X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prince of persia

i've been playing sands of time recently it's good

does anyone else like this series?

and is anyone excited about the new one they're making? the dude sent me some vids of it today and it looked good, probably a little weird with the acrobatics but i thought it was nice otherwise
    Last edited by SinValentine; 07-17-2008, 09:11 PM.

I like PoP series, beated all 3 latest games and had lots of fun. But the new game, yeah it's looking good but its another remake that has nothing to do to previous games
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

With good reason, Two Thrones concluded the Sands of Time series fully so theres no reason to continue it.

Comment

Well didn't said it's a bad reason it's just a nostalgia and all that stuff...
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Game play wise it looks fine, but I don't like this very Final Fantasy-ish looking design aspect they've got going on. Story sounds like poos as well.

Comment

Yeah, and no more fighting lots of bad guys, the game is more about one-on-one duel combat.

Comment

I got the Sands Of Time for GBA, and it was a good game, albeit extremely difficult. Never finished it, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                Yeah, and no more fighting lots of bad guys, the game is more about one-on-one duel combat.
                Makes sense though, Ubi-Soft admitted FINALLY after 2 bad POP games *combat wise* that they can't do mass melee combat, so focusing on 1-1 duels and making them good would be the best way forward.

I really like the new fantasy aesthetic though, if you want ultra-realism then pick assassins creed, I like the more Arabian Nights/Fantasy feel of this new game, I also thought the ingame videos shown so far look very promising.
                I just hope they don't wreck the story through their usual pitfall of casting generic american voice actors to portray the characters *cough*Generic American playing Altair while everyone else in that era had an accent*cough*

Comment

I think you've gotten my point the wrong way here... I don't want realism either, and I like the animated design look... but clearly the design team has taken a page from the Neo-Punk movement outside of this in it's character and environmental designs... and it doesn't suit what I consider to be Prince Of Persia's PERSIAN environments.

I'd be happy with the combat and game play with new story which matched the design aspects (and kept the animated design looks) as long as the characters actually looked like they should be where they are. Currently the whole thing looks out of place.

Comment

Anyone remember the commercial for the first Prince of Persia? The music that was played was pretty bad ass. DJ Melo-D - "Scratch In Time" is an awesome track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTXTfloA9k <3

I have it if anyone wants it (without the annoying "Slow Time", "Freeze Time", "Reverse Time" stuff).

Comment

I'm a fan of the series, i love the games but in all honesty looking at the new trailer i'm not that excited about the new game.
                      It has nothing to do with the previous games, the storylines where all wrapped up, no need to continue it.

Comment

yea i have the game ive beaten it lik 5-7 times it bores me now...

come to think of it i was gunna start a thread for this game a few months ago XD but for some reason i wasnt able to get past the home page of THIA
                        Last edited by Itashious_boy; 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember playing the original back on my beloved Amiga.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X