Console versions of Doom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console versions of Doom

I'm trying to compile a list of every console/electronic-gadget port of Doom, fan made or not, which doesn't require external WAD files. So far I've got:

SNES
    Intellivision
    32X
    PS1
    Sega Saturn
    Atari Jaguar
    3DO
    Nintendo 64
    GBA
    Dreamcast
    X-Box
    X-Box 360

Help me out!
    Last edited by Helegad; 08-24-2008, 07:27 AM.

Isn't it also on mobile?

Comment

That's Doom RPG. Completely different I've played and finished it myself. Very, very good.

Comment

No theres a doom on mobile, a friend of mine has it on his Sony Ericsson, nothing RPG about it.

Comment

Is it this?

Otherwise, I'll have to look into it!

Comment

I own a PSX copy of this. Don't think I ever beat it though.

Comment

PSX version was awesome, but the passwords thing pissed me right off.

Comment

The Japanese import of DOOM for Saturn was better than the American release. It ran nearly twice as fast.

Comment

I remember playing the 32X edition.... and getting stuck, because the damn thing had so many bugs. It had half the levels missing. The end of the credits went to a DOS prompt, and it wasn't even full screen. How sad is that? Oh yeah, that and the SNES version was better.
                  Last edited by Rombie; 08-24-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Doom and Doom2 were included on the disc for Doom3 on Xbox. Is that what you're counting in the list above? Or was it availabe to download?

EDIT: This might be useful too.
                    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-25-2008, 03:23 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Rombie, you used cheats. That's why the DOS prompt came up

Gene, that's exactly what I mean. You can download Doom 1 and 2 through X-Box Live for 360, but it only came out on the Doom 3 disc for the original X-Box.

Thanks for the list! I'll look over it

Comment

I'm pretty sure some guy was able to get it to work on his ipod.

Comment

Yeah, there have been some iPod ports... interesting stuff, I don't know how it would work though.

Comment

I never had any password problems with my Doom, as I had the cheat code book in the palm of my hand! Muhahahahaha!

It kicked ass. I never got to play Final Doom though, although I've heard it's pretty good.

Comment

Final Doom is extremely difficult on PC, but I couldn't get into the PSX version because of the passwords thing. Like, passwords are so... GameBoy Color.

Comment

Working...
                              X