphics on the other hand are awesome. The HD cell shading is nice and the player models are really good. I really can't find a fault with the models/environments. The audio is in Dolby Digital, but mainly sounds like a quad-stereo mix. So the audio is lackluster.
    All in all it's still going to be a good game. I can't wait to go Super Saiyan on people over XBL/PSN!

What did you guys think about the demo?

Just tried this demo out earlier on today actually. It's kind of a good thing that they mixed the control scheme up a little imo so that it's not just the exact same game with shiney new graphics...

If the controls were the same you could just waltz in, do every move and finish the game in a few minutes, instead of the learning curve there's supposed to be to allow you to spend time with the game. Plus multiplayer wouldnt be a challenge either

It's a little clunky with the controls, but thats just my preference of a dpad over a joy stick when it comes to fighting games, nor was I entirey sure how to do special moves till i suddenly was able to do a kamehameha wave haha.

The graphics are nice, as are the player models as you say. Pretty damn accurate and nicely created with little square edging or prblems with th lip synching (in the sense it looks like theyre talking, not that theyre bang on with the text).

I enjoyed it but it didnt last me long and i did find myself stuck in a never ending repetative combo of doing the same punches and kicks.

I reckon itll be fun, but short lived

Comment

Another dbz game
      whats new this time?
      I loved the dbz games and i LOVE THE SERIES OF THE ANIME.
      But each game had the same storyline, and yeah nothing much new.

Comment

Loved the anime.
        Hated every game concieved so far.

Whats so new about this game?

Comment

This game is supposed to be like the Budokai series, but it really isn't related to the series of games at all.

DBZ Budokai 3 was the best game in the series, ow can anyone hate that game??
          Last edited by FeurMensch; 05-18-2008, 07:14 PM.

Comment

i loved budokai 3 and the game after it, but thats it for me because they started bringing too many of them like battle 22 and what not. If i were to buy another one it'll be the one on the wii just for fun
            But i know it'll never happen but i would love for dbz to make a comeback in anime, as tbh its my fav anime and nothing will beat that imo.

Comment

Working...
            X