OFLC's opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFLC's opinions

I was reading the 99-00 report for the OFLC's ratings, and there was this paragraph that confused me:

"Silent Hill was also discussed at the
    MA/RC border. This game is essentially
    a first person shooter with some puzzle
    elements included."

Did I miss something?

PS: The report is actually quite interesting...

The arcade game maybe?

Comment

Hmmm... could well be.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
        Hmmm... could well be.
        Not in a 1999-200 report. The OFLC are idiots. Chalk it up to that.
        sigpic

Comment

Lol, speaking of which, I'm suprised they let Scarface: The World Is Yours by. That game is way more offensive than San Andreas, even with the Hot Coffee mod. But I love both games anyway!

Comment

Just to add how silly it is, the Australian (and European version) were delayed almost a year after the US version came out so clearly there isn't anything to read into.

I imported my copy of Silent Hill along with a copy of RE3 from the US (of which I both later sold - and very much regret doing so) in late 1999 because of the delays in both games in the PAL area.

As for Scarface Vs. GTA, for sure... GTA's just the bigger name which just gives bigger reasons for anyone to make a song and dance over it. Our system here seems to be a little more sane than in Australia, the only games ever blocked in NZ are Manhunt and Manhunt 2, Postal 2, and the Reservoir Dogs videogame. In all cases the censor decided as the violence depicted was senseless with no consequences it was unsuitable for sale.

The other thing Australian outcries screwed over was the PAL release of Twisted Metal Black. A mental health organization there called (pun intended clearly) SANE complained about members of a mental asylum piloting vehicles with the intent on killing people... so the PAL version, unlike the US, basically has no CG FMV aside from the final credits video, and thus story mode at all.

Comment

Working...
            X