Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go! Go! Go! Bionic! (Rearmed is upon us soon!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go! Go! Go! Bionic! (Rearmed is upon us soon!)

Topic speaks for itself!

Just another day, and we can all enjoy the finest platforming action ever made!
    Capcom's remake of the 20 year old classic is certainly proof that Capcom's certainly not lost the "remake touch" after fine stuff such as Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X (and not to mention Resident Evil on Game Cube).

Dunno if many noticed/cared, but the forums on the official website opened before the weekend.
    Official Bionic Commando Forums

I'll be starting with the PC version tomorrow morning, as I'm currently away from home and my beloved Xbox 360. However, once I enter el casa de Carn, I shall buy the 360 version and start rockin' for real!

So, anyway, who's ready to swing tomorrow and go for the high-scores on the leaderboards and stuff like that?

I noticed you're a mod on the place.
    Signed up a few days ago but been busy.

Im torn between the 360 or PC version, although the PC version I suppose would be the safer bet for me to get as im not hooked onto PSN, and I hate the 360 pad.

Comment

Right now its a toss up between the PC or PS3 version for me. I definitely won't be getting it on 360 due to the D-Pad (I prefer to play 2D games with the D-Pad). The fact that I'd likely be using the 360 PC contoller is making me lean towards the PS3 one. I guess its largely irrelevant, since it has no online stuff.

But yeah, How did you land mod status there?
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-12-2008, 05:18 AM.

Comment

He was a good little boy

Looks interesting, but it's PC all the way for me!

Comment

Anyone picked this up yet?
          Waiting till the PC version is released then picking it up.
          Then probably getting the PSN version whenever I have enough spare cash to pick it up.

Comment

Since the PC version isn't out until tomorrow, I've had to keep myself busy with... reading! Still far away from my beloved 360, but in less than 24 hours from now, we shall be reunited!

+I've actually bought 2 Xbox 360 copies of it already. I told my brother to drop by my 360 and download the game for me. Then I let him have one of the many 2100 MS points cards I'd stacked up for various releases, this under the one condition that he'd use 800 of those points to buy Bionic Commando + save some for Mega Man 9 next month.

Comment

God damn, did Microsoft pick you up too, Carn? Two copies? "Beloved 360", Hoarding MS Point cards..jeeze. I'd be interested on how it handles with the analog stick though, be sure to report back.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-13-2008, 09:52 PM.

Comment

It handles just fine with the analog stick. I haven't had any problems. There have been reports of screen tearing and slowdown in the 360 version, but I have yet to experience either myself.

Comment

Me neither, but frankly im sticking to the PC version whenever I can get it.
                  I've had a torrid time trying to do the challenge rooms using the 360 D pad and joystick.

Comment

When I saw this on the PSN it reminded me of Carnivol lol. I downloaded the trial, will give it a try tonight..

Comment

I bought it through PSN this afternoon, awesome nostalgia trip. I really wanted to get this on PC via Steam, but it's no longer an option. $5 saved.

Comment

Wow..What the hell? I was going to purchase the PS3 and PC versions, but no Steam = no sale. Those other services can rot for all I care. What a let down.

Comment

Then you're really missing out.

Best Arcade remake yet, it's amazing. I had the original game when it was out on the Amstrad CPC tons of years ago and loved it then, but this is something else.

Amazing soundtrack as well!

Comment

Exactly, PC versions pretty damn good, and if Steam couldn't seal the deal due to payment issues or whatever, its their loss.

Comment

I guess I should have clarified, I'm still getting the PS3 version.

Comment

Working...
                              X