Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braid - This Wednesday on XBLA - Plus Interview by me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid - This Wednesday on XBLA - Plus Interview by me..

I had the chance to speak with Jonathan Blow, the creator of Braid, and get his opinion on a number of things..
    One of the highlights:
    Another user would like to hear your thoughts on the fact that many innovative titles (Such as Braid, or any number of the other breakout hits on the Digital Distribution networks) are being pushed into online distribution, rather then being put onto store shelves with many of the blockbusters. Do you see this as a good thing, or a bad thing, whether because of differences in revenue, media attention, or any number of factors.

I don't know. It's been hard to get a game onto retail shelves ever since I got started in games. But when I got started, Internet publishing was not even an option. But now it is -- so the situation looks, to me, much better than it was 10 years ago. Whether that will hold up, I don't know. XBLA already does not seem so great for indies any more.
    Read the Entire Article @ SuperiorVersion.com

In addition, a video of the entire World 2 has been uploaded

Ho ho ;o I wonder what Neogaf would say about that bolded part, lol. Nice work though, How did you land an interview with the guy?

Comment

As easy as emailing him I posted it on Neogaf I think, only a handful of comments if I remember correctly.

Comment

I really like the artistic style for this game but I really don't wanna fork out this much money for it at this time, what with Rearmed coming out next week and Galaga Legions (and Castle Crashers) following shortly thereafter.

Comment

Yeah i think it's a case of very bad timing for Braid, sandwhiched between Geo Wars 2 and Bionic Commando is really unfortunate. Putting it at that price as well? Not gonna cut it.

I'll get it next time my 360's online, but i can imagine this game going down as an under-rated cult hit unfortunately.

Oh, and slagging off the platform that's bringing your creation to the masses? What a cliche...

Comment

Working...
          X