Final Fantasy 7 NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy 7 NES

Yeah I couldn't believe it too when I stumbled upon this number lol . It seems the guys that created the Biohazard NES game also created Final Fantasy 7 also, started playing it and yeah its in Chinese but so far its following the story, i'm amazed how they manged to create a materia system using only the main ram info for a nintendo ROM. anyway link below has info about it.

I'd like to give this a go, but I can't read Mandarin (yet) D:

I know I wanted a portable version of Final Fantasy 7 (my DS can play NES roms) but this is kinda pushing the envelope.

Comment

Because people just can't get enough Final Fantasy VII these days.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Wow... cool. Is it complete?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          Wow... cool. Is it complete?
          well from the stuff about it, the materia system is very basic IE only one materia is assigned to each character, characters are also reduced Vincent and Yuffie don't exist. No limit breaks, and the game has been shortened slightly so mideel and wutai don't exist, the weapons from the crater also don't exist but other than that everything is more or less the same.

Comment

Any random and frequent crashings like BioHazard NES?

Comment

No for some reason this has no crashes like the biohazard rom, runs perfectly well in Nestopia.

Comment

It's very interesting. But we shouldn't forget that this is an illegal hack.
                But I could like it even more if it would be translated into English or (better for me) German.

Comment

I reckon it's good enough for an English company to pick up, translate, and produce it.

Oh, hang on. NESes aren't made anymore, eh? Damn.

Comment

could still a hack translation but i only know that you need the character tables from the japanese and english version of the rom, other than that I ain't a clue of where to begin.

Comment

Translation would only need a English and Japanese fluent person, who would take an interest in retyping thousands of lines in a file.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                        Translation would only need a English and Japanese fluent person, who would take an interest in retyping thousands of lines in a file.
                        If only we could find someone like that xD

Comment

Working...
                        X