Mega Man 9!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Man 9!

If there is one series that I absolutlely love more than Resident Evil it is Mega Man. This is the greatest gaming news I have heard in such a long time. My first Mega Man title was Mega Man 3. The old school 8-bit feel is welcomed with open arms for me. Mega Man 9 is confirmed to be a Wiiware title that will retain the old school 8-bit feel of the original NES classics.

Inti Creates, a group of former Capcom staffers that worked on the first three Mega Man X games, the team behind the Mega Man ZERO and Mega Man ZX series, is slated to work on this game.
    Last edited by alf717; 06-27-2008, 02:52 AM.

Im a huge fan of Megaman, but this stinks of epic Fail.

Comment

Seems like eternal victory to me.

What's wrong with it?

The Zero series is by far the best thing to've happened to the franchise in recent years. (With possibly the exception of Powered Up)

ZX was pretty sweet too, but maybe a bit too easy in the long run?
      ZXA was "different", but hey, it contained this awesome bonus!

IntiCreates is gonna make hot WiiWare sex out of this one, for sure
      (Just hope the music and new bosses are good, and that the game doesn't suffer from the 4 and up issue of the entire franchise where the charge beam is your weapon of choice in almost all situations)

Now, where are my NDS ports of Legends 1-2 + Tron Bonne + evt. a Legends 3? (I'm fine with the cellphone game they announced... as long as I can get it!)

Comment

It's hitting all 3 consoles. It wasn't listed for Wiiware until Nintendo Power scans surfaced, so this may indicate a true multiplatform trend in their future network titles:

More sequels to come? You'd think at some point someone would've thought it'd be great to create some higher risk, lower budget titles for downloads, but sequels are it. Or HD remakes; let's not forget about those.

EDIT: False alarm, it's Wiiware only. Check the link again.
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-01-2008, 10:24 AM.

Comment

It seems Capcom has stated that it is indeed WiiWare only but hey E3 may make fools of us all.

Anyway here is an update from GoNintendo.com with a brief video of Mega Man 9 with what looks to be a tentative release date of September 2008.

edit: Official US trailer!

Looks like the Live and PSN are getting it as well. Wonder if they will upscale the game for 1080P?
          Last edited by alf717; 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Got this straight from a Capcom Email :

Hi guys,

With Mega Man 9's release just around the corner, Capcom is celebrating the old school original blue bomber's ninth iteration with a massive screen blast! We've uploaded 35 screens and 10 pieces of art for you rabid Mega Man fans.

We've also just confirmed our release dates.

Wii Ware – September 22, 2008
            PSN – September 25, 2008
            XBLA – October 1, 2008
            Last edited by Project Omega; 09-19-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
              Got this straight from a Capcom Email :
              I saw this over at the Capcom Unity blogs earlier today. I cleaned out older games and apps from my Wii so I'm ready for some Mega Man 9 action this Monday.

Looks like IGN reviewed it but I'm staying far away from any possible spoilers.
              Last edited by alf717; 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Duke Nukem, Mega Man 9 AND Wipeout HD in the same week?

WORKS FOR ME!

Comment

It's out!

Finally got through two robot master stages. This game packs a challenge and is a lot of fun. What do you guys think of it?

Comment

I gotta wait till October 1.

Stu, are you aware if Wipeout will make it to the 360?

Comment

WipEout's got absolutely zero chance of making it to the 360, it's one of Sony's flagship titles sorry dude!

Comment

Get your T-shirts ready!

We barely announced our own? Monster Hunter Community College post-launch event (it’s gonna be big!) and I already started seeing community members getting some movement organizing their own events… like this one, by Unity member Owen ! Surely, they’ve been working on it before even knowing about the? MHCC , but they’re on separate weekends, […]

Comment

On the Wily stages myself..

Comment

Gotta wait till next week for this :-\

Comment

Just started the download on the US PSN with Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD.

Comment

Working...
                              X