These PS2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These PS2 games

Has anybody played them? are they any good.
    Run Like Hell
    Extermination
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

I got RLH for the X-Box not to long ago, but it's still in my queue to play before the year is over... Older games keep getting pushed back father and father when new games come out

Comment

Haven't you even played it yet!? The first thing I do when I buy a new game is try it out.

PS: I love Deus Ex! :p

Comment

I've played Extermination many years ago. It became a bit of a joke around here because it was the game that everyone never wanted (ie. you'd find dozens of copies in bargain bins, second hand stores and sections, and it would always be one of the first things rental outlets got rid of).

The game is fairly generic and before Universal made the Thing game it was probably the closest to The Thing someone had done (weird creatures in snowy areas). It's not an amazingly well bulit game or very visually amazing, but it was one of the first gen PS2 titles and so it wasn't bad. I don't know how well it would hold up now though... I recall it being kinda blocky looking.

Another game worth looking out for was a title made by Sony also called Ghosthunter. I never saw too many copies of it, but it was very decent looking visually and played quite well. Can't recall if I finished it though.

Comment

The Thing is really good. I love that game. Has the creep factor 10/10. However, the speech in my PC version stuffs up alot, so I miss out on some plot points.

Comment

The Thing was a brilliant game - the atmosphere and trust mechanic that was implemented made it something that was truly memorable.

As for the original posters request, I've managed to play both, and let me tell you they both aren't so good =/

Run Like Hell was an alright game and is probably the most accessible now. The Xbox version features an extra level, some new enemies and downloadable costumes via Xbox Live as well. It takes place in a space station sometime in the near future, and is primarily a third person action game. The gameplay was kinda like Resident Evil, but it also incorporated semi-QTE events in which you flee from an invisible (yes, invisible) enemy while attempting to move around and over different obstacles. I finished the game but kind of regretted it. I think there were sequels planned (judged by the ending) but unfortunately it didn't yield enough profit to make it viable.

Extermination is definitely more of a survival horror game compared to Run Like Hell, and was quite enjoyable back when I played it at the PS2's launch, but is unfortunately REALLY outdated now, as it was a showcase used to show off the PS2's power back in the day. Basically a distress call comes from an arctic area, squad goes in to fix things and gets more than they bargain for. With a protagonist dying in the first hour, Extermination didn't hold back. The game also feature an infection meter too, which would affect your character by reducing maximum health, increasing susceptibility to certain elements and other effects. Evil Unleashed (rather perplexingly) did some coverage on the game a few years ago, it's still available here

Hope I have helped.

Comment

The Thing was let down by the bulls**t trust system. Your teammate changing was not based on leaving them alone, it was based on trigger points in the level, so you could test someone, they'd be human, you run down a hall straight afterward and they'd turn, simply because you hit a point in the map. Other than that though, I enjoyed what I played of the game.

I really enjoyed Extermination back when it came out, although I have not played it since and I imagine it hasn't held up well.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about those flaws.

It kinda defeats the whole trust system.

I reckon it should have been completely random.

Comment

Run Like Hell suffered even more by the fact that it was delayed, a lot, so by the time it came out, it didnt stand up nearly as well as it could have.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                    The Thing was let down by the bulls**t trust system. Your teammate changing was not based on leaving them alone, it was based on trigger points in the level, so you could test someone, they'd be human, you run down a hall straight afterward and they'd turn, simply because you hit a point in the map. Other than that though, I enjoyed what I played of the game.

I really enjoyed Extermination back when it came out, although I have not played it since and I imagine it hasn't held up well.
                    Yea the trust thing really was a flawed feature in the game but it's still a great game. The first time playing threw I thought leaving them alone would change them but after a while just caught to the trigger points.

Comment

Working...
                    X