Dark Biohazard: Submit your questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Biohazard: Submit your questions

C2keo will be appearing on the next podcast, so now is the time to get your questions in. Dominion may be answering questions via email as well, which we'll get on the podcast.

Some topics are off limits though, such as specifics on how they modified the engine, technical aspects of the game etc. Most everything else is fair game. If the community produces some good questions, we'll add them into our cache and read your question on the show

How long will the mod be? Will it be short (1-2 hours) or longer?
    Last edited by doomed; 09-06-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Will the basic layout of the game be the same (streets, RPD, sewers, etc) or will that be changed too?

How many boss fights will there be in the game? And how many of the bosses will be new?

And the obvious one i suppose, any estimates for a release date?

Comment

Great stuff so far guys

Comment

{i'm a little out of the loop on PC mods and what's allowed, but i still wouldn't mind knowing the guy's views on this one} Are you concerned that all of your work may end up being for nothing if Capcom get wind of the project?

Were there any particular PC mods for another games that inspired you to come up with this?

If you could only change ONE THING from Resident Evil 2 & 3 (gameplay mechanic, story, anything!), what would it be?

Would you consider looking into releasing this for the Dreamcast? It might be a dead console, but there's still a homebrew community out there, or at least people who still own their DC.

What's been the biggest difficulty you've faced in the development of Dark Biohazard?

What're your feelings about the current direction of the Resident Evil series? Are you disillusioned and that's what led you to working so hard on this project?

Sorry if that's too many questions Dot

Comment

Why 'Dark' Biohazard?

Is the amount of rooms present in the mod limited by the amount of rooms on the data of RE2 & RE3 or can you make new rooms and integrate them into the mod data?

Can you improve the amount of poligons present in the models of enemies and characters?

Are you capable of modify the cutscenes and integrate them properly into the game?

Which exact version of the retail game I need to play the mod?
            Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 09-06-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

how will players who cannot get the PC game resident evil 2 be able to play this mod. is it compatible with resident evil 3 which is available for direct download purchase from some sites?

Comment

rider, I can say already, nope. You'll have to have RE2 for PC. You can find it on ebay super cheap now

Comment

The talent is there. No doubt about that. You guys could put together a great mod, but here are a few things that I'm not crazy about.

- The new handgun animation. It's just horrible, even though I see what you were trying to do. You would be better off making the handgun pointing up, or down, but not across like that.

- The story. If you're going to make a quality mod, why not make a serious story? I'm not saying that it has to fit in to the current RE games, but make a more realistic story. The whole mixing of 1.5 elements and the final version of 2 and 3 is just not that great.

- I would suggest a name change as well. "Dark Biohazard." We already know that Biohazard is dark. That's the point of it. How about Biohazard: Dark Echoes, or something?
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

I think thats more fit for the general discussion thread, and not the questions topic. Its more suggestions than questions, really. Plus the tone is just negative ;(
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the negative tone, just wanted to point out what I saw wrong, and maybe hear their take on it.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                        The talent is there. No doubt about that. You guys could put together a great mod, but here are a few things that I'm not crazy about.

- The new handgun animation. It's just horrible, even though I see what you were trying to do. You would be better off making the handgun pointing up, or down, but not across like that.

- The story. If you're going to make a quality mod, why not make a serious story? I'm not saying that it has to fit in to the current RE games, but make a more realistic story. The whole mixing of 1.5 elements and the final version of 2 and 3 is just not that great.

- I would suggest a name change as well. "Dark Biohazard." We already know that Biohazard is dark. That's the point of it. How about Biohazard: Dark Echoes, or something?
                        Agreed, 100%

Bio Hazard: Stir of Echoe's?

Comment

Guys, its a bit rude to bring up a name change in an interview, don't you think? I mean, this is their game afterall. I ask that you guys try and keep down the negative tones in questions as well. Theres no need to slander the mod, since that gives the creators the impression that everything they are working on is garbage. If you want to be critical of the mod, please do that in the various topics we have for it on the forums.

So please, try to be respectful to the team and stop asking for name changes damnit!!
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

ok if i can't ask that heres a better ?

* if the dark biohazard mod is a success will we see another mod based of of resident evil nemesis for the PC?

Comment

- Should we expect cameo's and surprise appearances from familiar faces ?

- How big will the mod file be once its launched, just curious ?

- Do you plan to launch it commercially, or atleast advertise it on major outlets or something ?

- What was your inspiration for this mod in the original place ?

- Why RE2 ? any specific reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X