Half Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life

completed the first one years ago, now i'm going through on the orange box in 360, completed 2 episode 1 today and i'm at the end of episode 2, I never really got into fps games till i played this one, the whole concept of looking and hearing rather than having long cutscenes is what made the experience unique imo. Any other people played this?

I have the Orange Box, never completed it though haha.
    I loved Portal the best though. o.O

Comment

I have Half Life 1, Opposing Force and Blueshift I did have Half Life 1 for the PS2 as well but the control system was all over the place with the ps2's unresponsive analog sticks.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        I have the Orange Box, never completed it though haha.
        I loved Portal the best though. o.O
        Portal was just epic lol. I never played the additional games on the pc like blue shift, opposing forces etc they any good at all kevstah2004?

Comment

Oh yeah! I have Half Life for PS2, aswell.
          I loved the co-op mode.

Comment

Blue Shift is basically just Half Life 1 as a security guard it includes a Half-Life High Definition Pack also, Opposing Force starts off as you being a recruit getting drilled though a obstacle course an then you infiltrate the facility Opposing Force has online multiplayer modes too although I think all the servers are down now.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
              Blue Shift is basically just Half Life 1 as a security guard it includes a Half-Life High Definition Pack also, Opposing Force starts off as you being a recruit getting drilled though a obstacle course an then you infiltrate the facility Opposing Force has online multiplayer modes too although I think all the servers are down now.
              ah thanks kevstah2004 might try and find them or buy them off steam.
              I have the ps2 copy too lol but i ain't completed co-op yet, its on my to do list

Comment

Half Life's nothing but awesome.

Had a splurge on Steam a few months back, anything Half Life related on there, i bought.

The Orange Box is easily the greatest games package of all time as well.

I can't wait until episode 3 now, will sit down for a series playthrough in the weeks leading upto it's 2012 release!

Comment

I really liked Half Life 2. Solid story and great fun to play. I was surprised about how much fun I had playing Team Fortress 2. At first it didn't seem like the game I'd like, but it grows on you.

Comment

I am addicted to Team Fortress 2.

What are your favorite classes Omega?

Comment

I find myself being either one of three classes : Engineer, Medic, Scout.

I'm more of a supportive person I guess...

Comment

I've finished HL 1 and loved it to bits. Any game where killer bees are a weapon gets my vote I loved opposing force even more. Such an awesome expansion pack. Blue shift is TERRIBLE. I hated it. It took out everything cool and new added in opposing force, and then didn't add anything new itself (except skins... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

I can't wait to play #2. Buying a PS3 in less than 2 weeks. I've been very patient.
                        I also want to try TF2. I used to play heaps of TFC in my high school days. Back on a 56k modem... Those were the days.
                        Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I love the Half life series and the orange box.Portal is just awesome and Team Fortress 2 was great but now the pyro has too much going for it.

Comment

Half Life is EPIC, one game on million, no more no less. Actually you play as The Barny from HL2 in Blue Shift, and Yeah Opposite Forse is much better. It is to early to say something about Episode 3, exsept that I wait for it a lot. But I also wait for Black Messa Source, I was impresed by what I've saw on their site.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I've never been into HL, have and played all the games including preordering Orange Box on STEAM and finishing Portal, which to be honest was the best game in the series to me tbh.

Although I have to accept I really liked HL2 and Episode Two, but half the time I either don't get or couldn't care less about the plot.
                              Not to mention Gordon Freeman is almost as overhyped as the Master Chief.

Comment

Working...
                              X