Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal

Just finished it last night (took me only a few hours from start to finish; one arvo's work). Man, that's the best game I've played in a while. I'm amazed at how Valve could fit such a solid story into it also. The puzzles were challengine, and while some people would say that it was too short, I thought it was the perfect length. Too many portal puzzles = extreme repetition after a while.

What did other people think about that game?

(P.S: I'm still alive ;)

I thought it was fantastic too. It took me about 4 hours, but I thought it was the perfect length too.

I didn't read much about the game, so nothing was spoiled for me.
    Spoiler:
    I think if they dragged either that part, or the test chambers out, it would have felt too long.

The puzzles could have been a bit more challenging, but there was a sense of achievement once I'd completed some of the test chambers.

Glados is fantastic, and the humour was right up my alley.
    Thoroughly enjoyable. I'd say it was one of the most enjoyable games I've played this past decade.

I give it 5 thumbs up (out of 5)
    sigpic

Comment

Lol, same. Ten out of ten for me

I was almost stuck in some bits, but after 10 minutes (maximum) of searching, I found a way out.

Poor companionship cube...

Comment

I'm looking forward to the extended XBLA version so much.

Comment

The XBLA version was only gonna have more multiplayer maps or something. No extra story.

Comment

Extended version...? CLARIFY NOW!
            I love this game, its so bloody awesome, and GLaDOS humour ALWAYS makes me laugh.

Comment

I thought the expansion pack had an extention to the single player campaign.

If not, won't even bother as I had the PC version to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                The XBLA version was only gonna have more multiplayer maps or something. No extra story.
                It was never going to have multiplayer. And it doesn't need extra story anyway.

Originally posted by Gardon
                Extended version...?
                Have a look here

Comment

I finished the MapPack a few days ago, and I got to say, it's even better than the original levels!

If you loved Portal, the MapPack is a MUST DOWNLOAD!
                  Last edited by doomed; 09-02-2008, 07:08 AM.

Comment

And if anyone hasn't played it, try the flash version, great fun!

Comment

Woah, I LOVE the flash version.
                      Do you know if its full portal with those maps on XBLA?
                      Or just the extra maps seperate aswell?
                      Because I have Portal on The Orange Box.

Comment

Full Portal, AND those maps, according to the report i linked to.

I have Orange Box as well, still psyched for the new maps.

Comment

It's a bit sad the XBLA version is just pay-for-content for the same that is otherwise free for PC owners.

Comment

I'll still pay for more Portal-ness.
                            But not sure about paying for the Whole game again...besides, I only have like 300 points left.

Comment

Bill Gates needs to pay the prostitutes, don't forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X