PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie?

Malice
10-07-2005, 05:39 AM
To add another generic topic to the list, What is your favorite
movie of all time?

Mine would be, well, uh, probably Happy Gilmore. Actually, scratch that. I can't pick an all time favorite movie because it's too damn hard. So I'll just say Happy Gilmore is ONE of my favorites.

BioHazardBlade
10-07-2005, 07:59 PM
aww shit, you had to ask. Dizzamn. Alright, I can't even fucking RANK these in any order, but here are my EQUALLY BADASS FAVORITES OF ALL TIME EVAR:

Clerks
The Matrix (only the first one)
Fight Club
Mallrats
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back
Dawn Of The Dead (original or 2004 remake, you pick)
The Crow
Snatch
Pulp Fiction
Boondock Saints

Dot50Cal
10-07-2005, 08:07 PM
The Thing = winnar :D

K5Blazer
10-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Dazed and Confused ;)

Death May Die
10-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Well what is a favorite movie? ONe you watch every time, and is as good as it was the first each time?

Even though I only accaully watched it once or twice the best "Made" movie I have seen is a film called
"Shinaers List" Only after see this movie did a reality of word hit me, giving them alot of meaning. So one can tell you, "hey, 100's of thousands died" ..but you really can't imaginite...if you can, then accaully seeing it stomp's it out. I think this movie set out to every thing it was made for.

RuStY
10-10-2005, 01:55 AM
whats not to love about Troy

James
10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Kill Bill Vol.1 and Vol.2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Resident Evil Apocalypse
Crash (2005)

hawaiian_dragon
10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

TheSelfishGene
03-14-2008, 05:14 AM
MEGA BUMP (watch out that dust doesn't get in your eyes!)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

kevstah2004
03-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Labyrinth
Falling Down
Blade Runner
Terminator 2
Candyman
Total Recall

nemesis_lover
03-14-2008, 06:36 AM
The film i watch the most is Star Wars ep6, but my fav film out of Star Wars is ep3, so yeah thats my fav but i'd love to add in Terminator because that was the first film that i really loved.
Other favs would be Rockey 4, Blade 2, Spiderman, Aliens, Lord of the rings (all 3) and matrix.
At the end of the day, theres just too many great films out there.

bungholio
03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Alien, The Terminator, Pumpkinhead 1, Hellraiser, Session 9, Jacobs Ladder, Donny Darko (think I spelled Donny right, or Donnie, forgot).

I'd probably pick Session 9. Greatest use of sound ever. That show is creepy.

RE-Hiro
03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
My pick are any good Zombie Movies ( Romero's "Dead" series, etc.) but to be more specific Resident Evil Movies!!!!

Actually i love horror, action (but action like X-men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four movies not like Rambo movies) and Sci Fi Movies!!

Also, hahaha, you all picked rough, badass movies!! hahah but taking the risk of being curny, i'll would say: Mean Girls. I watched it like a thousand times and it made me laugh everytime!!!!! :D

It's so hard to pick just one!!! >_<

Gradon
03-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Sonic The Hedgheog Movie.
A.K.A Sonic OVA.

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie is and always will be my favourite movie, sorry, love it so much!!!
I also like the music hehe. :P

Speaking of Mean Girls, someone made a Survival Horror - Mean Girls trailer on YouTube. Rebecca was the new girl, and Heather was the girl introducing her to the "type" of people, Jill being the "ESPC" person, and Ashley being the girl who loves herself.

Though, I've never watched Mean Girls, going to have to..

SinValentine
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
scarface, silence of the lambs, fight club, resevoir dogs, clerks, sin city, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, the machinist, batman begins

randomwab
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Escape from New York, Dawn of the Dead, The Thing, Aliens.

They're the first four that jumped into my head. There are alot more but they'd be the main ones.

Darkmoon
03-15-2008, 02:15 AM
A bunch of Asian horror movies that scare the living hell outta me in ways American and British ones usually fail to do. Sadly, I forget most of the titles. The trouble is finding one that remotely explains what happened.

Also, 28 Days Later...the movie the Resident Evil movies wishes they could be as good as. Of course, in Apocolpyse's case it probably wishes it could be as good as some YouTube zombie videos...

nemesis_lover
03-16-2008, 04:46 PM
oh god 28 days would have to be right up there in scary movies, well the ones that make you think, and then make you worried.
Just watched i am legend recently and i quite liked it, so thats the best film i've seen this year :)

Zomby
03-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Hm... I like any of the old Horrormovies (80's and up), too but my alltime favorites are :

Dawn of the Dead (1978, Ultimate Final Cut)
Day of the Dead
Zombi 2
Planet Terror
The Thing (rmk)
I am Legend
30 Days of Night
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
(28 Monthas Later) :lol:

And fucking hell "Diary of the Dead" don't seen yet :(

nemesis_lover
03-18-2008, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Zomby;24076]
I am Legend
= gr8 choice :D

And fucking hell "Diary of the Dead" don't seen yet :(
= gd heard it was poor

Yalmuk
03-18-2008, 09:13 AM
The Big Lebowski or a The Thing (remake). I really cant choose between those two...

Darkmoon
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
It can't be worse than the Zombie Diaries. That's a piece of crap up there with the RE movies.

cerberes
03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Kinda hard....there are so many

The Bonecollector
Fist of fury
The way of the dragon
Game of Death

Zomby
03-19-2008, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=Zomby;24076]
I am Legend
= gr8 choice :D

If you like that movie so much go to this WEBSITE (http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4949) there you have the differences between the two endings of the movie, of course it is in german language but you only have to look at the pictures :)

On top it is the normal ending and on the bottom there is the alternative ending ;)

TheSelfishGene
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=nemesis_lover;24109]

If you like that movie so much go to this WEBSITE (http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4949) there you have the differences between the two endings of the movie, of course it is in german language but you only have to look at the pictures :)

On top it is the normal ending and on the bottom there is the alternative ending ;)

Looks like one way to make a bad movie worse

I hate movies where monsters have a turn of heart.

nemesis_lover
03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=nemesis_lover;24109]

NO NO NO NO
im waiting for the blu ray copy of it in a week and half to watch this ending ;)
best scene "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE FRANK, LIKE WHAT THE HELL MAN, WHAT ARE DOING FRANK" or something along those lines, i've only seen it once so im not sure :lol:

Gradon
03-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Lmao!
"No! No! Frank! What the hell are you doing Frank! What the hell!"
Was my favourite line, I still wonder how Frank moved.

RE-Hiro
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
wasn't those monsters that moved frank????

Gradon
03-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I didn't think they had the intelligence to move him and lure the guy into his own trap. Weird.

RE-Hiro
03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't think they had the intelligence to move him and lure the guy into his own trap. Weird.

Me too, it's like the Zombies in Land of the Dead, they used Weapons!!!

Puma1
03-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Here's my list in no order
Goodfellas
The Godfather Trilogy
Batman Begins
Grindhouse (both flicks)
Pulp Fiction

I hold a special place in my heart for horror so I didn't add any horror film to the list.
(Especially zombie films like anything Romero and Zombi 2. RE films suck in my opinion)

TheSelfishGene
03-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time today. Very very enjoyable.

nemesis_lover
03-23-2008, 06:04 PM

ok this is off topic but i have to say, but Doc Will Smith did that trap, and took that guys girl/daugter/friend whatever, then later on they did it to him. i guess that took frank, seeing frank as wills friend, or close partner and this was how they knew he'd go towards frank in order to get him etc.
This is when will starts to releaise that these monsters are learning new things etc and are getting more intelligence. I guess it happens in most movies, like Alien 4, they knew to kill their mate in order to escape that prison they were in because their blood was acid, and killing their mate would produce acid, which would then make a hole in the floor. *takes breath*
So yeah how bout Silent hill as a fav movie, thought it was true to the games unlike some...tomb raider???

Gradon
03-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Tomb Raider was my favourite film when I was 8... >_>
They're good films, but not really true to the series. (Angelina? SHE'S NOT BRITISH!)
Silent Hill...I watched it a week ago, you won't believe HOW many times I shouted "I LOVE THIS SONG!", and "Oh My Fucking God! Pyramid Head!/Alessa!/Lisa!/Dahila!"
The only real difference was Dahila and The Cults intentions....

Darkmoon
03-24-2008, 02:39 AM
...and the names and sex of the main character, Sean Bean's character, Alessa herself, the complete lack of Sammael...etc.

It's kinda frightening that it's still the best game to movie yet.

Gradon
03-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Okay, I forgot some of them. :P
The main character being female and her daughters name Sharron, not Cheryl.
The only thing I was dissapointed in was the fact Pyramid Head was only in for...2 scenes? I don't recall seeing him after what he did to Anne.

Darkmoon
03-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah, he's not there for the second half of the movie. Possibly because there was no real reason for him to be there in the first place, really, but mostly because the costume was apparently quite painful.

Gradon
03-24-2008, 08:32 AM
They changed the shape of his head because it was too painful.
I guess your right, his purpose is quite random compared to Silent Hill 2's, I guess he was there to aprove to the series more.
I was also quite dissapointed in the fact, certain monsters are only in the film for one scene.
Examples being the grey children, straight-jackets, nurses, etc.
I think Silent Hill would have evenly placed these monsters around the whole town, and not just the school or something.

Darkmoon
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
The first fourty minutes are good, if you overlook Harry's sex change (My wife says it's because having a man run off with a little girl would be wierd...which begs the question why 'Sheryl wants holiday in Silent Hill is so wrong') but it goes downhill pretty fast once you hit the Chruch. Dahlia as a good guy drives me nuts.

nemesis_lover
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
i guess the main reason for triangle man in the film, is the same for when resident evil fans wanted nemesis to be in the first one, heck even a main tyrant.

en masse murder
03-29-2008, 10:00 PM
John Boorman's Excalibur ^_^

Predator
03-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Predator: Only the first one.
The Hitcher: Original
Jaws: First one.
Braveheart

Hcloud13
03-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Return To OZ.

Mr. Spencer
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Blade Runner

Helegad
04-15-2008, 03:19 AM
Here's my list in no order
Goodfellas
The Godfather Trilogy
Batman Begins
Grindhouse (both flicks)
Pulp Fiction

You gotta be kidding. Death Proof was the worst movie I've seen in years. It was just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and then finally some car combat comes along. The bits with the cars were good, but the talking was really tedious and boring. Just constant "fuck this, fuck that, fuck it all". I also really hated the way they done the 60's editing effects in the film. It really ruined the whole movie, especially when it's set in 2007.

Favourite movie? I've never really had an absolute favourite (except for Speed at one point; man, that flick rocks!), but I do like:

James Bond
Resident Evil (yes, I don't think they're crap at all)
Child's Play (not Bride/Seed of Chucky: they're really shit)
I Am Legend

And any recent movie that I've seen. I really anticipate the release of Quantum Of Solace (the next James Bond). Drillbit Taylor was pretty good too. Can't believe it got away with a PG rating though.

Puma1
04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've seen quite a number of Grindhouse flicks and they stay true to the formula. Not to mention those films made me realize what I want to study next fall for a career. Oh and after seeing No Country For Old Men so many times I have to add that films. It's slowly becoming my top choice. Not there yet though

Helegad
04-16-2008, 10:34 AM
True, I wasn't bashing his opinion though. I was merely extending mine.

MarkGrass
04-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Some of my favorite movies (other than horror) are:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Matrix
Harold & Kumar go to White Castle
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
Tango & Cash
The Crow
Crank

Death Proof was the worst movie I've seen in years. It was just talk

I tend to both agree and disagree. I love anything Kurt Russell does, he's a tremendous actor IMO. The movie did drag on a hell of alot, but it was worth it in the end.

XRebirthX
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
My favorite movie? Shaun of the Dead. By far. I also love the Dawn of the dead movies, Versus, Fight Club, Evil Dead, etc. I could list more, but basically those are them.

aris13
08-20-2008, 08:31 AM
1. The Godfather Part 2
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Scarface
4. Vertigo
5. The Good The Bad And The Ugly
6. The Big Lebowski ( the dude abides )

himher_elle
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Down of the dead and Shaun of the Dead