Favorite moment in the series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite moment in the series

What is your favorite moment in the series?

Mine is rather trivial, but it sure gave me a good fright back in the day. While playing Resident Evil 3, I kept hearing the Nemesis stalking music. I was in the RPD, and was going through the hallway leading to the second floor stairs. Suddenly, Nemesis burst out of the window with a rocket launcher and proceeded to beat me senseless.

One of my favorite moments because I was expecting him to come out one of the doors and it caught me totally by surprise.

Haha, great moment for you there then. ;)

I'm pretty much the same about being kind-of trivial about this sort of topic, as I've got so many favorite moments, but my number one favorite moment would have to be....

When the goddamned Nemesis just slams into the ground from out of nowhere and proceeds to lurch and lumber towards poor 'ol Chicken Heart, before he rapes his face with a tentacle. Lmao. Poor Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      What is your favorite moment in the series?

Mine is rather trivial, but it sure gave me a good fright back in the day. While playing Resident Evil 3, I kept hearing the Nemesis stalking music. I was in the RPD, and was going through the hallway leading to the second floor stairs. Suddenly, Nemesis burst out of the window with a rocket launcher and proceeded to beat me senseless.

One of my favorite moments because I was expecting him to come out one of the doors and it caught me totally by surprise.
      That was one of the scariest moments for me, which also means it was a fave.

I'd say another one...straight from the old school when the hunters first appeared, and then at the end when Wesker gets attacked by the tyrant.

Watching Irons get his in 2 was pretty damn funny too...simply because he was a creepy bastard that deserved it.

I also loved pretty much all of Dead Aim...considering my first play through only took an hour and 5 minutes to beat it was more like watching a movie. Fongling has to be one of the most underrated females in the series.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Either Joseph getting mauled or the zombie going into the dining room when you're playing as Jill (the 'Run, Jill, he's insane!' one).

I'm not entirely sure which of the two it was, but I'm sure one of them was the moment that made me ask my cousin if I could borrow the game.

Comment

The first time I played through a B mission in Resident Evil 2, and the game didn't end where I thought it would. I just loved how it had that 'false ending', just like Aliens.

But that's hard to recapture. My favorite part to do over and over and over would probably be playing RE3 with the knife. I just love shanking zombies.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Suddenly, Nemesis burst out of the window with a rocket launcher and proceeded to beat me senseless.
          I think that shot was on the back of the PAL box, because I knew it was coming. Maybe saw it in a magazine or something, but that part was spoiled for me
          sigpic

Comment

Hearing: "You were almost a Jill Sandwitch!" for the first time

Also, I loved it when Jill slapped Carlos. You go girl!

Comment

The moment Alexia awoke just as Alfred died, the emotion in that scene was awesome.
              You could see in ALfred's eye's both the joy that she was finally back and the experiment was a success and the despair that he was about to die and would never hold her again

Comment

Well, my favorite moment in the hole series, hell, in my whole gaming experience, would be playing re2 for the 1st time. Every single moment of that game was cut in my memorie and I will never forget it. And I can't but say about meeting Nemesis for the first time, that was something!
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

the live action opening of the original RE.

nothing comes remotely close.

Comment

Lol, makes me spew cheese just thinking about it!

Comment

I still want all RE games to have an opening like the first one did.
                      Does anyone know the names of the actors and the location it was shot?

One of my favorite moments is when you are in the pharmacy in RE3, The FMV of all the zombies breaking into the building and then all of a sudden you're trapped in a dead end.
                      I also like the moment when the zombie breaks out of the fridge in zero.

Comment

Each game has it's moments, they can't be directly compared. But I guess it would probably be completing RE2 for the first time (with Leon). It was a great experience all the way through, I even reloaded my save to complete the lab area again. I remember that day quite clearly, it was a nice sunny day and I was eating pizza. Nothing to worry about back then. I also played Broken Sword 2 afterwards which wasn't bad.

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene
                        The first time I played through a B mission in Resident Evil 2, and the game didn't end where I thought it would. I just loved how it had that 'false ending', just like Aliens.
                        This too. Leon B was (is) a great finale when I first played through it.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                          the live action opening of the original RE.

nothing comes remotely close.
                          Amen. The best part is the end segment, when the flames consume the screen and you get the character intros, with the awesome guitar work, the deep announcer voice-over, and the stiff actors' poses.

"Chris Redfield"

"Jill Valentine"

"Barry Burton" (listen for a really intense guitar riff here)

"Rebecca Chambers"

"Albert Wesker"

"RESIDENT EVIL!"

Nothing beats that, in my opinion. Though the first encounter with a Hunter (when you see the cut scene and start to shit yourself in anticipation...) comes close.

Comment

One of my favorite moments in the games is the game result screen and seeing an A or an S rank there

Aside from that, another one of my favorite moments would definitely have to be the endings for Decisions, Decisions. The multi-missle barrage hitting the city and the dramatic music that plays... An awesome scene.

Comment

mine whould be the first time playin REmake with the first crimson head incounter... i was scared shitless...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X