Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Remember that name? Made a big impression a few years ago then totally disappeared? Well, apparently, it's somewhat set for a September release date, if IGN, Amazon, Game and a few other places are anything to go by. I hope it's correct, i know the games still being made.

Sounds like a direct Max Payne rip off...

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
      Remember that name? Made a big impression a few years ago then totally disappeared? Well, apparently, it's somewhat set for a September release date, if IGN, Amazon, Game and a few other places are anything to go by. I hope it's correct, i know the games still being made.
      It "disappeared" as I suspect the game is heavily story driven, and thus spamming screenshots/news on a daily basis would do nothing good.

Anyway, it's still on track, but I personally have no clue what their target release dates are... guess they're keeping a low profile just to see now what fellow genre titles such as Rainy Woods, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Alone in the Dark 5 and Resident Evil 5 has to offer + what other big games "in general" are set for release later this year so they can find the best release frame.

Originally posted by Helegad
      Sounds like a direct Max Payne rip off...
      Care to elaborate?

They seem to be totally different games with only three things in common;
      -Both are Story driven (or well, Alan Wake at least seems to be heavy on story)
      -Both have titles named after the main chars who've got little puns for names
      and most importantly:
      -Both are games made by Remedy Entertainment

Comment

I'd say the dates won't be spot on. Remedy are an off shoot of the old Gathering Of Developers Games team, and have links to the old GT and 3D Realms groups... and much those developers, and Remedy, subscribe the to "when it's done" release schedule (to their credit they've far better than the developers on Duke Nukem clearly).

Comment

Another major thing they have in common is that their worlds are turned upside-down when it's not their fault.

Comment

Have not heared about that game foe a long time. I heared that developers started to completely rermade it now, so it is repeating the story of RE4.
            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I'm still very interested in Alan Wake. Max Payne and The Fall of Max Payne were fantastic games and I have every faith that the silence is simply Remedy perfecting the game. It really does look like the next step in what Silent Hill should be taking. After all, it seems to have been created from the same influences as Silent Hill (Twin Peaks, The Mist, Phantoms and such).

On an interesting side note, Alan Wake is one of the few games that a lot of my friends constantly ask me about. They're all what I would have called casual gamers (before Wii came along), as in, they bought a 360 for Gears of War, and have only really played a handful of games since, yet Alan Wake is something that is fresh on there mines. Max Payne must really have made an influence on them all.

Comment

So i had a read of the Max Payne movie script and um, i can't help but feel they've not really played the game. It's not bad, but it's not true to the game. Plus Nicole Horne is only in one scene, on the phone, 7 lines. Piss! She was the best evil-head-of-evil-corporation ever! It's just not that great, could have been a hell of a lot worse though. I'm sure how i pictured it in my head won't be how it'll be on screen, i'm sure they'll fuck up that, and probably chop a bunch of the film making it crap. But at least Uwe Boll isn't doing it, that's something. Oh but Nelly Furtado is in it, which is low. I'll post the link if anyone wants it (or you can go find it yourself, it's not hard)

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                  So i had a read of the Max Payne movie script and um, i can't help but feel they've not really played the game.
                  Why am I not suprised...
                  The only game-based movie that really follows the game (or at least really tries to do so) was the first Mortal Kombat. Others are just like "lets get the title, character's name and look and then throw story from the game through a window". :/

Comment

The game got delayed until 2009..

I'm a huge fan of the Max Payne games, and I believe that the developers of Remedy and writer Sam Lake, will make Alan Wake as amazing as those were (and still are)!

Comment

How can a game with no release date be delayed?

Comment

Apparently you can see the trailer for Max Payne (or a rough cut of it) but doing THIS survey, but i couldn't get it to work. The only picture leaked is this which doesn't show much

Comment

That's great and everything...but this is the Alan Wake thread.

Comment

I made it, i'll do what i want with it

Comment

New Cinematic Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41821.html

Last edited by doomed; 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X