Lightgun gaming on an LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightgun gaming on an LCD

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any Guncon 1 compatible light gun's which work on LCD screens and don't rely on a composite (yellow) video adapter. I've already got the PS2 gun solution, but it doesn't support PS1 games. I'd be getting this namely for Gun Survivor 1 (Japanese and Europe versions, since the US lacks guncon support).

I find Gun Survivor is better with a PS1 controller. That's just my opinion though.

Comment

American Survivor doesn't have Gun support?!
      No wonder the sequel never came out in America.
      I love playing Survivor with Guncon, but I have the PS2 version, and mine changes from Guncon 1-2 with the flick of a switch.

Comment

The American Survivor didn't have G-Con support because it was thought that it would 'encourage violence'.

Yeah right.

Comment

Actually the Columbine High School Shooting was the reason the US version lacked Guncon support, but frankly the games better off without it anyway.
          After buying the PAL version upon release I ended up discarding the guncon in favor of a controller anyway as it was more accurate.

Comment

I noticed that Dead Aim has USB mouse support. I remember buying a mouse for the PS1, thinking it would work on Clock Tower, but it never did... Mouse and console gaming systems never really worked for me, but I'd love mouse support in RE Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
              I noticed that Dead Aim has USB mouse support. I remember buying a mouse for the PS1, thinking it would work on Clock Tower, but it never did... Mouse and console gaming systems never really worked for me, but I'd love mouse support in RE Survivor!
              What! Really? How do you control Bruce then? With a keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                American Survivor doesn't have Gun support?!
                No wonder the sequel never came out in America.
                I love playing Survivor with Guncon, but I have the PS2 version, and mine changes from Guncon 1-2 with the flick of a switch.
                I don't know why but I can never play any of the survivor games with a guncon maybe its because i'm used to controllers rather than lightguns but I have used one playing all the survivor games just couldn't handle it.

Comment

I never tried #1 with the pad, jus the gun. I guess the pad is just as bad?
                  For Dead Aim I used the gun in my right hand, and the D pad in my left. MAybe something similar can be used with the mouse?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    What! Really? How do you control Bruce then? With a keyboard?
                    hmm that would be sick!!!! I love dead aim.
                    Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-01-2008, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the Guncon 2 replacement. It should be here in a week or two. I'll test it out and post my feedback.

Comment

Does the Guncon 3 not work with older games? I'm suprised it doesn't have a mode to play older games on the Playstation 3.

Comment

Nope, it doesn't. Not even Guncon 2 support. Probably the biggest oversight ever. Time Crisis 4 would have been an instant purchase for me if it was. I'm still shocked that theres no way to play Guncon 1 games on a modern television.

Comment

That sucks. Kinda like Vista not supporting DOS. The best games came out on DOS.

Comment

I had this dilemma when I bought my lcd.
                              I've got a big collection of lightgun games and was shocked that I wouldn't be able to play them.
                              At the time, I read about some alternatives to use but even the most highly rated, could only claim that it was 'nearly' as accurate as using a Guncon... I didn't like the sound of that.
                              Maybe things have improved, I havn't looked into it for a while...
                              My solution:
                              I've got my tube tele sitting next to my lcd. My ps2 is hooked up to my lcd with component cables and my tube tv is hooked up with the standard ps2 cables + Guncon. If I want to play a lightgun game, I just have to change the plug at the back of the ps2 (not a major operation), and use my old tele.

I don't have the Guncon3 yet. The new Time Crisis sounds okay but I need a few more gun games before I'd purchase (or a new Survivor )

btw, I can't believe people here would rather use a pad than a lightgun on the Survivor games! What's wrong with you people?!
                              The Guncon controls are PERFECT.
                              Last edited by Skunky; 08-02-2008, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X