Resident Evil 4 Gamecube & PS2 comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 Gamecube & PS2 comparison

Ruliweb has published an interesting article. In it they compare screenshots from the PS2 demo to the final version of RE4 on Gamecube. While it should be noted that the demo could have things changed its still worth a read.

You can check it out by clicking here.

I was planning on doing this myself but since someone has already beat me to it I suppose Ill wait until the final version is released.

I wish I could read Korean..... But even so, the pictures tell a compelling story. Looks like they had to take out some effects and certain objects for the PS2 to be able to handle the game. But hey, I'm no tech guy. I just point out what I see.

Comment

when i look at the pics i see a differencs. but not drastic. but anyway i thought the demo was from a real early build of the game... it should be better now. and if not i dont care because i just watched the demo run through again and it looks increddible. it made me forget about the gc version.

Comment

The GC verison seems lighter, but however I still think the PS2 version has amazing graphics.

Comment

DED! woman in the shed looks better in ps2... leons hair looks muchhh better in gamecube... but then leon has a fatter ass in gc... ......................... sends :pacman: to eat up evidence of me saying that
          Last edited by K5Blazer; 10-11-2005, 08:48 PM.

Comment

This is the final build of the cube version of RE4 for sure? I only ask because the shots of Leon jumping out the window have more simplistic tree branches than that of the PS2 one. Just a little thing i know but it is something.

Well the dead woman in the cube one is better but I know what you mean, her face is clearer. That is due to the ambient light i guess. They probably decreased the ambient lighting in order to compensate for lack of shadow depth. I had a lecture on lighting in the 3D environment today. I was about to cry, talks to much shite!

Comment

Well we arent sure but it would make sense. The tree's being different are most likely because the PS2 couldnt handle all the extra polies.

Comment

Working...
              X