Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident evil: Degeneration Download from THIA when released??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident evil: Degeneration Download from THIA when released??

hi, as you all know the japanese version of degeneration will be out in October of this year, I was wondering

Will Dot perhaps hold a money collection so that the members can help THIA get their hands on the Jap RE when it releases?

When Dot has the DVD can he upload it to THIA for the members to download, I would pay for the DVD myself, but I really would rather wait until the englih Blu ray version is released before purchasing it, but then again I would also like to see degeneration ASAP.

Do you have any plans to do something like this Dot?

No. That's called piracy. Especially if money is taken in to support it.

You can order it online of various retailers that will have it. One that comes to mind that might have it would be www.PlayAsia.com and perhaps even www.Amazon.com might carry it...
    Last edited by Project Omega; 07-28-2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Why not wait?
      From what I've heard from G4, IGN, and even this site, it sounds like it comes out (in the US) like a day after its realeased in Japan.

Comment

Wouldn't the Japanese need added subtitles?
        So it's pretty much safe to say that vogue_dirge is right.

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
          it sounds like it comes out (in the US) like a day after its realeased in Japan.
          I doubt it. In Japan the film will have a theatrical release. In other countries it's straight to DVD. I think the US release will probably co-incide with the Japanese DVD release.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah sorry, this wont happen. Its a new commercial film and thats definitely overstepping the boundary.

Comment

Just wondering, what about RE4 Incubate? It was also a comersial thing, or there some period of time when stuff like that can be posted on sites, or you have paid for that?
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

you know there are many *other* methods of acquiring newly released movies as well.

Comment

Incubate was posted a few years after it was released commercially. Not much effort was put into making the "film", and it was mainly posted for completeness sake. You can't really compare Incubate's video with a full theatrical production.

Comment

I wasn't, now I get it, thanks.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I really can't imagine this movie being that big of a success, especially in Europe considering a week after FFVII Advent Children got Region 2 release I found it in various big game/video store bargain bins for £5.00 with the DVD poorly marketed, and poorly supplied in Anime sections of most stores.

Comment

The main reason FFVII-AC bombed in that sense was because everyone had grabbed it from Japan, no one wanted to wait months for them to get their asses in gear and release it everywhere else. If they release Degeneration worldwide at the same time, then it'll probably do quite well.

Comment

FFVII Bombed mostly because of what the topic opener proposed, net uploading of the movie, the fan subbing community had a field day with FFVII-AC too to the point where big FF sites were uploading AVI's of the full movie for open downloading.

I still predict that somewhere along the lines Degen will fall into the same trap of uploading, either that or it won't be adequately publicised in the west and fall by the wayside.

Comment

Well that was a big part of it to, but since Degeneration is English anyway, there won't need to be any pissing about dubbing it and releasing it (or there shouldn't be), so worldwide release should be fine.

Comment

Heres how you can get Resident Evil Degeneration shanemurphy.
                              Spoiler:

I hope it gets released in america at the same time.
                              Last edited by BLSR1; 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X