OBSCURE : The Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBSCURE : The Aftermath

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]Has anyone played this yet? I recently bought this game and only just started it. My impression so far is that it seems to be a mix of Resident : Outbreak , Siren, and some Silent hill. and even a bit of the first Clock Tower in it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Not to be rude, but already made a topic about it here.
    You might wanna post in that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      Not to be rude, but already made a topic about it here.
      You might wanna post in that one?

True...

Well we did have it for a while as my brother one a copy from Fangoria, but we sold it since it sucked so bad... Stay away!!

Comment

With all respects to Gradon : I didn't see any other Obscure threads. I am sorry.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first game, was a bit of a challenge trying to keep everyone alive to get the true ending, i have yet to play the sequel though

Comment

I've never played the first one. This one was a tiny bit buggy. The very last battle, the boss vanished for no reason and I had to restart.
            Just before I got to him while I was still in the frat groups place (that delta library or whatever it was that was just after that big room that has the 3 symbols light up when you spin those 3 things that light up the floor so you can get the 3 numbers off the pillars to get through the door), there was a certain spot I could stand and for some reason I got that little thing that said I could pick something up or whatever. I pressed X, and the game froze.

This game was kind of tough. I just kept pummeling the enemies with a golf club or something and they just kept knocking me down. I went though the whole game with almost no health and I used every health item the second I got it.

It was a bit short. As far as I can tell, they is no way to save anybody or anything. They die no matter what you do. Just one way through the game with one ending. And you don't unlock anything once you beat it, nothing to motivate you to play it twice.
            Last edited by bungholio; 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

aww that sucks a bit, i'll probs purchase it and give it a go

Comment

I must admit I'm a touch surprised. The first one had five ending, depending on which of the playable characters you managed to save, and a New Game + mode I seem to recall. Sounds like they half assed this one.

Comment

Number 1 had all that?
                  Damn! I need to get the first.
                  And yes, ObsCure 2 only had one ending and no extra's.
                  Still an awesome game.

Comment

Yep, there was an ending for each character and then an extra ending if you managed to save every character.
                    The first one sort of played out like a movie i think

Comment

Got both games, but I'm too lazy to play it.
                      Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmmmm So no one else sees the connections to Siren and Resident : Outbreak? Maybe it's just the idea of being in a group and having to keep the others alive.

Comment

I haven't played Siren, but I can see where you're coming from with Outbreak.
                          Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

I didn't liked the second game but the first was great, I managed to beat the game with all the characters alive, from the first time, but just as the final boss is dead the game stopes working Can someone tell me whats in that extra ending.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

There isn't anything that exciting,

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X