Hell Night by KONAMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell Night by KONAMI

After my brief stint with that odd PS2 game that I posted, I have come across yet another release, this time looks like an ATLUS x Konami collaboration. Has anyone heard of it before? Was it any good? Scary? Compelling? I don't want to spend the time tracking it down if it's not good =P

The menacing 'Holy Ring' religious cult is increasing its presence in the city. Passengers have been disappearing from the Tokyo Subway and it's whispered that the cult is involved. (Remember the real-life tsarin gas attacks? Then you will understand some of the fears in modern Japanese society which are fueling Hell Night.) There's even a serial killer on the prowl down there.

In the game you play a nameless Tokyo citizen numbed by the clockwork quality of life. You're returning from work one evening on the train when there's a shock crash - and as you and a schoolgirl pick yourselves out of the bloody rubble, a demonic beast emerges from the train having slaughtered everyone onboard. With Naomi you flee blindly into the underground tunnels pursued by the monster...

It mixes first-person adventure elements, point-and-click puzzles, RPG character quests and survival horror 'Flee In Terror From The Monster' episodes

It was released as "Dark Messiah" in Japan and in the EU as "Hell Night". It's recieved pretty good reviews albeit still being a sleeper hit. Since it hasn't been released in the states I haven't really heard of it untill I searched for it just now Sounds like an interesting game...

Comment

Totally not the Hell Night I was thinking of. I was thinking the arcade one. Disappointed

Comment

Sounds like a cool game. Might get it for my PS1. God knows I need a change from Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.

(P.S: Talking about sleeper hits, Deus Ex would have been as big as Oblivion if it was advertised/hyped more. I'm disappointed about that. I feel it should have been more well known than it is now.)

Comment

I love Deus Ex, but it's nothing like as good as Oblivion or, in the action/RPG realm, Mass Effect. It's got a good story and it's fun to play but trying to do anything other than killing your way out of situations fails most times. Oblivion, on the other hand, allows you do almost exactly what you want. You can ignore the main storyline in favor of robbery and assassination, go on a week long dunegon crawl, and when you go back to the main story it's decent with some of the best voice acting I've ever heard.

I think I recall playing Hell Night a long, long time ago. I remember...plane crashes and a girl. And this monster dude following me around who had a serious asthma problem. It was a good game but I only played a little and had no cash at the time, since I was a kid, so I can't say much more.

But I did find this - http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.c.../hellnight.htm

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Working...
          X