Dead Rising (European Ver) Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising (European Ver) Help

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can help me here. Does the European version of Dead Rising have the following text on it during load screens? In the USA one its only in English, but I don't recall the UK one ever having all these languages at once. Does anyone know?
    Attached Files

Yeah, that's normal I believe. I'd double check but a friend is borrowing it.

Comment

Yes, it has the text in various languages.

Comment

From the looks of it, they are :

English
        French
        Slovakian
        Italian
        Portugese
        Last edited by Project Omega; 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Cool. Is there any more differenses? I've played in american version.
            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Yes, the European version has the loading screens in multiple languages.

The languages you see should be:

English
              French
              German
              Italian
              Spanish

This is what's called an "M5" localization (or "FIGS").

Comment

Saltokick is german? My language analyzer spit out Slovakian as the language :S I personally thought it was spanglish for Jump Kick.

Comment

Well, the word "saltokick" isn't exactly German, but google it and you'll see it's a valid term in German for Somersault Kick.
                  It's a case of borrowing foreign words.
                  (Kick we all know and salto means the same as a somersault, though... I guess they might use "salto" in German, at least we use it in Norwegian).
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 05-30-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

ah to go to jills sandwich agian, pick up some juice and grab the knife. You know what a d.r 2 would get me as excited as r.e 5 tbh

Comment

Dead Rising never really drew me in from the very begining like most other Survival Horror games do. I think it's the timer. I don't like games telling me how long I can play. Which is probably why I suck at levels that are heavily time based (see Call of Duty 4's Mile High Club on Veteran achievement). I think I probably just haven't given it enough play time yet since anytime I would die and have to start over from the begining of the game I'd kind of just give up... I know you can keep your level and similar stats but to redo everything over again isn't all that cool.

Comment

i agree, to put a timer on a game like that, which really IMO was a very fun and entertaining game that if there wasn't a time, i'd of really done alot more things, along with my camra, like set up fun pictures or just spent more time on achivements or looking around the full mall without worring about the time etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                          Dead Rising never really drew me in from the very begining like most other Survival Horror games do. I think it's the timer. I don't like games telling me how long I can play. Which is probably why I suck at levels that are heavily time based (see Call of Duty 4's Mile High Club on Veteran achievement). I think I probably just haven't given it enough play time yet since anytime I would die and have to start over from the begining of the game I'd kind of just give up... I know you can keep your level and similar stats but to redo everything over again isn't all that cool.
                          Yet you like Outbreak..hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Yet you like Outbreak..hmm.
                            Healers and pills actually slowed down the virus gauge, so you can extend your time. That aside, you still had plenty of time to get events and if you didn't, it doesn't affect the outcome much. Not to mention that scenarios are relatively short if you know your way, and can last 30 minutes the first time around (the longest).

DR restricted your time, yet the core gameplay was encouraged with the level system. It played like a gory old hack and slash game. But if you miss an event for whatever reason (first time play with boss fights taking long etc.), you get an ominous message "the truth has been lost". Then you have to make a decision between just play mindlessly until the 3 days are up, or re-start.

The Outbreak save system was out of place because of the relative length of the game. Ultimately, there aren't many flaws, and it's still a much better original effort than LP IMO. The sequel potential are greater too.

Comment

Oddly enough I never missed a case on my first play through with Dead Rising. I didn't even follow a guide either. Saved as many people as you could too.

Comment

Working...
                              X