E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3

E3 is next month, and I was trying to look on their website to see about tickets. Is it me or has it been closed to the public? I remember being able to buy tickets to E3 like the year before last. Now, it seems to be all exclusive and stuff. What gives?

They made it closed to the public last year and its closed to the public this year.
    I also heard e3 is a lot smaller this year.

Comment

Aw, phooey.

Oh well. I had $2000 saved up for the round-trip plane ticket, 4 night hotel stay, and the tickets. I guess it's time to open up that IRA I've been wanting to do for 5 years now

Comment

You could always hold off, save up a bit more, and go to the Leipzig or Toyko Games events later in the year.

Myself and Pure Evil, who used to run Beyond Evil years ago, kept planning and planning to go to E3 every year between like 2003 and 2007. Finally in late 2006/early 2007 we looked like we'd get the chance to both go and then it got cancelled and changed.

Comment

That has to have sucked. I could have gone to E3 in 2004 since I had the money and was going to be in California that year staying with my aunt and uncle in San Francisco.

I grossly under estimated how large California is and a drive from San Fran to LA is about 400 miles (give or take). Since I had no car up there and it was a "family" get-together I was going there for, no one wanted to drive me 6 hours to get to expo and then drive back another 6 hours.

Give my regards to PE the next time you speak
          Last edited by Project Omega; 06-09-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

e3 has always been closed to the public. Its just before, you could apply with your credentials, while now its invite only.

Comment

It looks pretty public from the pictures I've seen.

Comment

It wasn't. It was just easier to forge your way in.

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty much the idea <_<

Atleast with me anyway. I was going for valid reasons though, not just to gawk at booth girls or drool over survival horror releases >_>
                  Last edited by Project Omega; 06-10-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I see her very infrequently, but will do PO.

In 2000 and 2001 I was offered tickets through my hosting with the defunct eUGames that I was working for. Of course had I actually thought about it in 2000 I probably could have wrangled them to pay for everything, but I didn't know that at the time. 2002-2004 GameSpy offered my friend who is still hosted with them tickets, which is why I may have possibly gone in the latter two years.

After that I probably could have still managed to get in on the amount of work still being done on REFan until 06. The 07 event we were working out an angle... and the easiest thing for me to do was contact one of the NZ based media sites and say, I'm free to pay for an E3 trip all I need to do is have you guys back me up for the accreditation - and I'll then write you articles from there. Of course, as I said... it all went pear-shaped before I had the chance to organize anything though.

Comment

I'd love to go to E3... pity they've downgraded it this year. It used to look so cool...

Comment

Yes we may never see E3 in its previous glory again. But I would still liked to visit it this year.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

E3 isn't what is was in the past years. I heard that last year it was small, unorganized and many developers didn't even show. I think with what some of the gaming sites report on, its the best we will get on new games.

Comment

Unfortunatly it is true, but it is better than nothing.
                            Last edited by Nomad9026; 06-20-2008, 01:47 AM.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Alot of Developers pulled out this year, can't blame them to be honest.
                              Last years E3 appeared to be a glorious trainwreck of epic proportions.

Comment

Working...
                              X