RE3 owners, I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE3 owners, I need your help!

I've realized that in order to get an archive of all the save files for RE3 for all regions, with everything (minus the infinite ammo case) unlocked, I'd need to beat the game 99 times.

I can't do this So, I'm looking for some people who can help me. I need people who would be willing to beat Resident Evil 3 around 9 times total, and play numerous Mercenaries missions to get the cash to buy the first three unlocks, and then have enough cash (9999) left over for a person who downloads the save to decide to buy infinite ammo or not. This is how it breaks down:

Easy Mode:
    -Beat RE3 once, earning two costumes (automatic), and Mercenaries
    -Beat Mercenaries, and buy all items except infinite ammo case (but have the cash to buy it if a person wants to)

Hard Mode:
    -Beat RE3 eight times, earn all costumes (should be automatic by 8x), epilogues, and Mercenaries
    -Beat Mercenaries, and buy all items except infinite ammo case (but have the cash to buy it if a person wants to)

Once thats done, You'd need a way to get the save file to me. Of course, I'll be crediting you. I've done this myself with the US Gamecube version and know that its a ton of work to do.

For the PS1 versions, you can simply play on your PS3 and copy the file to a flash drive, or sd card then send the file.

For Gamecube, I recommend picking up this (I use it, its awesome)

For PC, its easy, and as for Dreamcast, I don't have a solution for that yet.

If anyone would be willing to help out, please let me know which game you'd be able to tackle. The most important thing is that you do not use any game modifiers, like Action Replay or Gameshark to achieve this.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-01-2008, 06:22 AM.

You can transfer saves to a sdcard too with a SDGecko using GC Backup
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

i only own the japanese version and it doesnt play in my ps3 only in my ps2(modchip),if there is anything i can do to help let me know.
      Last edited by ZERO; 09-01-2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Well, I can't confirm this yet, but I think if you play it on a modded ps2 and complete it, then buy that PS3 memory card adapter, you can transfer the saves to the PS3 and get them that way. I'll confirm this soon.

Comment

The Dreamcast has a few VMU units that connection through USB. I dug one up earlier this morning I'll see if I can get the website again if anyone is interested. I remember logging hours into my DC back in my 56k day and going to web sites to download game save back in the day. I only wish I could still do this but now however I need a broadband adaptor but they are difficult to find and expensive when you do come across one.

Comment

Alf, if you can find one that would be great. Thus far I've only been able to find COM port ones, which my PC lacks. A USB one would be fantastic.

Does anyone know if RE games on Dreamcast have save copy protection? I assume a DC>PC card would defeat that, right?
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-01-2008, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              Alf, if you can find one that would be great. Thus far I've only been able to find COM port ones, which my PC lacks. A USB one would be fantastic.

Does anyone know if RE games on Dreamcast have save copy protection? I assume a DC>PC card would defeat that, right?
              Sorry Dot looks like what I found was the exact same thing as you mentioned above. All I was able to turn up was a dead link to a USB mod at the DCemu forums and a few serial to USB connectors. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Comment

Found one

I'll just have to find somewhere to get the cable now.

Comment

So far:

Dot50Cal
                  • Resident Evil 3 (Gamecube - USA) *COMPLETE*
                  • Resident Evil 3 (PSX - USA)

Mr. Spencer
                  • Resident Evil 3 (PSX - UK)

TheSelfishGene
                  • Biohazard 3 (Dreamcast - JPN)

Gene brought up a good point, in that for the Dreamcast and PC versions, you don't need to beat easy mode at all, since the costumes and mercenary mode are already unlocked. If anyone else is willing to help out, let me know. I'm moving onto RE3 for Playstation 1 (USA) next.

Titles we still need help with:

Biohazard 3 JPN
                  • PSX
                  • PC
                  • Gamecube
                  • Source Next PC (Compatible with PC?)

Resident Evil 3 USA
                  • Dreamcast
                  • PC

Resident Evil 3 UK
                  • Dreamcast
                  • PC
                  • Gamecube

Resident Evil 3 GERMAN
                  • PSX

Are there more German releases other than the PSX one? I know it has white blood and disappearing bodies, so that will be a treat

These are the known ones left that I am aware of. If more people join in, it might spur me to create a Mercenaries mode rankings page and add all our scores up on it ;)
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-01-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I have a disc will all the DC RE2/RE3 game saves as well as system files unlocked. Let me know if you need it. It's actually a save compilation disc by a guy named "El Bucaniro" or as I remember correctly (can't remember if that's how you spell it).
                    Last edited by FeurMensch; 09-01-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Nah, with those you typically have action replay hacks in them to give you items. I don't want to involve any of that stuff, since it sometimes can backfire and corrupt the save. All legit plays only

Comment

It is legit. I'd only give you the system file that has all the extras unlocked. These are ones he did.

Comment

I'd prefer to have people I know do it This way we minimize any issues that might arise from it. Plus, it'll help get some scores up on the Mercenaries score page

Comment

There's also an Italian and Spanish version of the game for the psx (SLES 02533 & SLES 02532), plus the Platinum one (SLES 02698). Does them count?

Comment

Hmm, I have a complete save, but I did buy the infinite ammo case. I may have an older version of it somewhere on an old PS1 memory card... I'll try to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X